This means that it suppresses inflammation, but does not affect the hormonal and immune system. The drug inhibits the production of inflammatory mediators, but at a superficial level. Once the drug is stopped, the inflammatory processes will continue to flow again.
Instruction for use
The drug starts to act in an hour: it is quickly absorbed in the intestine, the blood concentration is observed in 45 minutes if the drug is taken on an empty stomach. The joints penetrate the joints in 2.5 hours and there the concentration is even higher than in the blood plasma. It is excreted ibuprofen by the kidneys, to a greater extent, and the liver, to a lesser extent.
Indications for the use of the drug
Ibuprofen is prescribed in all cases when the disease is based on chronic inflammation. In some cases, it is the main therapeutic drug in the following diseases:
- rheumatoid arthritis( autoimmune disease);
- bursitis( inflammation in the joint bag);
- muscle pain( injury);
Ibuprofen is also used in complex therapy for diagnoses such as
- adnexitis( inflammation of the appendages);
- proctitis( inflammation of the rectum);
It is used in the treatment of ENT organs, but as an adjuvant to reduce inflammation, so that further therapy is effective.
- Absolute contraindication for the use of this drug is exacerbation of peptic ulcer of the duodenum and stomach. If peptic ulcer is in remission, then prolonged use of this drug may trigger an exacerbation.
- In case of renal insufficiency, ibuprofen is also prohibited.
- Blood clotting disorder, hemophilia.
- Craniocerebral trauma, hemorrhagic stroke.
- Bronchial asthma.
During pregnancy, the drug is used with caution. During feeding, there are no contraindications, since it practically does not penetrate into the milk.
Dosage of Ibuprofen during treatment of
To reduce the adverse effects of the drug on the wall of the stomach, it is taken after a meal.
- Rheumatoid arthritis - 800 mg three times a day;
- Spondylitis - from 400 to 600 mg three times a day;
- With injuries up to 2.4 grams per day.
In children and adolescents, the dose is calculated according to their weight.
Pharmacist on the drug.