Dogwood is a small tree or shrub( its height depends on the place where it grows).He grows in Central Asia, the Caucasus and the Crimea. Sweet and sour fruit of cornel with a large stone inside ripen late autumn. They have a pleasant, slightly astringent taste. From the dogwood prepare jam, wine, compote and even marmalade. Despite the excellent taste and useful properties, the plant in some cases can even cause harm.
Table of contents:
- Plant varieties
- Use of cornelian: composition of
- Use of corneline for organism
- Use of cornelian: what diseases treats
- Dogwood berries: use for organism
- Cornelian seeds( bones): use
- Cornel leaves: use
- How flowers are usedplants
- Corrug's root: its use
- Bark: application of
- When to collect cornelian and how to store it
- Harm to cornelian
Varieties of plant
- Jamaican is a very dangerous variety. If you take it without the supervision of a doctor, you can cause great harm to the body. Jamaican dogwood is a toxic plant that can even cause addiction.
Use of dogwood: the composition of
Berries contain a huge amount of useful substances:
- and fructose glucose contribute:
- strengthening of the heart muscle walls,
- enhance immunity,
- vascular strengthening,
- accelerate metabolism.
- Organic acids : succinic, malic, citric, promote:
- decrease in gastric acidity,
- formation of red blood cells in the blood,
- improvement in vascular status.
- Pectin and tannins .
- provide prevention of sclerotic damage to capillaries,
- neutralizes free radicals,
- normalizes the heart,
- normalizes pressure,
- has a beneficial effect on the central nervous system.
- Vitamins A, P, C .
- Kizil contains a huge amount of ascorbic acid, in this it is inferior even to black currant.
- Mineral salts of magnesium, iron, sulfur, potassium, calcium.
- Essential oils :
- relieve inflammation,
- neutralize bacterial infection,
- improve gastrointestinal function,
- help with cough,
- regulate the work of the heart and vessels.
- Cornelian leaves contain many tannins , which have diuretic properties.
Use of corneline for the body
- Restores normal blood pressure.
- Provides prevention of sclerosis.
- Strengthens the body's immune system.
- Removes various inflammations.
- Discharges toxic substances from the body.
- Increases appetite.
- Promotes excretion of uric acid from the body.
- Increases hemoglobin.
- Strengthens the walls of blood vessels.
- Restores liver function.
- Helps with indigestion.
- Regulates the enzymatic activity of the pancreas.
- Increases acidity in the stomach.
- Helps to get rid of heartburn.
- Excellent antibacterial agent.
- Lowers blood sugar levels.
- Lowers fever body temperature.
The Benefits of Dogwood: What Diseases Cures
- Diseases of the kidney and liver inflammatory nature.
- Back pain.
- Influenza, ARI.
- Diseases of the respiratory system. Kidney stones.
- Disorder of the menstrual cycle.
- Mental disorders.
- Diabetes mellitus. Scarlet fever
- Tuberculosis of the lungs.
- Rapid urination.
Dogwood Berries: Benefits for the Body
Fruits are used to treat the following ailments:
- Skin diseases.
- Overweight( obesity).
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Diseases of the liver and kidneys( inflammation).
- Metabolic disorders.
Berries can be consumed fresh, as well as in dried, dried, boiled and frozen.
Dogwood seeds( bones): use of
Bones are used for the therapy of of digestive diseases , and of hemorrhoids and of stomach upset .A seed powder is used, which is absolutely harmless, it does not cause any side effects. The positive effect can be felt after the first days of use.
In addition, cornel seeds are toasted and grinded, and then used instead of coffee.
Cornel leaves: use of
The foliage of the plant has diuretic and choleretic properties. It is used to treat of the liver , of the stomach , of the gallbladder .Also, the leaves of the dogwood help to heal strong headache , restore metabolism and reduce blood sugar level .
. How flowers of the plant are used.
Flowers contain routine, as well as organic acids, which is why they are often used to relieve the condition during fever. If you mix the broth from the flowers and mix it with barley flour until the formation of gruel, you will get an effective ointment for treating abscesses.
Corrug's root: its use
The root is used to treat malaria and various types of fever. In addition, this part of the plant helps with the following ailments:
- Pain in the lumbar region.
- Noise in the ears.
- Rapid urination.
Bark: application of
Medications from the bark can be taken orally, but can be used externally, as well as to rinse the mouth with:
- Inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity.
When it is necessary to collect the dogwood and how to store it.
The cornel bark is harvested in early spring, and the leaves need to be collected during the flowering period of the plant. The berries should be harvested in September, and the roots - in late autumn. Cornel blossoms from March to April, and the fruits ripen in August-September.
To keep the fruits as long as possible, they should be collected at the beginning of their flowering. Berries are placed in small baskets, where they ripen. It is recommended to store dogwood at temperatures from 0 to +2 degrees.
You can also dry the berries in a well-ventilated room. In fresh form fruits can be eaten after frost, their taste even improves.
Raw fruit can be stored in the refrigerator in the package for no longer than 12 days.
Harm to the dogwood
Can such a useful plant do harm? Yes, because taking medicines and food with the content of any part of the dogwood is contraindicated:
- People with gastritis( increased acidity).
- Those who are inclined to frequent constipation is not recommended to use the plant.
- People with increased excitability should refrain from eating, otherwise you can harm your nervous system.
- If a person suffers from a stomach ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer.
- You can not take juice and fruits of dogwood before going to sleep, otherwise sleeplessness can not be avoided.
Cornel should be taken with caution, because, like any other medicinal plant, it can bring not only good, but also harm.
- How to treat gout
- How to reduce pressure
- Pancreas functions