- Advantages of
- Advantages of
- Disadvantages of
- Indications for use
- Pressing dressing
- Sporting tag
- Fixing dressing - instruction for use
- Useful advices
Elastic bandage for ankle has several advantages, among which can be identified such:
- long termuse. It can be repeatedly applied, and it does not quickly deform;
- tight and reliable fixation. The bandage does not slip, so it does not need to be re-bandaged;
- versatility. Suitable absolutely for any joint;
- does not require special preparation for use;
- easy to use( easy to remove);
Elastic bandage will replace about twenty usual gauze bandages, therefore it is a rational and profitable approach to the
business Disadvantages of
Any device has its drawbacks, elastic bandage is no exception. Consider the main ones:
- improper application leads to a violation of blood circulation;
- invalid bandaging may be poorly fixed to the joint;
- device will deteriorate ahead of time in case of poor maintenance;
- must have certain skills and abilities.
Indications for use
Ankle joint needs to be immobilized in some situations:
- when stretching or rupturing ligaments;
- after injury;
- during inflammation of the joint, which is accompanied by swelling;
- as a preventive measure during a strong physical activity.
Doctors advise to always have in your medicine cabinet an elastic bandage, especially for people engaged in active physical activity.
Let's talk about reliable signs of the wrong technique of overlap:
- with too tight bandage violated venous outflow, resulting in the tips of the fingers turn blue;
- tight fixation disrupts the arterial influx, resulting in the fingers becoming pale and cold;
- will not be sufficiently fixed due to weak bandage of the ankle.
In order to improve blood circulation in the joint, you need at least a couple of times to remove the bandage
Bandage should be washed once a week, but in no case it can not be twisted, otherwise it will lose its elasticity.
Let's talk about the rules of imposing:
- the overlay is done clockwise, beginning with the foot pad. Bandage should be tightened evenly, and do not unwind beforehand;
- turns around the entire foot. It is incorrect to bandage with one hand, both hands must participate in the process, since one must hold the beginning of the bandage. The turns must be in one direction. The dressing should be fitting, but do not press;
- ankle wrap. Bandaging is carried out in eight;
- repetition of eight-shaped turns;
- securing the end of the bandage.
The dressing should be neat. The duration of wearing can be determined by a specialist, but usually it's one to two hours.
Dressing with sports teip is as follows:
- the upper part of the foot is firstly wrapped longitudinally;The
- should then be fixed alternately from the foot to the ankle;
- three-fold eight-winding.
Elastic bandage does not harm the skin, as it is made from natural fabrics.
The patient should not feel tingling or numbness. If these feelings have arisen, you need to replace the fixation
Tapes are called elastic patches applied to the skin. They must additionally be held by a specially applied bandage.
The following materials should be prepared before tapping:
- elastic bandage( as an alternative, a teip);
- molding( this is the material that is applied under the adhesive);
- pads, which are applied directly under the foot;
- petroleum jelly.
It is important to make sure that the ankle is dry, clean and undamaged. During the procedure, the patient should lie quietly on his back.
Prepare all the necessary materials, you can start to teip:
- is first applied a thin layer of Vaseline;
- , two damping pads are placed in such a way that the entire damaged part is closed;
- around the shin, turns are made using several stripes of teip. Each strip should cover the previous one by about half;
- the previous bandage is covered with the following strips, which are superimposed in the form of a stirrup;
- starting from the top down, the next strip is covered with a stirrup;
- on the very rise of the foot is overlaid with several more strips;
- teip is fixed and fixed on the heel smoothly, without wrinkles or flaws;
- lifting of the foot - this is the place on which the tip should end.
Fixative dressing - instructions for use
Fixing dressings reduce the load on the place that has been damaged, and also accelerate the regeneration( recovery) processes.
People involved in sports often get bruises and injuries, which is why fixing the bandage is simply necessary.
The fixing dressing is a kind of "first aid" or a first-aid for injuries.
The most reliable and optimal form of fixation is an eight-shaped bandage. It must be superimposed with knowledge of the matter, otherwise it will cause harm to health, therefore it must be handled by a specialist in his field.
With the help of elastic bandage, the plaster bandage can be removed every day, so that the injured joint will be well developed.
The following recommendations will help in the use of elastic bandage:
- bandage should be applied in the morning until the limbs are swollen;
- is better to lie down after bandage, and legs are positioned above the head;
- should not form creases when applying a bandage;
- to prevent squeezing of soft tissues, the bandage is untwisted;
- , there should not be any gaps between the turns of the bandage;
- bandage should be used during active movement, at rest it can be removed;
- dressing starts and ends at a remote distance from the lesion;
- separately I would like to mention the extensibility of elastic bandages.
Medium and high degree of extensibility will help to secure the fixation of limbs after traumatization. For the prevention of varicose veins after surgical interventions on the limbs, it is necessary to use low elastic bandages.
Summing up all the above, I would like to say that absolutely no one is insured against joint problems. Do not despair, and with the slightest trauma, seek the help of specialists, and before that, make the bandage an elastic bandage.