One of the most frequent background conditions of the body, which burdens the course of all pathological processes, is reduced hemoglobin. Its occurrence as the main sign of anemia of various origin is extremely high, especially among female individuals. Therefore, it is quite natural to consider the question of how to raise hemoglobin in the blood, which practically everyone is interested in. A description of the main ways to achieve this goal are given in the framework of this article.
What is important to know
Reduced blood hemoglobin is not a harmless condition. Therefore, its detection is the reason for more detailed diagnosis and the determination of the exact cause. It is inadmissible to deal with this problem independently, since such thoughtlessness can lead to great trouble.
This importance of anemia is that many of the diseases, both blood systems and internal organs, can become its culprits. If you deal only with the treatment of anemia without considering the cause of its occurrence, this will inevitably result in the progression of the underlying disease. You can not allow this in any case! Only a differentiated approach, taking into account the severity of anemia, its origin and the general condition of the patient, will help to cope with the problem in a short time, with maximum efficiency and without harm to the body.
The very first step, which really helps to increase hemoglobin, is the use of preparations containing iron ions in their composition. This microelement acts as one of the main components of hemoglobin. Regardless of the origin of anemia, entering the body, iron ions will help speed up the process of its synthesis. Most of these drugs will be effective in reducing hemoglobin due to iron deficiency anemia and lack of iron in the body. Define the deficit is possible by conducting a biochemical study of blood at the level of serum iron. A criterion for this kind of condition is considered to be a decrease in its level of less than 8 μmol / l. But even if the results of the test are in accordance with the norm, iron preparations will have a positive effect, increasing hemoglobin at:
- Chronic anemias of iron deficiency;
- Anemia on the background of poor nutrition;
- Reduction of hemoglobin against a background of profuse menstruation;
- Chronic liver and kidney disease, accompanied by a drop in hemoglobin;
- Oncological pathology with severe anemia;
- Recovery period after any bleeding and blood loss;
- External and intoxication on the background of long-term current diseases;
- Disturbance of digestion processes.
Species and representatives of
All iron preparations, in addition to its ions, must contain ascorbic acid, which assists in their better assimilation. Practically all modern facilities of this group comply with this requirement. Regarding the choice of the method of administration of iron-containing preparations, it is worth noting the presence of two types of dosage forms: injectable and oral. The first is intended for intramuscular administration in cases where hemoglobin is greatly reduced and a faster therapeutic effect is needed. The second - the reception of tablets and solutions for internal reception. The most popular iron preparations that can affect the level of hemoglobin are:
Dosage forms of iron preparations should be selected taking into account the degree of reduction of hemoglobin
In complex recovery of such indicators as hemoglobin level, vitamin preparations must necessarily be involved. This is especially true in those cases of the disease, when it comes to anemia, arising on the background of their lack in the body. These include:
- Disturbance of digestion and absorption of nutrients from the stomach and intestines;
- Deficiency of vitamin B12 and folic acid in megaloblastic anemia;
- Depletion of the body against a background of chronic pathology and associated low hemoglobin;
- Vitamin C deficiency;
- Decreased hemoglobin as a result of acute and chronic blood loss.
To increase hemoglobin will help, as individual vitamins, and multivitamin complexes. The latest drugs are prescribed with a slight decrease in hemoglobin, even as the only means to increase it. It is advisable to prescribe individual vitamins in case of a pronounced decrease in the indices, when this shortage needs to be quickly coped. Of the main vitamin drugs that can increase hemoglobin, you can note:
- Vitamin B12.Its chemical name is cyanocobalamin. It is prescribed in the form of intramuscular injections, since it is only available in such a dosage form. Participates in the process of hemoglobin and erythrocyte synthesis;
- Folic acid. Tablets are always prescribed only in combination with cyanocobalamin, since it acts together with it, participating in the synthesis of red blood cells;Complexes of vitamins of group B( B1, B6, B12).Produced in tablet and injection forms. Typical representatives are milgam, neurobex, neurobion;
- Ascorbic acid( vitamin C).It is prescribed in high doses in the form of tablets or injections. Participates in the assimilation of iron in the intestines from food or medications;
- Multivitamin complexes: biovital, duovit, vitrum and others.
Erythropoietins and blood products
Which fruits raise sugar in the blood?
There are situations in which it is necessary to increase the hemoglobin content as quickly as possible due to the immediate threat to the life of the patient. It's about bleeding with massive blood loss, in which hemoglobin decreases to critical figures on the face with the death of the body. In such cases, only the transfusion of donor red blood cells can help. Only they can raise the level of hemoglobin to restore the vital functions of all organs. The procedure of blood transfusion is very important and should be carried out only in a hospital. Indications for it can be hemoglobin below 60 g / l for acute and chronic diseases. People with chronic anemia at a level that is characterized by a prolonged course of blood transfusion may not be carried out unless attempts are made to raise hemoglobin in other ways.
- Erythrocyte mass;
- Washed red blood cells.
If possible, preference should be given to the second type of blood products, as they less often cause complications and pathological reactions of the body to blood transfusion.
One of the most powerful drugs for increasing hemoglobin of the blood are the products containing erythropoietin. This substance belongs to the natural strong stimulants of hematopoiesis, especially the bone marrow synthesis of erythrocytes. Since erythrocytes are the main hemoglobin concentrator, affecting their level, an increase in hemoglobin level is also achieved. Erythropoietins are rightly classified as heavy artillery in the treatment of anemia, since they are used only when all other methods of treatment, including blood transfusion, are not effective. Accordingly, the cost of these drugs is very high. The main representatives of erythropoietins:
Blood products - the only option for saving a patient's life with a critical reduction in hemoglobin
Treatment of anemia by any of the methods must necessarily be intertwined with appropriate nutrition and folk remedies that will allow to maintain hemoglobin at the proper level after its normalization. The correct diet regime presupposes the enrichment of the diet:
- Meat products: beef, pork, beef liver;
- Fish products: sea fish, salmon caviar and sea fish, cod liver, seafood;
- Vegetables, fruits and berries: spinach, pomegranates, prunes, peaches, apples, plums, baked potatoes, nuts, raspberries, currants, cranberries, beets, carrots, strawberries;
- Cereals and flour products: bran and bakery products based on them, buckwheat groats, gherkins porridge, pearl barley;
- Different products: brewer's yeast, egg yolk, cocoa.
Proper nutrition with low hemoglobin figures suggests not only enriching the diet with a set of listed foods, but also adherence to all the principles of healthy nutrition, including cooking technology and the features of their reception. It is best to eat boiled and braised meat dishes that are not brought to full readiness. Vegetables and fruits must be moist or semi-salty. The multiplicity of daily intake of food is 4-5 times.
Proper nutrition - a good way to maintain hemoglobin
Correction of lifestyle
Persons who have low hemoglobin, must necessarily be corrected lifestyle. It assumes:
- Exclusion of bad habits;
- Elimination of contact with toxic substances at work and at home;
- Minimizing the use of medicines;
- Dosed physical activity and sport. This component of the lifestyle should be given the highest value, because properly selected physical activity stimulates the processes of hematopoiesis in connection with the increase in the requirements of tissues in oxygen during the performance of muscle contractions.
Correct and differentiated approach with inclusion of all possible methods of correction of low hemoglobin will help to effectively cope with this problem regardless of the cause of its occurrence.