Wrist: How to do it?
Swelling of the hands can be observed in a person at any age, and even in children. The cause of this may be minor disorders in the body, for example, compression of the superior vena cava, or serious pathological processes requiring immediate treatment.
Possible causes of
Most often, a strong swelling of the hand in the brush can be observed in the morning. The reason for this is a large intake of any liquid before bed( tea, water, alcohol, etc.).However, in this case, the edema subsides a couple of hours after awakening.
If there is a "permanent symptom" of swollen hands that does not go away for several days or weeks, then it already indicates the presence of serious diseases. In addition, this syndrome can be a sign of a complication of an already existing chronic disease, for example, the cardiovascular system.
The swelling of the hands can be observed not only as a result of the development of some diseases, but also as a result of the influence of certain factors. Among them you can note:
- Brush bruise. In this case, swelling is a natural reaction of the body. To eliminate it, simply apply a cold compress to the site of the bruise.
- Allergic reaction. Any cosmetic and household products, for example, powder, a new hand cream, etc., can provoke its appearance. To eliminate edema, you must first determine what caused the allergic reaction. The swelling of the hands will subside 24-48 hours after the removal of the allergen.
- Food allergic reaction. Its development is provoked by various exotic fruits and dishes. Do you remember if you had something "new" the day before you had swelling? Perhaps this is what caused the swelling of the brushes.
- Clogging of vessels. It is observed most often in the elderly and those who eat a lot of foods rich in "bad" cholesterol. At the same time, such people have worsening circulation. Hands do not receive enough blood and oxygen, resulting in a reaction such as a swelling of the hands.
- Pregnancy. During this period in the female body there are great changes that can also lead to the appearance of edema. If they are not strong, then you should not worry, but the doctor still needs to say about his observations. If the swelling on the hands are strong, prevent the normal bending of the fingers, then this can already indicate serious violations of the kidneys, heart and other internal organs. Immediate treatment is required, as there is a high risk of complications on the part of the health of the unborn child and the mother after childbirth.
- Pathologies of the thyroid gland. In this case, one can observe a small swelling of the fingers themselves. Here you need qualified help from an endocrinologist.
- Pathology of the kidneys, liver, heart. All these diseases can manifest as swellings on the hands and feet. In this case, it is also necessary to consult a doctor.
If your hands are swollen, the cause of this can be hidden in improper diet, prolonged work at the computer or restless sleep. Therefore, the first thing you need to review your diet and work schedule. Arrange yourself to rest and allocate at least 8 hours for sleep. And to insomnia does not bother you, you can take sedatives, but before consulting with a doctor.
Brush swelling can occur for a variety of reasons. And you do not need to try to solve this problem yourself. After all, this can lead to the development of various complications. Therefore, if you observe a syndrome of swollen hands, contact a specialist immediately.
What does swelling in the hands mean in the morning?
If you constantly notice swelling of the hands in the morning, the reason for this may be the taking of any medications. First, you need to carefully read the annotation to the remedy that you are taking. If you find "swelling of the upper or lower extremities" in the "side effects" item, you should stop taking this medication and inform your doctor about it. You either cancel the medication or replace it with another.
In the event that in addition to edema of the hands, you notice the swelling of the eyelids in the morning, then this is the main sign of abnormal liver or kidney function. In this case, you need to immediately consult a doctor and undergo a complete examination for pathology.
If in the morning you observe a swelling of the hands, and by evening it gradually passes to the lower limbs, then this is a clear sign of the development of cardiac pathologies. Well, if you notice painful sensations when you press on swollen places, then it already speaks about the development of articular diseases - arthritis or arthrosis. These diseases are not completely cured, but proper nutrition with arthritis and arthrosis will help to alleviate the condition of the patient.
Pulmonary edema may also be a sign of lung disease. Only in this case there is also swelling of the lymph nodes in the armpits.
It is also worth noting that swelling of the hands often appears in the morning in people who suffer from obesity and are subject to frequent stress.
The reasons why the hands are swollen are numerous. Therefore, you need to see a doctor. He will be able to establish the exact cause of this syndrome and prescribe appropriate treatment.
What should I do?
If going to the doctor is planned for the day after tomorrow, and swelling of the hands does not allow you to do the usual things, then you can try to eliminate it yourself by performing simple actions.
First, remove from your fingers and wrists all the compressive objects( rings, bracelets, etc.).Second, start sticking to these days of a salt-free diet. The thing is that salt, used together with food, promotes the accumulation of fluid in the body. Perhaps, it is her great consumption that caused the appearance of edema.
Drink more herbal teas and infusions that have a diuretic effect. An example of this are: green tea and rose hips.
In addition, 2-3 hours before bedtime, you must exclude the consumption of any liquid. And also start playing sports. To eliminate swelling, running, swimming, cycling and walking are ideal.
You can also try to eliminate swelling in your hands with a contrast bath. Take a few deep containers, pour cold water into one, hot in another. Then start periodically to lower your hands in them for 2-3 minutes.
Salt baths are also considered effective for eliminating edema. They are prepared very simply. To do this, you need a little warm water and a couple tablespoons of sea salt. In such a solution, hands should be kept for about half an hour.
If you notice that your hands are swelling, do not immediately run to the pharmacy and buy diuretics. They should be used only in extreme cases and according to the doctor's prescription. Remember that the uncontrolled use of diuretics can lead to serious violations in the work of the kidneys.