Hello dear readers. Today we will talk about such a medicinal plant as St. John's wort, medical properties, use and contraindications, we will also consider. St. John's wort is a very useful medicinal plant, which is widely used in folk medicine. My mother and my grandmother prepare the St. John's wort, and if necessary, it is used. Grandmother always says that St. John's wort helps from 99 diseases. The grandmother always prepares in the winter delicious tea from twigs of a raspberry, from hips, a thyme, mint and necessarily adds also a twig of a St. John's wort. Brews her herbs right in the kettle, she has a special teapot, in which she brews her own tea from herbs. Of course, I do not, I have an electric kettle, I often pour boiling water over the boiling water, I insist and apply it as necessary.
With oil prepared from the flowers of St. John's wort, the grandmother always wounds, cracks and cuts grease, even with burns and frostbite, St. John's wort oil is irreplaceable.
Harvesting of St. John's wort.
St. John's wort grows in the fields, forest edges, in gardens, on the outskirts of fields, in thickets of bushes, in glades in the forest. You can procure the St. John's wort for yourself, or you can buy St. John's wort in a pharmacy or at grandmother's. Well, and if you still decide to prepare the St. John's wort, then you need to collect it during the flowering period. Blossoms St. John's wort starting from June and until August, its flowers are small, bright yellow, they are collected in the inflorescence. Cut the twigs of St. John's wort 25 cm long without the coarse stem bases. Dry under a canopy spreading it in a thin layer on the newspaper. You can dry in the attic, you can dry it in the dryer, usually in good weather under a canopy or in the attic, the St. John's wort dries up in 4-5 days. You can tie the St. John's wort in small buns and hang it under a canopy, so too does the wilderness dry well enough. My mother is drying St. John's wort. Store grass in cotton bags. The shelf life of St. John's wort is 2 years.
Now let's talk about the medicinal and useful properties of the herb St. John's Wort. What is so useful in St. John's Wort?
St. John's Wort. Medical properties.
- St. John's wort has a very rich composition, it contains vitamin A, C, PP, choline, tannins, nicotinic acid, essential oil, zinc, manganese, alkaloids.
- To the note. Juice fresh herb St. John's wort contains 1. 5 times more useful substances than tincture.
- The herb of St. John's wort has a calming effect on the nervous system.
- Provides restoring effect on the tissue, very well heals wounds, wounds, cuts, cracks.
- Has St. John's wort such healing properties: wound healing, hemostatic, analgesic, antiseptic, antimicrobial, analgesic, spasmolytic.
- The herb of St. John's wort is known as a vermifuge.
- St. John's wort is used as a tonic for cardiovascular diseases.
- St. John's wort has a very good result in the treatment of hemorrhoids.
St. John's wort has a wide application, it helps with bronchitis, headaches, with female diseases, with cystitis, with prostatitis, acne, insomnia.
We have a lot of St. John's wort growing in the woods in the forest, it attracts with its brightly yellow flowers. From one species to a St. John's wort, the mood improves.
St. John's Wort. Application.
How to cook a decoction of St. John's wort? We need to take one spoonful of chopped grass and fill it with a liter of water, put it on the fire and simmer for about ten minutes, then insist for about twenty minutes and filter. Take it 1/4 cup three times a day, with headaches, with intestinal diseases, with kidney disease, with uterine bleeding. External apply a decoction in the form of a compress for rashes, blackheads, abscesses.
How to make butter from St. John's wort flowers? You need to take one tablespoon of St. John's wort flowers, fill them with one glass of vegetable oil, you can use olive oil and insist for two weeks, periodically shaking the contents. Next, the oil must be filtered and placed in the refrigerator, so that the oil does not deteriorate. The oil of St. John's wort has a reddish color. It is used for lubricating the wound, for burns, for frostbite, for hemorrhoids, for syringing. Oil perfectly heals wounds.
How to cook an infusion of St. John's wort? I take a teaspoon of chopped St. John's wort and pour one cup of boiling water, then I insist 20 minutes, then filter. Take 1/3 cup two, three times a day.
How to prepare an alcoholic tincture of St. John's wort? Spoonful of St. John's wort infused with 100 ml.alcohol and 10 days insist in a dark place, tincture to strain. Take it with pulmonary tuberculosis 10 drops diluted in 1/3 cup water, before meals.
St. John's Wort. Contraindications.
- Contraindicated in St. John's wort during pregnancy.
- With hypertension, use St. John's wort with caution, as it helps increase pressure.
- With individual intolerance.
- St. John's wort can cause such a side effect as bitterness in the mouth, hives.
- Do not use St. John's Wort above the indicated dose.
- Too concentrated decoction or infusion may cause spasms in the intestines.
Of course, very useful medicinal plant St. John's Wort. The healing properties of St. John's wort are really good and have a positive effect in many diseases, but St. John's wort has contraindications. Therefore, before applying the herb St. John's Wort, read and contraindications. But, best of all, if you decide to use St. John's wort with a therapeutic purpose, then consult a doctor before applying it.