Children are especially vulnerable to many diseases, and otitis is no exception. Inflammation of the ear often overtakes the children, and from an early age - otitis is diagnosed even in infants. The high likelihood of such a disease in a child is due to the peculiarities of the structure of the nasopharynx .So, because of the small length of the Eustachian tubes, the liquid( mucus) accumulates in them much faster than in adults. In addition, babies often cry, which also provokes active production of liquids. Often the cause of the onset of otitis in a child is getting into the Eustachian tube of the remnants of milk during regurgitation of .In a child's body, inflammatory processes usually develop more actively, so that the disease can flow into a different, more serious form in a short time.
Parents can not independently diagnose themselves, they can only suspect the development of the disease. The final verdict can be made solely by the doctor, and on the basis of the conducted studies. Modern medicine offers a large number of methods to combat this disease, so if you ask for help in time, it will be easy to get rid of otitis from a baby. Timely response of parents also plays a big role in preventing the development of serious complications of inflammation.
- 1 Symptoms of different types of otitis in children
- 2 Photo gallery: typical symptoms of external otitis
- 3 Features of detection of the disease in toddlers
- 4 Video about the causes and signs of pediatric otitis
Symptoms of different types of otitis in children
Statistics show that most often the diagnosis of "otitis" is put to childrenat the age of six months to a year - in this interval about 60% of babies were sick, and a third of them suffered from the disease several times. There are different forms of otitis:
- on the localization of inflammation can identify external, secondary and internal disease( depending on which part of the ear is affected).If we talk about children, they often have otitis media;
- there is a classification by origin, within its framework the disease is divided into viral and bacterial forms;
- there is an acute and chronic form of the disease;
- , based on concomitant symptoms of otitis media, is divided into exudative, catarrhal and purulent.
Doctor's advice: forcing the child to blow his nose, do not do it too aggressively and ask the baby to blow with all his might. Such actions provoke the opposite effect, and mucus remains in Eustachian tubes or rushes into the middle ear region, which creates favorable conditions for the development of otitis media.
Consider the symptoms of childhood otitis media in the context of its individual varieties. So, the external type of the disease is an inflammatory process of the external auditory canal. In children, the disease usually results from the accumulation of moisture or damage to the integrity of the skin by a sharp object.
Photo Gallery: typical symptoms of external otitis
The disease is often diagnosed in children who are engaged in swimming. Typical symptoms: pain in the ear, a constant sense of itching, ear congestion, during yawning pain usually increases. If the cause of the disease is, for example, an infection that has fallen into a scratch, then around it, redness and swelling form. In rare cases, with external inflammation there is a worsening of hearing.
Otitis media often occurs with acute respiratory infections. You can talk about the existence of the following forms of the disease:
- is an acute form of . Accompanied by the appearance of severe discomfort and pain and is the result of infection in the middle ear. At children very quickly flows into a purulent form;
- with purulent otitis inflammation spreads to all parts of the inner ear. Symptomatic manifestations depend on the stage of the disease. So, at the first stage the first local symptom arises - a pronounced pain in the ear, which gradually increases in its intensity. Also, the child has a feeling of congestion and noise in the ear. At the initial stage, the general condition of the baby often suffers - the temperature rises, general weakness is observed. In the second stage of the disease, the previous symptoms subside slightly, but there are discharge from the ear - abundant, purulent in content, sometimes with impurities of blood. The last stage is associated with a cure for otitis - all the symptoms go away, the excretion of pus stops;
Doctor's note: the purulent otitis media of the middle ear can flow in a mild form or in a severe form, complicated by a rapid flow and causing an active reaction from the body. Sometimes the disease is accompanied by a constant presence of high fever, severe headaches, dizziness and vomiting.
- the catarrhal type of the disease is characterized by a decrease in acuity, severe shooting pains, fever and nausea;
- the last form of otitis media is exudative. For her, the following symptoms are typical: shortness of breath through the nose, deterioration of hearing, gurgling sounds in the ears. Disease is characterized by fluid accumulation in the middle ear, which causes such symptoms.
Internal otitis is rare in children. For this form of the disease, there are strong noisy sounds in the ears, nausea, dizziness, vomiting, a disturbed sense of balance and a significant decrease in hearing acuity. The severity of the disease determines the methods of treatment that will be offered by the doctor - medication or surgical intervention.
Osteitis in acute form is accompanied by an increase in temperature and increased intensity of pain. Chronic otitis is described as a prolonged inflammatory process in one of the ear sections, which either takes place constantly, or at times subsides. Very often the chronic form becomes a consequence of a disease in an acute course, in which the child was not given proper medical care.
Features of detection of the disease in toddlers
A common symptom of all forms of otitis can be called pain in the ear. If an older child can point out the pain that has arisen, the baby can not do this - this is the main difficulty in diagnosing the disease in toddlers. Parents can guess the problem by observing the behavior of their child.
So, if the toddler is restless, often crying, rubbing his ears or actively rubbing his head, then, most likely, he develops otitis. Identification of the disease in the baby can also be on other specific symptoms:
- the baby refuses to take the breast;
- the child very badly sleeps, cries more often, than usually;
- temperature increase;
- fluid is released from the ear.
There is an easy way to check the baby for inflammation in the ear - lightly press your finger on the tragus of the ear. When otitis such gesture usually causes some strengthening of pain, so that the baby can cry more and pull the handles to the ear.
Video about the causes and signs of pediatric otitis
http: //www.youtube.com/ watch? V = MBtv_UtXHGs