Pharyngitis is one of the most common diseases in the cold period. And, despite the unpleasant symptoms, doctors do not consider this disease serious. Methods of treatment are worked out, there are a lot of drugs and usually the disease recedes after 10-14 days. But many prefer to be treated with folk remedies for various reasons: some are afraid of serious side effects of pharmaceuticals, others do not trust official medicine, others simply do not have time to visit a doctor. And many of the folk methods are really able to cope with pharyngitis. The main thing is to approach the treatment wisely.
- 1 Causes of pharyngitis and its symptoms
- 2 Treatment methods
- 2.1 Beekeeping products
- 2.1.1 Application of honey
- 2.1.2 Propolis
- 2.2 Phytotherapy
- 2.2.1 Photo gallery: herbs
- 2.3 Oils, salt and othersfunds
- 2.3.1 Photo Gallery: other treatments
- 2.1 Beekeeping products
- 3 Video: how to treat pharyngitis at home
Causes of pharyngitis and its symptoms
Pharyngitis is an inflammation of the laryngeal mucosa, which is a consequenceinfection through the nasopharynx. It is accepted to distinguish three types of course of the disease:
- acute - occurs due to low temperatures or infection against a background of reduced immunity;
- chronic - grows out of the acute form in the absence of proper treatment, provoking factors are smoking, sinusitis, problems on the part of the digestive tract and others;
- subatrophic - is the result of work in harmful conditions( chemicals, dust, paint), can develop against a background of gastritis, cholecystitis, pancreatitis, kidney disease, endocrine system.
Symptoms of pharyngitis are easily confused with a cold. Only with pharyngitis there is no runny nose. Otherwise, the symptoms are similar:
- difficulty with swallowing;
- high temperature;
- burning and choking in the throat.
The main treatment is aimed at reducing inflammation in the larynx, which is quite successfully cope with folk methods, often ineffective in other diseases. In addition to taking medication, do not forget about other things. So, try to avoid provoking factors - cold air, food and beverages of low temperature, dusty rooms, harmful substances. In addition, it is necessary to temporarily limit smoking and give up alcoholic beverages.
Methods of treatment
Pharyngitis is not so much a dangerous disease as unpleasant. Cough and persistent perspiration exhaust and do not allow to live peacefully for many days. It's good that there are a lot of folk remedies that can not only ease the condition, but really help quickly get rid of the disease. Moreover, any of these methods can be used in the treatment of not only acute pharyngitis, but also in chronic and subatrophic flow. Only first of all, be sure to study the contraindications and possible consequences of using these medications so as not to harm your health. And, if it is a chronic pharyngitis or subatrophic, then a comprehensive examination of the body and treatment of diseases that could cause inflammation of the larynx.
Honey and everything related to the activity of bees have long been recognized as the best medicines for various colds and inflammations. The composition of these products is so rich in vitamins and minerals that they quickly cope with such diseases. But honey and propolis should not be used by those who have a tendency to allergies or individual intolerance. With prolonged and uncontrolled reception of beekeeping products, skin rashes, fever, breathing problems, dizziness, nausea and vomiting can occur. But such manifestations are more related to hypersensitivity to honey.
Application of honey
The simplest scheme of treatment is to drink warm tea with a bee product. This remedy perfectly softens the irritated throat, relieves inflammation, lowers temperature and fights viruses. Usually such a medicine helps to cope with the disease within 7-10 days. If you want to strengthen the natural action of honey, then you can prepare one of the following potions:
- Milk with honey. Preheat the milk to a comfortable temperature, it should not be hot. Add a large spoonful of honey and stir well. The taste of such a drug like not everyone, but to get rid of inflammation helps quickly enough.
- Mulled wine. Well-known delicious drink against the first signs of a cold - heated wine with spices. You can take it as a basis and for treating inflammation of the larynx, adding honey to it. Mix the juice from half a lemon and a spoonful of bee products. Add a glass of warmed red wine and mix well. Then the medicine needs to be heated a little on a water bath so as not to destroy the useful composition of honey. Now add cloves, cinnamon to the drug, you can get some fruit, let it brew and you can take. You need to drink it in a warm form. It is advisable to start this immediately, as soon as you feel unwell. However, such a medicine can not be used by children because of the alcoholic component.
