The term tachycardia means any kind of increase in the frequency of cardiac contractions above 100 per minute. The excitation source at this arrhythmia can be in a typical place( sinus node) or move to the atrium and ventricle. It can manifest itself by a sensation of pulsation, interruptions, tremors in the chest, and also weakness and dizziness. Tachycardia is physiological, which occurs with physical or emotional stress, or be the first symptom of the disease.
It is not always easy to choose effective medications for the treatment of tachycardia. This is due to the variety of reasons for which it arises.
In case of sinus tachycardia, which is a manifestation of anemia, hormonal disorders, low blood pressure or dehydration, it is advisable to direct all efforts to treatment of the underlying disease or elimination of provoking factors:
- to exclude caffeine, alcohol and smoking;
- protect yourself from unnecessary physical and psycho-emotional stress;
- to begin psychotherapeutic sessions with the neurogenic nature of arrhythmia;
- iron preparations will help with anemia, and filling up the volume of the liquid - with dehydration;
- in adrenal tumors( pheochromocytoma), which produces stress hormones, it is necessary to remove it;
- with thyrotoxicosis appoint tablets that destroy the tissue of the thyroid gland;
- reception of vitamins and microelements( magnesium, calcium, potassium) at their lack.
If the arrhythmia is an independent pathology associated with structural changes in the conduction system of the heart, the following classes of drugs can be used:
- Beta-blockers( concor, egyloc, atenolol) reduce the stimulating effect of stress hormones. The best way to help with sinus tachycardia and the availability of additional ways to conduct.
- Sodium channel blockers( rhythm monum, allapinin) can be administered with extrasystole.
- Cardiac glycosides( digoxin) are most commonly used for tachycardia on a background of heart failure.
- Potassium channel blockers( cordarone, sotahexal) are used for atrial fibrillation.
- Sedative( sedative) drugs make sense to prescribe with a sharp sinus tachycardia caused by excessive emotionality.
- Antioxidants and medicines that improve coronary blood supply( preductal, mexicor) are a good addition to standard therapy.
Drugs are available in tablets for home use and in ampoules for intravenous administration in a hospital.
To stop the nodular arrhythmia attack, which occurs suddenly and is associated with the presence of an additional bundle, vagal tests are often effective:
- respiratory arrest;
- exhalation with closed glottis;
- caused by vomiting;
- washing with very cold water;
- massage of the carotid sinus located in the neck;
- pressing on the eyeballs.
The last two manipulations can be performed only by a doctor, while all the others are recommended for self-relieving an attack. During these tests, the vagus nerve breaks and the impulses on the nervous fibers of the heart slow down.
To surgical intervention resorted to ineffectiveness of drug treatment of tachycardia. Before the surgical method is used, an electrophysiological study is usually performed, which allows to determine the source of arrhythmia. Using a catheter, the sensor is led to different parts of the myocardium and stimulated. Thus, the areas in which foci of nucleation of the neuromuscular impulse are located are revealed.
Radiofrequency ablation is performed using a special flexible tube, which is injected through the puncture in the vessel. Then bring the tip to the heart cavity in the area that is the source of pathological excitement, and cauterize the nerve fibers. This method of treatment with atrial fibrillation is especially effective.
With frequent ventricular tachycardias accompanied by loss of consciousness, the patient is shown to install a cardioverter-defibrillator. This miniature device is placed in the left subclavian area, and the wires reach the myocardium. With the development of arrhythmia, a discharge is generated that restarts the heart. With the help of special computers, the device can be programmed for any amount of current. Usually this device also has a function of the pacemaker, which, when the heart stops, assumes the role of a conducting system and causes it to contract.
From traditional methods of therapy of heart rhythm disturbances, folk medicine does not lag behind. These recipes are usually created for the treatment of physiological tachycardia:
- Melissa leaves insist on vodka for 10 days. Take 5 ml four times a day, previously dissolved in water.
- Root valerian and marigold flowers pour steep boiling water. Drink 100 ml 4 times a day.
- Mix hawthorn, dog rose and motherwort in equal proportions. Use when brewing tea one spoonful.
In the diet of a person with arrhythmia attacks should be products containing trace elements and vitamins useful for the heart. They include fruits and vegetables, greens and nuts. It is very useful for the myocardium honey, which does not need to be dissolved in a warm liquid, but preferably it is in a cold form. This allows you to save more valuable qualities.
Use of folk remedies is not always justified, they are recommended to be used only after consulting a cardiologist.
Tachycardia is a very large group of heart diseases, combining all arrhythmias, manifested by rapid heart rate. Very often it can be a manifestation of the pathology of other organs and systems. In connection with such a wide variety of causes of this disease, there is a huge number of drugs for its treatment. That is why when the first symptoms of arrhythmia occur, it is necessary to consult a cardiologist who can only specify after the examination what medicine to take.