In a pregnant woman, burning is often observed behind the sternum or in the esophagus, mild / moderate nausea, increased salivation, sour unpleasant belch, bloating.
- A significant increase in the size of the uterus provokes pressure on the intestines, diaphragm and stomach, as a result of which part of the contents of the stomach is thrown into the esophagus.
- Changes in the acidity of the contents of the stomach towards its increase.
- The change in the hormonal background during pregnancy provokes a slowdown in muscle contractions - digestion and splitting of the consumed products under this inhibition factor occurs longer than usual, which causes a functional disorder.
- High intra-abdominal pressure, together with a high concentration of progesterone, relaxing the smooth muscles, negatively affects the work of the esophageal sphincter, and it misses part of the contents of the stomach.
Heartburn in the early stages of
A fundamental factor in heartburn in early pregnancy is the change in the hormonal background, in general, and an increase in the concentration of progesterone in particular. It is this female hormone that is actively developed first in the ovulation phase, and after conception its level is constantly increasing. Its main purpose is to stop the menstrual cycle, induce the survival of the egg in the uterus, stimulate the growth of the uterus and the overall development of tissue synthesis.
One of the direct actions of the "pregnancy hormone" is the relaxation of smooth muscles and the slowing of its contractions, which protects the embryo from miscarriage. At the same time, the sphincter is also relaxed - a kind of "valve" between the stomach and esophagus, which begins to involuntarily pass the contents of the first into the second. The aggravation of the situation is aggravation of digestion / cleavage, caused by insufficient production of enzymes, which in turn are inhibited by a sharp jump in the total hormonal background. The totality of the above-mentioned processes adversely affects the female body, experiencing heartburn and often toxicosis in the first trimester of pregnancy.
Heartburn in later terms
In late pregnancy, the body of the fair sex completely adapts to the dynamic change in the hormonal background and a constant increase in the level of progesterone. However, at the end of the middle period of pregnancy and the onset of late pregnancy, heartburn occurs again.
Now, its cause is the enlarged uterus, which grows with the fruit, presses on neighboring organs and at the same time not only slows down the process of digesting food, but also compresses the diaphragm, as a result of which gastric juice enters the esophagus.
Severe heartburn during pregnancy
In some cases, heartburn during pregnancy is so strong that it significantly worsens the quality of life of the fair sex. In this situation, it is not enough to buy OTC drugs - you need to contact a gastroenterologist for additional advice.
Usually, to a drug course, a specialist prescribes an appropriate diet, eliminating spicy, fatty and sugary foods, as well as carbonated drinks. In addition, general recommendations are given, such as the rejection of tight, belly-squeezing clothes, the correct posture during sleep, etc.
How to get rid of heartburn during pregnancy
You can get rid of heartburn during pregnancy in several ways. First of all, you need to change your lifestyle, try to move more( naturally, within reason), and also adhere to a certain diet that excludes the use of "heavy" foods and substances that somehow stimulate the secretion of gastric juice, and help relax the sphincter. It is desirable to completely exclude from the diet all fatty, muffin, hot and alcoholic drinks, chocolate, pickles, the most "harsh" citrus, to quit smoking. To eat it is necessary in small, small portions.
Tablets and medications
Taking medications to suppress heartburn is primarily aimed at neutralizing unpleasant symptoms.
- Antacids / gastroprotectors. Most often appointed Rennie, Gaviscon, Ranitidine.
- Alginates. Assign Alginic acid. Inhibitors of the proton pump. Omeprazole, Rabeprozol.
Folk methods help a person fight heartburn for hundreds of years. From the most effective means it is possible to note:
- Regular milk reception. If you are not allergic to milk or individual lactose intolerance, then drink it half a cup five to six times a day, adding a few drops of fennel oil to the liquid.
- The egg shell, previously removed from the hard-boiled egg, has a favorable effect. Grind it in a blender and take ½ teaspoon several times a day for 5-10 days - the symptomatology of heartburn should loosen or disappear altogether.
- For the prevention of heartburn, poorly certified chamomile-ginger tea is suitable. Brew 1 teaspoon of the mixture on a glass and drink 150 grams of broth once a day for two weeks.
- Reduce heartburn with fresh potato juice - 2 tablespoons 3 times a day, as well as jelly( 2 glasses per day).
- 30 grams of heather or 20 grams of gold acres brew in ½ liter of water, boil five minutes, then let it brew for 6 hours. A filtered decoction is taken one at a time.spoon four times a day.
- Drink one glass of Borjomi on an empty stomach - the symptoms of heartburn will last for several hours.
- A number of pregnant women help to overcome the heartburn caused by the eradicated carrot - grind 2 fruits on a grater and chew until the symptomatology disappears.
- Mix together five drops of neroli oil, a teaspoon of grape seed extract and a drop of orange / lemon aether. Rub the resulting mixture into the chest a few drops twice a day, in the morning and in the evening.
Any folk remedies described above can only be used after a preliminary consultation with a gastroenterologist and your doctor!
Soda for heartburn during pregnancy
One of the most popular and cheap in the people means, which helps with heartburn, can be considered soda - it has been used for more than one hundred years. Baking soda immediately after taking it very quickly relieves the pregnant woman from stomach pain and negative symptoms, but when it comes to suction antacids, it has a number of side effects.
- The period of validity is too short. Most patients complain that after one or two hours, the symptomatology of heartburn manifests itself again.
- Violation of acid-base balance. Regular intake of soda disrupts the acid-base balance of the stomach and can lead to irritations, and if there are problems with the gastrointestinal tract( gastritis, ulcer) - significantly worsen the patient's condition.
- Carbon dioxide production. In the chemical decomposition of soda and its dissolution in the stomach, carbon dioxide is formed, which itself induces the secretion of gastric juice, which in turn accelerates the re-emergence of symptoms of heartburn.
Heartburn during pregnancy