Sweating is a physiological process necessary for the human body, responsible for heat exchange, maintaining a certain body temperature and releasing harmful toxic substances. Under normal conditions, sweat secretion does not cause any special discomfort, and it can be controlled with hygiene means - antiperspirants. But sometimes increased sweating can become a serious problem, and then the question arises, how to get rid of sweating underarms.
Excessive sweating in the armpits( in medical "axillary hyperhidrosis") is a condition of the body caused by hormonal imbalance, stress, neurological, oncological or endocrine diseases. An independent disease is not a hyperhidrosis of the armpits, but rather a symptom that indicates possible abnormalities in the work of organs and systems. But before you look for an answer to the question of how to get rid of sweating underarms, you need to know the exact cause of this phenomenon.
Table of contents:
- Reasons for sweating of armpits
- Treatment for sweating of armpits
- Folk remedies
- Modern preparations
- Prevention of axillary hyperhidrosis
Reasons for sweating of armpits
Reasons for sweating in underarms can be very many. First of all, you need to pay attention to food: excessive use of spicy foods, spices and spices, as well as alcohol abuse can provoke axillary hyperhidrosis. Hormonal changes that affect women during menopause and adolescents during puberty also cause increased sweating. However, most often it is caused by some diseases. Among them:
- Kidney diseases
- Diabetes mellitus
- Intracranial hypertension
- Neurological, endocrine and oncological diseases
Under normal conditions, the amount of sweat in a person is 400-600 ml per day, with most of it excreted in the axillaryhollow. At the same time, its evaporation is very difficult, which leads to an increase in the unpleasant odor caused by the process of multiplication of bacteria, the decomposition of urea contained in the sweat, and the release of ammonia. But in stressful situations, even in healthy people, sweating can increase.
Treatment of sweating of armpits
Treatment of axillary hyperhidrosis, which always begins with a full medical examination, can be carried out with the help of medicines and traditional medicine. Folk recipes are the safest, but their effectiveness can pleasantly surprise. Therefore, it is better to start with them.
To apply this or that national recipe from sweating of armpits it is possible only in the absence of allergic reaction to its components. The most effective may be:
- Contrast compresses. The procedure is recommended before bedtime, the course of treatment - 10 days. For the preparation of compresses, it is necessary to pour hot and cold water in 2 different capacities. Alternating wetting gauze wipes in hot and cold water, apply to the area of the armpits. The time for compresses is 10 minutes each, the number of alternations is not less than 4 minutes.
- Salt compresses. To conduct the procedure preferably at night, the course of treatment - 1 week. The solution for the compress is prepared very simply: 2 tbsp.l.of ordinary table salt dissolve in 200 ml of warm water. Wet gauze napkin in such a solution, apply to the area of the armpits and hold for 10 minutes. After application, rinse thoroughly with clean water.
In no case, when preparing a solution for compress use more salt, the skin in this area is very sensitive, and irritation may occur.
- Compresses with manganese. Preparation of a solution for such a compress is a very important task, since manganese can give chemical burns. Several crystals of potassium permanganate must be wrapped in a gauze and placed in 500 ml of warm water - a pale pink solution is obtained. Throwing potassium permanganate directly into the water is forbidden: if the crystals dissolve not completely and get together with the compress on the skin - the burn is assured!
Wet gauze wipes in solution, apply to the underarm area for 20 minutes. The procedure is carried out at night, the course of treatment is 2 weeks.
- Compresses from decoction of chamomile. This compress is recommended for use at night, the duration of the course is 2 weeks. To prepare the broth you need 2 tbsp.l.dry flowers of chamomile to brew in 200 ml of water, to insist and filter. Wet the napkins in the finished solution and apply to the underarm area for 15 minutes.
- Masks made of oak bark with honey. In a glass container, mix 2 tbsp.l.pharmacy cortex with 3 tbsp.l.of natural honey. Stir to a homogeneous consistency and apply the resulting mass to the cleansed skin of the armpit basin in the morning and at bedtime for 10 minutes. The full course of procedures lasts 2 weeks.
