- Who is at risk?
- How can I strengthen the leg vessels?
Who is at risk?
The likelihood of developing varicose veins is higher:
- in women;
- if the parents are suffering from varicose veins;
- if you have to stand or sit for a long time;
- in people with excess weight;
- with a sedentary lifestyle;
- if you often have to strain at difficult physical work, as well as with chronic constipation or chronic cough;
- with genetically determined weakness of the vascular walls and defects in the valvular apparatus.
How can I strengthen the leg vessels?
Vascular strengthening is a long-term process, most likely for life, especially if there are prerequisites for the development of chronic venous insufficiency, which is manifested by varicose veins, post-thrombotic disease, traumatic and congenital anomalies of veins.
The most comprehensive approach, including the use of traditional medicine, medications, diet, exercise.
For the strengthening of the walls of veins, there are many drugs, both external and for oral administration. These remedies can not cure of varicose veins, but they slow the progression of the disease and relieve unpleasant symptoms. Venotonics strengthen and tonify the venous walls, relieve swelling, eliminate the severity, pain in the legs and night cramps. Usually they are prescribed together with anticoagulants( cardiomagnesium, aspirin), which dilute the blood and prevent the formation of blood clots.
Of venotonics, such drugs are especially popular:
- Detralex. Produced in the form of tablets. The active substance is diosmin. Increases the elasticity of blood vessels, reduces their extensibility, prevents the stagnation of blood, lowers the permeability of blood vessels.
- "Flebodia 600".Produced in the form of tablets. The active substance is diosmin. The drug eliminates the burning sensation and heaviness in the legs. Strengthens venous walls, improves blood circulation, exerts a tonic effect on blood vessels.
Gels and ointments are used from external agents:
- Lyoton 1000,
- heparin ointment,
Lyoton - one of the most popular means for the normalization of the tonus of the vascular wall
External remedies relieve swelling, pain and heaviness in the legs. They improve the venous circulation, reduce the permeability of cells, have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, strengthen the vascular walls, and have an antithrombotic effect.
Strengthen the veins will help folk remedies that have been used since ancient times:
- Contrasting baths. Prepare two containers - one with a cold, the other with warm water. In the cold water, add lemon juice or menthol oil. Immerse your legs to the middle of the shin alternately in cold water and warm. Doing daily. Do not forget that the vessels love the cold, so taking a hot bath is not recommended, it is useful to do dousing of the feet with cool water.
- If there are already signs of varicose veins, you can wipe the affected area with a napkin moistened with medicinal infusion. To make it you need to take a tablespoon of dry herbs calendula and chamomile, pour a glass of boiling water, let it brew, strain and warm. You can pour such infusion in the tub and put your legs there. As the cooling cools, add warm water.
- Within a month, wipe places with bulging veins with apple cider vinegar. It is recommended to carry out the procedure 1-3 times a day.
- Helps to strengthen the vessels of the legs with alcoholic tincture of Kalanchoe. For the preparation, fresh leaves of the plant( half-liter pot) and alcohol are required. Leaves to exfoliate, put in a liter jar, pour to the top with alcohol and leave for 10 days in a dark place. When infused, wipe the sore spots. Do this in the evening every day. Treatment lasts 5 months.
- Garlic with oil. Grind two large heads and mix properly with butter. Take garlic only with a white peel. On 1 part of garlic will need 2 parts of butter. Apply the mixture at night to the sore spots. Top with cellophane film, bandage and wrap it with a handkerchief or scarf. In the morning, rinse with soap and water.
- Yarrow broth. Pour the crushed grass with boiling water( on a part of the grass - ten parts of water), insist until cooling, then drink a third cup three times a day. Chestnut horse. Tincture of chestnut relieves swelling and reduces swelling of the veins. Pour alcohol( 0.5 L) inflorescence of the plant( 50 g).Close tightly and keep in the dark for ten days. Take ready and strained tincture three times a day for one tablespoon. Treatment schedule: a week to drink, then a week to take a break.
- An excellent tool for the prevention of varicose veins - ice cubes, prepared from decoction of herbs. Wipe your feet with ice cubes daily after working day.
Food should be directed to strengthen the walls of blood vessels. For this, it is necessary to ensure that all the necessary vitamins enter the body. The most important are:
- Ascorbic acid( vitamin C).With varicose veins, the veins lose their elasticity and are prone to stretching. This is due to the destruction of collagen. Vitamin C takes part in its synthesis. Per day, the body should receive 2.5 mg per kilogram of body weight. Especially rich in ascorbic acid citrus, dog rose, black currant.
- Vitamin E. It has antioxidant properties, prevents thrombus formation. The main source of vitamin E is vegetable oil.
- Vitamin P. For prevention of varicose veins and strengthening of the vessels of the legs, it is necessary to include in the menu products containing flavonoids - bioactive substances that increase the tone of the venous walls, normalize their structure and functions, and prevent the formation of blood clots. Vitamin P is found in greenery, red pepper, green tea, citrus, cherry, cherry, grapes.
Contrast foot baths - an effective tool for strengthening the vascular walls
In addition to vitamins, the body needs micronutrients such as potassium, copper, magnesium, zinc, manganese. They can be obtained from vegetables and fruits, as well as from nuts, cereals, beef liver, seafood. As a heat treatment should be selected stewing, baking, cooking. It is necessary to refuse coffee or to limit its use, not to drink alcoholic beverages, spicy or smoked food. It is important to reduce the intake of salt, which delays the body's fluid. Instead of milk, it is better to drink kefir, yogurt, and fermented baked milk. From drinks to prefer simple water, green tea, natural juices, fruit drinks, compotes.
Statics is contraindicated in vessels, they like dynamics. In the absence of movement, the blood begins to stagnate in the veins. Moderate physical activity has the most beneficial effect on the vessels of the lower limbs. Especially useful is swimming, walking, easy running not for long distances, cycling, exercises for shins. Such exercises strengthen the calf muscles, which helps improve blood flow. If there are already signs of varicose veins, the program should be discussed with the attending physician.
To remove edema and strengthen the calf muscle, the following exercises are useful:
- leg bending in the ankles, while you need to pull the socks first to yourself, then from yourself;
- rotation of the feet in different directions;
- lifts to the toes from standing position with simultaneous lifting of hands up, while pulling your hands as high as possible, stay in this position for ten seconds;
- alternately walk on toes, then on the heels( about 5 minutes);
- to rise on socks and to fall on heels from standing position, thus it is necessary to lean against a wall hands;
- sitting in a chair with a straight back and lowered hands to tear off the heels from the floor, then lower( alternately first with the right foot, then left, then both together);
- lying on his back, connect his legs together and pull the socks on himself, then away from himself with maximum strain of his legs.
Varicose veins are an irreversible process, so it is important to strengthen the vessels on their legs in advance to stop the progression of the disease. To begin to do it it is necessary as soon as possible, at the very first signs of the disease, and when you are in the risk group even in the absence of them, than later lie under the surgeon's knife. Prevention helps if not prevent, then delay the development of varicose veins and its complications, as well as eliminate symptoms that reduce the quality of life.