- A mixture of honey and sage. Quickly removes the very cause of the disease, softens the throat, removes the temperature. Pour a spoonful of dry grass with a glass of boiling water and boil a couple of minutes on the stove. Decoction cool, strain, add one - two spoons of honey and you can drink. Note that sage has a light hypnotic effect, so this medicine should be taken in the evening.
- Honey-coniferous tincture. If you have fir or fir buds, you can prepare yourself such a medicine. Kilogram of conifer ingredient pour a liter of cold water and cook this mixture for half an hour. After the brew is cooled, mix it with honey in equal proportions. The medicine should be in a dark cool place. Take it you need a tablespoon three times a day, pre-heating.
- Honey and garlic. Means good, effective, but with diseases of the digestive system, the gallbladder, the cardiovascular system should not be taken. Also, the use of garlic for epilepsy, hemorrhoids and during pregnancy is not recommended. Prepare the infusion, able to help with pharyngitis, simple. Half a glass of chopped garlic, put in an enamel cup and completely fill with honey. The mixture is cooked over low heat for about 20 minutes. Let the billet steep for a while and cook it again. The mixture should be cooled, drain and you can begin treatment. Take the medicine three times a day on a tablespoon( children - by tea).Keep the honey-garlic medicine best in the refrigerator.
- Inhalations. The bee product is diluted with warm boiled water at a ratio of 1 to 5, and inhale with an inhaler first through the nose for three minutes, then the same amount of time through the mouth.
Remember that all these methods are contraindicated for people with allergic honey and individual intolerance to the product!
In addition to honey itself, it is effective to treat pharyngitis and other bee products, such as propolis. This is a known natural remedy that has high healing, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Propolis has practically no contraindications. Even in the case when there is an allergy to honey, this product in most cases does not cause negative reactions. The only restriction is pregnancy and lactation. During these periods, propolis should be used externally.
It is interesting that propolis never has any specific composition. The set of vitamins and microelements is always different, and depends on the terrain, the kind of plants from which the bees collected pollen, even from the season. But the composition of propolis is always rich, so it is able to cure almost any disease.
The simplest and most affordable use of bee medicines is simply to chew it for at least ten minutes. This is already enough to quickly get rid of the inflammatory processes in the throat and prevent the further spread of the infection in the nasopharynx. But you can prepare and various medications based on propolis, which will help cure the disease faster.
- Propolis tincture. It can be purchased at the pharmacy or manufactured independently. Grind the bee product and pour it with clean cold water. After a while, pure propolis will remain at the bottom, and all impurities will remain on the surface. Here's what you left below and you need to pour alcohol in a ratio of 1: 3, and leave in a dark place for a month. After the indicated time, tincture should be filtered and mixed with sea-buckthorn oil in the following proportions: 1 part propolis tincture and two parts oil. In the future, this tool can be used by soaking a piece of sugar for absorption or adding it to tea.
- Mixture for rinsing the throat. This option is well suited for those cases when it is impossible to take the products of beekeeping inside. Pour a spoonful of dry St. John's wort with a glass of water and boil in a water bath for about 15 minutes. Then the broth should be cooled, strain and add to it 60 drops of propolis tincture. Gargle three times a day with a warm mixture.
- Anti-inflammatory tincture. You will need 80 grams of honey, a teaspoon of calanchoe juice and half a tincture of propolis. Mix all the ingredients and can be used to lubricate the inflamed mucosa. Keep the medicine in a tightly closed container in a cool place.
If treatment with bee products is impossible, it is worth starting to treat pharyngitis with herbs. The blessing of all necessary is on sale in any drugstore. Additional plus - contraindications and possible side effects are immediately indicated on the package. Therefore, before using, be sure to read the instructions.
- Mix in equal proportions a dry calendula, chamomile and oak bark. Then take two spoons of this mixture, pour a glass of boiling water and cook in a water bath for 15 minutes. Strain the mixture, cool to a comfortable temperature and rinse the throat at least twice a day. It is worth knowing that long-term use of such a drug may threaten the deterioration of the sense of smell due to the oak that enters the bark.
