The reasons why there are headaches are several, and they are not always related to the general state of health. Often the causes of severe headaches are overexertion, the desire to do a few days at a time and even just a bad mood. To eliminate the ailment, for the beginning it is recommended to try folk remedies for the treatment of headaches, and only then to resort to the help of medicines.
What are the types of headaches
Worldwide, millions of people suffer from a headache that ranges from a mild attack to unbearable pain, usually caused by increased intracranial pressure.
Many people ask themselves - why do headaches occur in absolutely healthy people? This can occur due to changes in weather or overwork. Often such pains quickly pass without the need for taking medication or after taking pain medication. Others have long and hard to treat.
The most frequent type of headaches is the so-called tension headaches. They arise in practically healthy people. The cause of such headaches may be a mental overstrain that results from acute or chronic stress. Also, the cause of frequent headaches can be long and hard work with papers, long work on the computer. In children and adolescents, headaches can occur during examinations or after several lessons at school. Also, the tension headache can be triggered by cold wind, hunger, lack of water.
What are the headaches and their characteristics:
- Light or medium-weight - well tolerated and does not interfere with the performance of daily work.
- A headache attack lasts from 30 minutes to 7 days.
- Headaches are usually located on both sides( pressing pain in the temples), in the forehead area with transition to the head and back of the head( headache such as "compressing hoop", "hood" "helmet").
- Headache usually constant, not pulsating.
- Against the background of a headache, there is no nausea or vomiting, but there is rarely a sensitivity to noise or bright light.
Migraine is another type of headache associated with impaired blood flow to the brain. These are very characteristic pains: strong, pulsating, localized in one of the halves of the head. It is also possible the appearance of nausea, vomiting, light and phobia. Sometimes the headache is preceded by a short period of precursors, called aura. There are visual impairments( shroud, "flies" before the eyes, bright splashes), violations of smell, hearing, speech, coordination of movements. Manifestations of headaches depend on which parts of the brain suffer more from circulatory imbalance. These attacks periodically recur and last from several hours to 3 days. They can appear as a reaction to certain types of food( individual for each person), or the intake of alcohol, or certain smells, as well as abrupt changes in weather, physical overstrain, insomnia, phases of the menstrual cycle.
Why frequent headaches arise
The most particular reasons why frequent headaches occur in people that psychologists combine in "psychological type A":
- often does many things at once;
- urges others, asks to finish the thought as soon as possible;
- is very annoyed at moments of waiting;
- can not sit doing nothing;
- speaks very aggressively, can use curses, even obscene;
- aims to win, even if playing with children;
- is impatient, watching how others carry out his task.
Reasons why severe headaches occur in people of other psychological types:
- Any viral or bacterial infections can begin with a headache. The head hurts with genyantritis, frontitis, sinusitis, as well as inflammation of the nerves of the teeth( especially in the upper jaw).
- Headache can cause oral contraceptives, nitroglycerin, caffeine.
- Headache develops with poisoning with alcohol, benzene, carbon monoxide, insecticides, lead.
- Headaches can be the first sign of the development of myopia, age-long farsightedness and increased intraocular pressure.
- Headaches often occur with osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, usually in one half of the head in the cervico-occipital region and extend to the temporo-ophthalmic region. Pain may appear after sleep in an uncomfortable position, unusual physical activity, being in a draft. It is accompanied by restrictions of movements in the cervical spine, stiffness in the muscles of the neck and back, a significant decrease in the volume of arbitrary movements in them. Folk treatment of cervical osteochondrosis, as well as classical methods, is aimed at removing the pain syndrome and stopping the destructive processes in the cartilage of the neck.
Having identified the causes of headaches, it is better to start treatment with folk methods.
Traditional medicine: methods of treating headaches
Folk medicine for the treatment of headaches is recommended to take herbs and medicinal fees:
- 1/2 tbsp.spoon of peppermint grass pour 1 cup of hot boiled water, cover and warm in a water bath, stirring constantly, 15 minutes. Cool at room temperature for 45 minutes. Strain and add boiled water to the volume of 1 cup. Take in warm form 2 / 2-1 / 3 cup 1-3 times a day for 15 minutes before meals. The infusion should be stored in a cool place for no more than 2 days.
- 2 teaspoons of grass lumbago open( sleep-grass, snowdrop), insist for a day in 1 cup of boiled water. Drink the whole portion of the infusion in a cold form throughout the day.
- Another popular way to treat headaches: 1 tbsp. Spoon the flowers of elderberry herbaceous pour 1 cup boiling water, insist 30 minutes and strain. Take 50 ml with honey 3-4 times a day for 15 minutes before meals.
- 1 tbsp.spoon sheet of watch three-leaved pour 1 cup boiling water, insist 2 h, strain. Take 1/2 cup 2 times a day for 30 minutes before meals.
- 2 tbsp. Spoon the calyx bark pour 2 cups of boiling water, heat on a water bath for 30 minutes, insist 15 minutes, drain. Take 1 tbsp.spoon 3-4 times a day for seizures.
- 2 g fresh rhizomes of the claw of European pour 1 cup of cooled boiled water, insist 3 hours, strain. Take 1 tbsp.spoon 2 times a day for an attack.
Effective folk methods for the treatment of headache
Here are proposed effective folk methods for treating headaches that occur with low blood pressure in the premenstrual and menstrual periods.
With migraine flowing with low blood pressure:
Take 1 part of the blackberry leaf, alder grass, tansy flowers, motherwort leaves, chamomile flowers, cassava grass. Insist and take 1/2 cup 3-4 times a day.
In the premenstrual and menstrual periods:
Take 2 parts of the raspberry fruit, the leaf of the mother-and-stepmother, 1 part of the herb of the oregano and the lime flowers of the heart-shaped. Take in the form of infusion of 1 glass in the morning and evening.
Folk methods of treating a headache during the presage of a migraine attack:
- Take on 2 parts of lime flowers of heart-shaped and raspberry ordinary, 1 part of rhizome with roots of valerian officinalis, grass of mistletoe white, grass of horsetail field. Take in the form of infusion of 1/2 cup 3 times daily before meals in a warm form.
- Take 1 part of the rhizome with the roots of valerian officinalis, the root of elecampane high, the bark of the alder, the grass of the mistletoe, the grass of the kidney tea, the bearberry leaf. Take in the form of infusion of 1/2 glasses 4 times a day in a warm form.
- Take 3 parts of sage medicinal leaves, 2 parts of herb wormwood, 1 part of rhizome with roots of valerian officinalis and horsetail grass. Take in the form of infusion of 1/2 cup 3-4 times a day.