- Baths with decoction of needles. Brew 250 g.needles in 500 ml of water. Insist for an hour, then add the broth to the bath( the temperature of the water in the bath is not above 37 degrees).Take a bath every day for 20 minutes before bedtime. Needles not only reduce the secretion of sweat in the underarm area, but also help to relax.
- Taking sedatives. In a thermos, brew together or separately mint, St. John's wort, valerian, melissa and motherwort. Let it brew, drain and take, diluted with boiled water( 1: 1) to 1/3 of st.30 minutes before meals.
Treatment of hyperhidrosis will be ineffective if the true cause of this phenomenon is not established. Therefore, going to the doctor is the first step on the road to recovery. If the examination did not reveal the diseases that cause it, then the following tools will help get rid of sweating of the armpits:
Antipersperanty. The action of these hygiene products is aimed at reducing the amount of sweat secreted by clogging the sweat glands. A large number of these products are represented in cosmetics and perfumery stores, but there are also medical antiperspirants, which can only be purchased at pharmacies( for example, Odaban, Maxim, etc.).These drugs in their composition contain up to 15% of aluminum-chloride-hexahydrate, as well as compounds of aluminum and zinc, which is not always beneficial for health. Therefore, before you get rid of sweating armpits in this way, you need to discuss this with your doctor.
Application of antipersperant is done exclusively on washed and dry skin, and for a more effective struggle with sweating it is better to do this at night, and in the morning it should be washed off. In some cases, antipersperant can cause irritation of the skin, and with prolonged exposure to the sun, their use can cause skin pigmentation.
- Topical products. There are drugs that act as antiseptics and depress sweating. For example, "Formagel" or "Paste Teymurova" - have antiseptic and deodorizing effect;are applied to the previously cleaned and well-dried skin of the axillary cavity( if necessary and to other areas of the body) for 20 minutes 1 time in 10 days. The use of these drugs is possible only in consultation with the doctor.
- Ionophoresis. This procedure is widely applicable for the treatment of hyperhidrosis of the feet, palms and armpits. Provides for the introduction into the body of a special substance( water + drugs) under the influence of galvanic current. To achieve the therapeutic effect, it is sufficient to conduct 5-10 procedures. But in some cases ionophoresis is contraindicated - with epilepsy, pregnancy, the presence of any implants and neoplasms, so the sessions should be carried out only in medical centers under the supervision of a specialist.
Botox injections. This method of treating hyperhidrosis was discovered relatively recently - about ten years ago. Its essence lies in introducing into the region of the armpits through thin needles of Botox, due to what the activity of the sweat glands is suppressed. The disadvantages of the procedure include its fragility( no more than 6 months, after which the introduction of Botox must be done again), as well as some restrictions on lifestyle( taboo on sauna, physical activity and alcohol use).
- Surgical method. It is used only in the absence of a result after using all the above-mentioned methods to combat sweating of the armpits, and provides for the excision of sweat glands. The effectiveness of this method of treatment of axillary hyperhidrosis is high, but after that some side effects may occur, namely, increased sweating in other areas of the body.
Prevention of axillary hyperhidrosis
The disease is easier to prevent than to treat, so it will be advisable to talk about the prevention of excessive sweating, especially since it consists only of respecting the rules of personal hygiene and the competent maintenance of the water balance in the body. To prevent excessive sweating in the underarm area will help:
- Regular contrast shower, which should be taken 2 times a day. Alternation of cold and hot water has a beneficial effect on health, it controls sweating and strengthens the walls of blood vessels. It is important, after a shower not to wipe yourself with a towel, and let the body dry naturally.
- Timely hair removal in the armpit. This will prevent the growth of bacteria and the appearance of an unpleasant odor.
Restriction of the use of hot drinks( tea, coffee), raspberries and honey, which contribute to increased sweating. And in the spring-summer period it is necessary to completely limit the intake of liquid, since subsequently it will be actively excreted from the body through the sweat glands.
- Regular visit to the sauna or bath. Genus action of high temperatures from the body are all accumulated toxins.
- Balanced healthy diet and physical activity, as often excessive sweating is caused by excessive body weight.
- Competent reception of multivitamin complexes( only by prescription of a doctor!).
Get rid of the sweating of the armpits is quite real, the main thing is to approach this issue with all responsibility and not to neglect the help of doctors.