Sometimes you just wonder! Man considers himself the crown of creation, the most dangerous predator on Earth. But the body is made so messy that it becomes unclear how our species survived and was able to settle on the planet. Any our body, every system in the body suffers from various diseases. The anus is not an exception.
But for some reason the pathologies of this particular area are considered by the patients something shameful and they are pulled with the doctor's address until the last. Until the purulent process develops, the temperature will jump to critical temperatures and it will become impossible not to sit and live at all.
- 1 Purulent paraproctitis or fistula of the anus. Causes of pathology
- 2 Species and symptoms of paraproctitis
- 3 How to diagnose paraproctitis
- 4 Therapeutic tactics for purulent paraproctitis
- 5 Folk prescriptions for purulent paraproctitis
- 6 Complications of purulent paraproctitis
Purulent paraproctitis or fistula of the anus. Causes of
Purulent paraproctitis is an inflammatory process that affects fatty tissue in the anus and rectum area. After hemorrhoids, this pathology ranks second among diseases of this region.
The cause of the disease is the penetration into this area of pathogenic microorganisms. The causative agents of the purulent process are E. coli, various cocci - streptococci, staphylococci, various anaerobes.
Bacteria enter the subcutaneous tissue through the wound surface in the rectum, from the wound of the anal area. Less often - with inflammatory processes in the prostate gland, or with furunculosis.
Occasionally there is a hematogenic pathway of infection - with blood flow during inflammatory processes in other organs. Doctors distinguish the following factors contributing to the development of this pathology:
- Violation of defecation. Often constipation than diarrhea
- Hemorrhoids and its consequences - cracks, prolapse of nodes
- Alcoholism, sore throats, flu, general body exhaustion and as a result a decrease in the body's protective functions
- Endocrine diseases - diabetes
- Vascular diseases - atherosclerosis
Purulent paraproctitis is a consequence of various pathological processes, but not a primary disease.
Species and symptoms of paraproctitis
Symptoms of the inflammatory process vary depending on the type of disease and the location of the purulent focus. Doctors distinguish 6 types of paraproctitis with individual symptoms:
- Subcutaneous paraproctitis - purulent focus is located directly under the skin and occurs most often. Symptoms are pronounced. This is a throbbing pain, hyperemia of the skin. The patient can not sit, lie, move normally. Defecation is extremely painful and difficult. The temperature can rise to 37.5 degrees.
- Submucose paraproctitis - the focus is located under the mucous membranes of the intestine. The symptomatology resembles a subcutaneous process, but the pain syndrome is less pronounced.
- Ischiorectal abscess - grips the area above the muscle, lifting the anus. Symptoms are smeared, so the focus is deep under the skin. The pain is dull, intensified when you visit the toilet. External signs begin to appear only on the 5th or 6th day from the onset of the inflammatory process. The body temperature rises to 38 degrees. General weakness, intoxication.
- Pelviorectal paraproctitis - located deep and separated from the peritoneum by a thin wall. The patient is feverish, the temperature rises, and chills. It is accompanied by pains in the lower abdomen. Pathology refers to difficult to diagnose, since the symptomatology is similar to the signs of many diseases and urgent conditions. On the 10th day there is a delay in urine and difficulty with defecation.
- Necrotic paraproctitis - the symptoms are similar to the subcutaneous process, but the infection spreads quickly. This leads to tissue death. In the future, the patient requires the plasticity of muscles and skin.
- Chronic paraproctitis is a long process, which is accompanied by the formation of fistulous passages. At the same time from these passages oozes pus with an admixture of blood and feces. Absence of treatment leads to the formation of a system of fistulous strokes.
How to diagnose paraproctitis
The patient has only 1 exit - see a doctor. In acute process - in the receiving rest of any hospital surgical profile. The doctor will examine the patient, you may need a digital rectal examination. This procedure is extremely painful, therefore, it is conducted under local or general anesthesia in conditions of deployed operating room.