- Infusion for rinses and inhalations. You will need: mother-and-stepmother, string and mint in the ratio 5: 3: 1.Take a tablespoon of herbal mixture, pour a glass of boiling water and leave for an hour and a half. Then strain the infusion and you can begin treatment.
- Rosehip. Pour the berries with boiling water and drink like regular tea. You can add a little bit of thyme or sage to the berries to enhance the healing effect and make the drink more flavorful and tasty.
- Inhalation with lavender and mint. Separately pour 10 grams of each herb with a glass of boiling water and leave to infuse for half an hour. It is also necessary to prepare a decoction of oak bark - a tablespoon of dry ingredient mixed with 200 ml of hot water and boil in a water bath for 15-20 minutes. Then, you need to combine all three mixtures, pour half a glass and start making inhalations. The procedure is carried out at least three times a day for 10 minutes.
- Well helps to get rid of inflammation of the linden, which can be applied both in the form of tea, and as a gargling, and for inhalations. Take two tablespoons of dried flowers, pour 200 ml of hot water and wait for about half an hour. Obtain the resulting broth and begin treatment. You can also make a mixture of medicinal herbs: one teaspoon of lime and calendula flowers and two - sage leaves. Pour the mixture with a glass of boiling water and leave it for an hour. This tool can be used for gargling and inhalation.
- Healing tea from a mixture of herbs. Take 5 g of mint, 3 g of string and 2 g of plantain, pour them a glass of cold water and leave for half an hour. Then the mixture must be brought to a boil and again insist an hour. Ready infusion should be taken before going to bed of 20 ml.
Photo gallery: herbs
Oils, salt and other products
In addition to the traditional treatment of honey and medicinal herbs, there isa few more methods that will help you quickly get rid of the inflammation of the larynx:
- Sea buckthorn oil. They can lubricate the throat from the inside every day. Or you can do inhalation with this remedy: add a spoonful of oil to a liter of hot water and breathe on this mixture for ten minutes.
- You can make a mixture of oils for inhalation. Take 10 drops of olive oil, mint oil, fir, peach, sea-buckthorn, orange and lavender, mix with 200 ml of hot water, and breathe through the inhaler for 10 minutes twice a day.
- Classic potato treatment. Here everything is simple - boil the tubers, light them a little and breathe over them for about 10 minutes.
- Soda inhalation - a tablespoon of powder for a glass of boiling water. The procedure should be carried out twice a day.
- Gargle with sea salt. Dissolve a tablespoon of mineral in half a liter of hot water. Once the mixture has cooled slightly, you can start rinsing. It is necessary to conduct the procedure at least five times a day.
- Heated beer. This recipe is not suitable for children, pregnant and lactating women and those who have kidney, liver and cardiovascular diseases. But, in general, such treatment is able to cope with the disease, thanks to the large number of vitamins and minerals contained in the drink. Only to buy a good, live beer.
- A mixture of fruits and nuts. Take one glass of raisins, cranberries and walnuts, chop and mix into a single mass. Add 1.5 cups of honey and a glass of vodka. Take this medicine one spoon before eating.
- Apples. Take five spoons of crushed fruit, pour half a liter of water and cook this mixture for 20 minutes. Drink such a decoction two times a day, one glass.
- Mumiyo. This tool has a unique composition and can quickly relieve you of an unpleasant illness. You can simply dissolve small pieces of mummies, or you can dissolve 300 mg of this substance in half a glass of warm milk and drink this medicine at least twice a day.
Photo gallery: other medications
Video: how to treat pharyngitis at home
[embedyt] http: //www.youtube.com/ watch? V= Afju39j5tG0 [/ embedyt]
There are many options for treating pharyngitis: from simple to multicomponent. You can only choose what suits the ingredients, cooking or contraindications, and you can begin treatment. Despite the unpleasant course of the disease, getting rid of pharyngitis is not difficult. The main thing is immediately, at the first signs of malaise, start taking medicine.