Stomatitis is an infectious disease that affects the oral mucosa, skin, internal organs in children and adults. The disease does not appear just like that and has a number of concomitant factors. To help medical treatment come folk medicine with a large baggage of recipes. But not all means are without contraindications, and some of them can even do harm and provoke the transition of the disease into a chronic form.
- 1 Stomatitis is different
- 2 Is it possible to cure only folk remedies
- 2.1 Video: the opinion of doctors about some folk ways of treating stomatitis
- 3 Recipes for adults
- 4 Recipes for children
- 4.1 Video: how to treat stomatitis in a child
- 5 How to help babies
Stomatitisthere are different
There are a number of types of stomatitis depending on the causative agent of the disease. Most often there are aphthous, herpes and candida stomatitis.
|View stomatitis||Candida||aphthous||Herpes( herpes)|
|Location defeat|| || || |
|Aslooks||plaque on the mucous membrane of white, which subsequently forms a white film||painful aphthae-ulcers, surrounded by a bright red rim||the mucosa of the oral cavityo-red, edematous, with rashes in the form of small bubbles|
|Who is exposed to|| || || |
|Developmental factors|| || || |
Is it possible to cureonly folk remedies
Carrying out treatment at home is not the most effective method of fighting this disease. It is necessary to consult an experienced dentist for the correct diagnosis and the appointment of appropriate therapy.
Different types of stomatitis are treated with completely different drugs.
It is possible to reduce inflammation and prevent the further development of pathogenic flora in the home. Folk remedies do not prevent, but only shorten the duration of treatment. Consult with your doctor, he will tell you which recipes are safe and effective.
Video: the opinion of doctors about some folk ways of treating stomatitis
Caution !The use of alcohol-containing antiseptics, such as green and iodine, methylene blue( blue), and products that cause burning in the mouth, for example, garlic and onions, according to doctors, not only will not improve, but most likely aggravate the situation and complicate the course of the disease.
Recipes for adults
- Aloe removes inflammation and strengthens local immunity. It is enough simply to chew the leaf in the mouth for a few minutes or add the aloe juice to the rinse solution. A similar action has a Kalanchoe.
- Carrot or cabbage juice, diluted in half with water, is popular in folk medicine for mouthwashes with mouth and throat diseases. Remember that juices can cause irritation to the mucosa or allergies. To replenish the vitamin reserve of the body, it is worth including in the diet of the patient foods rich in vitamins .
- To reduce inflammation and unpleasant sensations, the raw peeled potatoes should be rubbed on the grater, applied to the affected areas for 7 minutes twice a day. The duration of treatment is at least 5-7 days.
- The propolis tincture has excellent anti-inflammatory properties. A competent dentist will tell you how to apply this strong remedy without harm to the body. Usually, rinses are carried out - 1 teaspoon of spirituous tincture of propolis per half a cup of water.
- Protein of chicken eggs diluted in half a glass of water, stir. The solution should be kept in your mouth for half an hour, periodically repeated. Before using, evaluate two nuances: first, a raw egg can become a source of infection, and secondly, cause an allergic reaction. This folk prescription has a safe medical analogue - tablets for resorption of Lizobakt.
- To create a protective film on the oral mucosa, you can buy in the pharmacy alum burnt, dilute the powder in boiled water to the consistency of thick sour cream and process wounds.
- Infusion or decoction of herbs is great for mouthwash for all types of stomatitis. Two teaspoons of dry raw material pour 3 cups of boiling water, let it infuse in the thermos for about 2 hours. Apply about 10 days. You can choose one of the following components:
- St. John's wort,
- oak bark,
- pomegranate cakes,
- leaves and currant berries,
- blackberry leaves,
The mucosa of the mouth during the healing of ulcers should be treated with sea buckthorn oil or rosehip oil for rapid wound healing and tissue regeneration.
Recipes for children
Stomatitis in children is often accompanied by general malaise, fever, refusal to eat. To overload the body and force to eat another spoon is not worth it, but abundant drinking is necessary.
Doctors do not advise to treat stomatitis honey, because honey is a nutrient medium for pathogenic flora will promote its further reproduction in the oral cavity.
Traditional medicine advises using mouthwashes after each meal to disinfect the affected oral cavity and reduce inflammation. Rinse water can be added:
- aloe juice;
- strong unsweetened tea;
- infusion of chamomile, calendula, and other herbs mentioned above, but only after checking for an allergic reaction.
The use of propolis in children is also possible, but should be done under strict medical supervision!
With herpes stomatitis, it is possible to treat the oral mucosa with rose hips oil or sea buckthorn oil from one to four times a day.
If stomatitis is fungal, affected areas should be treated with cotton wool soaked in a 2% solution of drinking( bread) soda.
The main condition for a speedy recovery is regular and proper oral hygiene.
Video: how to treat a stomatitis in a child
How to help a baby
When a stomatitis occurs in a baby, one should adhere to several rules:
- Rinse several times a day all that the baby pulls into the mouth: nipples, toys, a bottle.
- Do not use the feeding bottle without boiling.
- To breastfeed for strengthening of its immunity, very valuable for the baby antibodies and immunity are transferred with milk.
At the first symptoms of an ailment, the baby must be shown to the doctor.
To treat ulcers 3-4 times a day with:
- solution of drinking soda( one teaspoon per glass of water);
- this herbal medicine( a teaspoon of chamomile flowers or herbs alternate with a glass of boiling water, insist in a thermos for two hours);
- sea buckthorn oil, it not only removes inflammation, but also provides antimicrobial treatment and repair damaged tissue.
In addition to medicinal properties, sea buckthorn oil has a general strengthening effect on immunity, improves the functioning of the heart, liver and kidneys.
Drugs for the treatment of infants should be harmless and not cause allergies. Before using vegetative products such as herbs or oils, consult a pediatrician, or rather with an allergist, because only an expert can assess the risk of an adverse reaction and give the necessary instructions for the use of a prescription.
In the treatment of stomatitis in adults and children, the use of folk recipes supplements the main drug therapy, and does not replace it. How and how exactly to treat affected areas of the mucosa should determine the doctor, otherwise it can only aggravate the patient's condition. Compliance with simple rules of oral hygiene, strengthening immunity, increasing the body's resistance to infections - these are the most reliable methods to prevent stomatitis from recurring. It is important to remember that it is much easier to prevent a disease than to fight it.