To determine the location of the formation, an ultrasound examination of the affected area is performed. This will determine the depth of the abscess, the condition of surrounding tissues, assess the presence or absence of a system of fistulous strokes.
Another method of investigation is X-ray diffraction using contrast medium. This also allows you to determine the direction of the fistulous course. In complex cases, CT or MRI is shown to exclude the tumor process in the rectal area.
After the diagnostic procedures the patient is sent to the surgical department of the hospital. Required for blood tests, urine, biochemistry.
Therapeutic tactics in purulent paraproctitis
There is no particular choice in a patient with an abscess in the rectal area. The abscess must be opened and drained. This is done only surgically. The operation is urgent. That is, it is carried out immediately after the diagnosis is made.
The surgeon performs manipulations under general or spinal anesthesia. The wound surface remains open until it is fully sanitized. After elimination of the focus of inflammation, sutures are applied and the wound closes. In a chronic process, the operation is performed exclusively by a proctologist surgeon.
The main thing in this case is to detect and excise all fistulous passages, drain the wounds, exclude the communication with the rectum. After the intervention, a course of antibiotics is prescribed to suppress the infection. Wounds are treated with antiseptics, bandages are carried out.
With timely access to the hospital, the prognosis of recovery is favorable.
Folk recipes for purulent paraproctitis
Medical statistics say that patients first of all begin to conduct experiments on themselves using sources from the Internet, herbalists and other unverified sources. And only when it becomes quite unbearable, they turn to the doctor. In this treatment is delayed.
Any methods of folk treatment should be discussed with the attending physician. Experimenting on yourself, you run the risk of acute paraproctitis get a chronic process with all the ensuing consequences. What recommends traditional medicine:
- Salt bath - for 5 liters of warm water 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of soda. The duration of the procedure is 10 minutes. Physiological solution has the ability to draw purulent masses from the wound, while disinfecting the surface. The course is at least 15 procedures.
- Enema and baths with medicinal herbs - oak bark, chamomile, sage, calamus, calendula. All of them have anti-inflammatory, disinfecting, healing effect.
- Tampons with potato juice. Grate the tuber on a small grater, squeeze the juice and soak them with a tampon. The medicine is placed in the affected area at night.
- Treatment of hot bricks and garlic. Grate the brick and put it in a bucket. A few cloves of garlic grind and decompose on a hot surface. Sitting on the bucket. Carry out the procedure once a day until the abscess disappears completely.
But no matter how much people praise folk methods of treatment, until the abscess is opened and the cavity is drained, there will be no sustained effect. The process, perhaps, will cease, but the focus of inflammation will remain. With any minor drop in immunity, the purulent paraproctitis will visit you again.
Complications of purulent paraproctitis
Any purulent process is dangerous for the body. In the rectal area is a large number of vital organs. Untimely treatment of a doctor leads to the following consequences:
- Transition from acute phase to chronic with fistula formation
- Melting of purulent capsule and outlet of contents into the abdominal cavity.
- Meltdown and perforation of the walls of the vagina, intestine, prostate, urethra, scrotum. The development of gangrene
- The spread of infection with blood flow and the onset of sepsis
- The necrosis of the skin in the area of the abscess
- Preventive measures
Once, having had a similar disease, I really do not want to repeat it. But it's better not to get yourself into trouble with the rectal area at all. Prevention is cheaper than treatment, so it makes sense to adhere to the following rules:
- Adhere to the principles of proper nutrition
- Motor activity
- Timely treatment of hemorrhoids, anal fissures
- Patients with diabetes should be observed in an endocrinologist and maintain a normal sugar level
- Monitor their own weight
- Compliancenorms of hygiene
These simple rules will avoid relapse of the disease. But the best method of treatment remains surgical intervention. Do not delay contact with a doctor. Only the surgeon can make the correct diagnosis and conduct adequate treatment.
Paraproctitis. How to behave with an "uncomfortable" disease, will tell the video:
Tell your friends! Tell about this article to your friends in your favorite social network using social buttons. Thank you!