The term "pancreatitis" is used by physicians to refer to an inflammatory process that encompasses the pancreas. It is this body that is responsible for the allocation of a sufficient number of all the necessary enzymes in the digestion process, which are then sent to the duodenum, where they assure the digestion of all fats, carbohydrates and proteins. Because of inflammation in the pancreas, edema begins, which in especially severe cases is accompanied by necrosis, and sometimes even fibrosis and suppuration. Naturally, this significantly slows down the process of isolation of enzymes, thereby causing breakdowns in the process of normal digestion.
As a rule, the main prerequisite for the problem is malnutrition, in particular, overeating, the presence of a large amount of harmful food in the diet, as well as regular use of alcohol. In addition, the ailment often accompanies other diseases, most often - ulcer and cholelithiasis, cholecystitis and others.
Today we will consider which diet should be adhered to patients suffering from pancreatitis, make an approximate menu, and also learn about the role of mineral waters in the treatment of ailment.
- Diet for patients with pancreatitis: general recommendations
- We compose an approximate diet
- Do not forget about mineral water!
Diet for patients with pancreatitis: general recommendations of
In the first few days after the exacerbation of the disease, it is necessary to completely stop eating any food. At this time, you can only drink mineral water without gas( which water is suitable, will be considered further).At the same time, drinking is allowed in very small quantities. The further course of nutrition is aimed at expanding the diet in such a way that it becomes full and at the same time sparing for the pancreas. In particular, it should contain the maximum amount of proteins and fats with a modest carbohydrate content. The estimated energy value is 2500-2600 kcal.
Pay attention to the fact that during the first two weeks you will have to give up salt. Of course, unsalted food can hardly be considered appetizing, but it is the one that best helps relieve the load from the pancreas. In addition, you have to divide the usual portions into several parts, in other words, eat often, but little by little. A few more important rules concern the temperature of food, which must necessarily be a little warm, as well as its consistency - it is permissible to use exclusively liquid, sometimes semi-liquid grounded dishes.
By the end of the first week, you can gradually switch to more nutritious foods, such as jelly, rare cereals, mucilage soups, cutlets cooked by steaming from lean fish, meat or poultry. In a couple of days, the introduction of protein dishes, fresh cheese, and also grated baked apples is acceptable.
We compose the approximate ration
- First breakfast. Omelet from several eggs, prepared for steaming without salt, gherkins porridge on water, necessarily rubbed through a sieve or mixed to a homogeneous consistency with a mixer, not strong tea.
- Second breakfast. Fresh cheese. Note that among all milk products, milk is prohibited. It can be used only as a part of other dishes, that is, in the processed form.
- Lunch. Soup, made from vegetables and buckwheat, a piece of boiled meat, apple jelly. Here it is important to note that the store product with a large number of preservatives and other chemicals will not work, prepare the jelly yourself from fresh apple puree and gelatin.
- Dinner. Fish cutlets for a couple, carrots puree, a glass of wild rose broth.
- Before going to bed, you can drink a glass of kefir to start the digestion process.
Do not forget about mineral water!
In addition to this diet, with pancreatitis should also keep a special drinking menu, which includes the use of certain mineral waters. In particular, experts recommend to stop their choice on such brands as Borjomi, Smirnovskaya and Yessentuki No. 4, which are:
- have a powerful anti-inflammatory effect;
- provide the elimination of stagnant processes in the bile ducts and directly the pancreas itself, contributing to the normalization of the usual mode of bile production;
- improves the functioning of the intestines and stomach.
Please note that for maximum therapeutic effect, mineral water should be drunk not occasionally, but regularly and necessarily exactly according to the scheme that was offered by your doctor. In addition, the course of such treatment should be quite long.
Tell a friend!