Herniated spine( a herniated intervertebral disc) is the output of the nucleus of the vertebral disc as a result of rupture of fibrous ring fiber tissues. It can appear as a result of sharp and strong movements, when performing heavy physical exertion, while staying for a long time in one position.
The main symptom of the disease is pain irradiating to the buttock, thigh, either to the shoulder or arm( depending on the location of the hernia), limb numbness, blood pressure changes may also develop.
The main method of diagnosis of a herniated spine is MRI( magnetic resonance imaging).Treatment includes the use of anti-inflammatory drugs, exercise therapy, rest assurance. Sometimes surgical treatment may be required.
One of the methods of treatment of a spinal hernia can be inversion therapy using a special simulator - an inversion table, which is used as an orthopedic device for the treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
The inversion table is a special simulator used to treat the spinal pathology
. What is the essence of this method of treatment?
When using an inversion table, the patient is in the upside down position. At the same time, the spine stretches, the distance between the intervertebral discs increases.
What are the advantages of using an inversion table?
- Classes on this simulator help to get rid of pain, relax;
- the load is removed from the back;
- improves posture;
- by increasing the distance between the vertebrae, squeezing of the spinal nerves is eliminated;
- strengthened ligaments of the spine, muscles are trained;
- as a result of blood flow to the spine, its blood supply improves, more nutrients and oxygen enter the tissues;
- eliminates the curvature of the spine;
- relieve muscle spasms.
The inversion table is used for the prevention of varicose veins.
Diseases in which contraindications are contraindicated:
- ischemic heart disease,
- senile dementia( dementia resulting from brain damage),
- cerebral artery lesions,
- postoperative hernia.
Also classes on the inversion table are contraindicated for pregnant women.
In hypertension, occupations on the inversion table are contraindicated.
Rules for occupations
The inversion table is a table top with a tilt support modeling it, legs and handrails to hold the balance. The duration of training on the simulator is 10 minutes a day, with each lesson you need to gradually change the angle of inclination, starting from the position of a small inclination and gradually coming to the position upside down.
Exercises for a spinal hernia
In addition to hanging upside down on the inversion table, you can also perform such simple exercises:
- Turning upside down, try to pull up the buttocks and thighs. If this does not work, you can start gently bending your knees.
- Having fastened your legs, raise the upper part of the trunk by one third. In this case, the hands should be placed on the chest or under the head.
- Another effective exercise is squats. In the upside down position, your hands should be straightened and pressed to the sides. Then, bending the knees, try to pull the hands to the feet.
- With a spinal hernia, rotations on the inversion table are very useful. To perform the exercise you need to fix your legs, turn upside down. Then take one hand by the handrail and rotate the upper body 90 degrees, while leaving the hips and legs in the starting position. Repeat the exercise, turning the other way.
The exercises described help to ease the pain in the spine, to tone the weakened muscles of the lower limbs.
Evaluation of the effectiveness of
treatment Despite numerous positive reviews of patients, doctors are skeptical about this method of treating the intervertebral hernia. In the opinion of orthopedists, the use of the inversion table is only an auxiliary method of treatment that allows to remove symptoms, but does not eliminate the cause of the disease, is effective only in combination with other methods of treatment. In any case, do not self-medicate. Before starting workouts, consult a doctor.
- What is the essence of this method
- What are the advantages of using
- Rules of employment
- Exercises for hernia of the spine
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of treatment