Dislocation is damage to the joint due to an injury in which the articular surfaces move, assuming the wrong position, but their integrity remains intact.
knee dislocation occurs less frequently than other traumatic dislocations, since the knee joint is securely protected by strong ligaments. However, this type of injury is quite common in athletes. They also very often have an ankle dislocation and a dislocated leg.
There are complete and incomplete dislocations. A complete dislocation of the knee is the result of a strong impact on the supporting limb, as a result of which its joint is displaced( forward or backward).Incomplete dislocation of the knee joint( outward or inward) occurs more often when slipping and turning on the supporting leg.
Symptoms of knee dislocation
- 1 Symptoms of knee dislocation
- 2 Diagnosis of knee joint dislocation
- 3 How to treat knee dislocation? What to do with a knee dislocation?
- 4 Recovery from knee injury
Knee joint dislocation occurs, usually as a result of serious injury: falling from a high altitude, car accident, etc. The characteristic features of this damage are:
- acute pain in the joint region;
- severe swelling;
- knee deformation;
- numbness and cold feeling in the leg;
- pulse below the injured place is not probed.
If symptoms occur, seek immediate medical attention immediately.
There are times when the knee joint , after dislocation, restores the normal position itself. Nevertheless, the knee area will be swollen and painful.
Diagnosis of knee dislocation
Diagnosis of the disease after examination, which includes:
- arteriography( x-ray of arteries) or dopplerography of vessels;
- pulse test, which allows to determine if there is a circulatory disturbance;
- consultation of a neurologist.
How to treat a knee dislocation? What to do with a knee dislocation?
After confirmation of diagnosis.treatment of knee dislocation is prescribed by a trauma doctor. Self-medication is unacceptable! It is fraught with extremely adverse consequences. As a pre-emergency emergency care, you can use the cold( ice) on a sore spot. Further, the trauma should be handled by a qualified medical professional.
Treatment of dislocation of the knee joint is carried out in stages:
- return( correction) of the injured joint to its place;
- fixation of the diseased knee with the aid of an immobilizer;
- restoration of ligament integrity.
The last stage of treatment is the most difficult, sometimes requiring surgical intervention followed by rehabilitation.
For successful treatment it is necessary to provide immobility to the knee joint, therefore for the first time the victim must be moved with crutches. Do not lean on a sore leg, and at rest it is recommended to keep it as high as possible.
Recovery after knee injury
The rehabilitation period should be under the supervision of an orthopedic physician. The patient's leg is developed, returning her muscle tone. Complete and speedy recovery after dislocation of the knee is facilitated by:
- exercise therapy;
- vitamin therapy;
- proper nutrition.
Faster recover after injury will help and folk remedies:
- milk compress - moistened in hot milk gauze dressing is applied to the place of dislocation;
- gruel from onion - grated onion or crushed onion in a blender with the addition of sugar( 1:10) is applied to the knee in the form of a compress for 6 hours;
- medical dressing from shredded leaves of wormwood;
- gruel from 2-3 heads of garlic with the addition of apple cider vinegar, infusion of 5-6 days - an excellent remedy for rubbing, helping with dislocations and bruises.
In conclusion, it should be noted that dislocation of the knee is a fairly serious injury, which, if improperly treated, can lead to a limitation of mobility of the knee joint and chronic pain. Therefore, it is necessary to take a very responsible approach to treatment and fulfill all the prescriptions and recommendations of a doctor.