Angina is a whole group of heterogeneous diseases, characterized by damage to the lymphoid tissue of the pharynx and tonsils. Treatment of angina should be started immediately, once the diagnosis was made.
The causative agents of this acute disease are such microorganisms as streptococci, staphylococcus, pneumococcus, diplococci, and enteroviruses.
Causes and symptoms of sore throat
- 1 Causes and symptoms of sore throat
- 2 Treatment of sore throat
- 3 How to cure sore throat in children?
- 4 Consequences of sore throat
The causes of sore throat can be:
- Infectious infections;
- Local or general subcooling;
- A sudden change in temperature;
- Lack of sunlight;
- Long stay in a dusty or gassed area;
- High humidity;Low-quality and improper nutrition;
- Poor living conditions;
- Fatigue and stress.
All the factors listed above change the biocoenosis( microorganism composition) of the oral cavity and pharynx. As a result, the microflora of the tonsils becomes dangerous for the body and causes infection and subsequent inflammation.
Disease occurs suddenly. It is characterized by dry mouth, sore throat, fever to 38 ° C, chills, malaise and weakness, headaches, joint and muscle pain.
Lacunar tonsillitis: symptoms of
This type of sore throat is characterized by even deeper changes and is more severe than the form described above.
In adults, symptoms of such sore throats can be sore throat, malaise, headaches. The temperature rises to 39 ° C.Changes in the blood picture are more significant than with catarrhal angina.
Treatment of sore throat
- Today in pharmacies are sold various drugs for sucking - lozenges, tablets, lollipops, and also aerosols. They are also useful. But rinsing as the first treatment measure is even better. It is more effective, since the whole pathogenic microflora is not swallowed( as in the case of sucking), but is washed off and removed from the body.
- Before the visit to the doctor, you should start to gargle for the treatment of sore throat. Rinse need often - 5 or 6 times a day. Of course, can cure a sore throat for 1 day with rinses alone, you are unlikely to succeed, but the earlier you start the treatment, the easier it will be to cope with it.
- During this period of time - before going to the doctor and immediately after - shows a lot of drinking and bed rest.
Sometimes questions are asked about how can cure a sore throat without antibiotics .
Antibiotics are not always necessary for angina, because they do not act on viruses. Therefore, before treating the sore throat, you need to find out what it is caused by, a virus or bacteria.
In the bacteriological laboratory of the polyclinic, a sowing is done and only after the determination of the pathogen starts treatment with antibiotics if they are needed.
In a hospital with a diagnosis of "angina" is not sent, but also at work with him there is nothing to do. Therefore treats sore throat at home .The doctor appoints a home and even a bed rest. Let us consider in more detail home treatment for angina .What does it consist of?
- Showing a plentiful drink, the food should be warm and easily assimilated.
- recommends frequent rinsing with freshly prepared solutions, decoctions and infusions or pharmacy.
- You can use painkillers and antiseptic candies: "Sepptelet", "Strepsils" and others.
- At high temperatures( above 38.5), antipyretic agents are prescribed.
In general terms, this is all that prescribes for treating angina at home. Antibiotics for the treatment of angina, as mentioned above, are taken only as prescribed by the doctor.
14 days after the disease, and then another month later, it is necessary to take a blood and urine test. With high ESR it is desirable to again consult a therapist.
Be vigilant! If suddenly a patient with angina has a blockage, followed by excitement, pallor and cyanotic coloring of the skin, impaired consciousness, a sharp drop in body temperature, a decrease in the amount of urine - you need an urgent appeal to a specialist! All these signs are precursors of an infectious-toxic shock - a formidable complication of angina.
If you want to know how to cure a sore throat fast or even how to cure a sore throat for a day, we answer: immediately after the diagnosis it is necessary to start rinsing and strictly follow all the doctor's recommendations. Of course, it will not be possible to cope with this ailment in a single day, but the timely start of measures to combat the pathogen can significantly accelerate the process of recovery.
How to cure purulent sore throat?
- Anti-inflammatory therapy;
- Reception of antibacterial drugs;
- Vitamin Complexes;
- Antipyretics( if necessary).
How to cure angina in children?
Statistics say that six children out of a hundred must suffer angina at least once in their lives. Such an indicator can be considered high. Some parents, however, reassure themselves that the main cause of frequent respiratory diseases in children is the imperfection of their immune system. And they believe that with the age of illness will be less. In this, of course there is some truth, but still, angina is not an ordinary ARI.Angina is a serious disease requiring mandatory medical supervision.
Virtually no disease passes for the children's body without a trace. Therefore, thinking about how how to cure an angina in a child , you should not treat this process carelessly or negligently. If you can not save your baby from the disease, you should take as close to his treatment as possible. Moreover, the effects of angina can be extremely difficult.
Effects of angina
This insidious disease can cause damage to the lungs, heart, joints and other organs.
Especially responsibly you need to approach treatment if you have purulent angina. Symptoms of of this disease can give serious complications: abscesses, infectious endocarditis( with the outcome in the form of acquired heart disease), sepsis.
No less dangerous are the long-term consequences and complications of angina. These are myocarditis, glomerulonephritis( kidney damage), polyarthritis and rheumatism. The reason for these diseases is the high sensitivity of the patient's body to the products of the life of streptococci.