Heel spur is not an independent disease, but only a symptom, a manifestation of a different, more serious illness. This disease can be flat feet, arthritis or metabolic disorders in the body. In this article, we will discuss in detail what the heel spurs represent.
Treating the calcaneal spur
- 1 Treating the calcaneal spur
- 2 Home treatment for the calcaneal spur
The main symptom of the heel spur is soreness in the heel area when it is loaded on it. The pain occurs suddenly, without any previous injury or other trauma. This symptom for this diagnosis is caused not by an anatomical change in the foot, but by an inflammatory process.
Pain at the calcaneal spur is simply unbearable. They are even compared with a "nail in the heel".Therefore, medication for the calcaneal spur of should reduce pain and inflammation.
The patient is prescribed Brufen, Diclofenac, Flexen, Indomethacin in the form of candles or tablets. If all this turns out to be useless, one or two injections of corticosteroid hormones are placed directly on the heel.
Medical treatment of the heel spur also implies that, together with this symptomatic treatment, the main disease is being combated, which is the cause. If it is, for example, an infection, then put antibiotics.
In the hospital, the doctor can prescribe:
- treatment of calcaneal spur by laser;
- physiotherapy complex treatment;
- treatment of calcaneal spur by ultrasound.
If for any reason within the next few days there is no possibility to visit a doctor, you can resort to home methods of treatment.
They are good at relieving inflammation, pain, and according to the feedback of many people, they completely get rid of this disease.
Consider the home methods for treating the heel spur more.
Home treatment for calcaneal spur
You need to start with the use of special insoles and thrusts. This significantly reduces the burden on the heel. You can also cut a soft pillow from the soft material under the heel, making a depression in the pressure area on the bone outgrowth.
In the early stages of the disease, also effectively treated the heel spur with iodine .But the patient should tune in to the daily procedures. A small ampule of 3% iodine is mixed with two chopped aspirin tablets. The mixture is applied to a cotton swab and pribintovyvaetsya to a sore spot. On top you need to put on a sock and go to bed. In the morning rinse your feet. The procedure is performed three times at weekly intervals.
A patch for treatment of heel spurs can be made from walnut, mixing it with its saliva. In the morning on an empty stomach, split the walnut and properly chew. Attach the resulting lump to the spur and attach it with a band-aid or bandage. Do this every day until recovery.
You can try potato treatment. It is carried out every evening until all symptoms disappear. Small tuber is rubbed on a small grater. Kashitsu is laid on a four-layer gauze and applied to the heel. Wear a woolen sock and leave until the morning.
We recommend you to watch the video on the treatment of the calcaneal spur:
Treatment with dimexide
Dimexide is a topical agent. This drug acts on the pathological process in a complex way:
- affects inflammation;
- on the pain symptom;
- activates the metabolism;
- enhances the effect of other drugs with similar effects;
- gives a bactericidal effect;
- enhances the permeability of cell membranes.
Compresses from dimexide are superimposed for 30 minutes. Usually recommend a course for one week, but it is better to do compresses for a month. To improve the penetration of the drug, you can wear a woolen sock.
Folk remedies for calcaneal spurs
Folk methods of treatment are suitable, as a rule, only in the early stages of the disease. They, of course, will not cause harm, but expect a miracle, when the size of the spur reaches 1 cm already, it's not worth it at all.
Effective treatment of heel spurs folk ways:
- Cabbage compress. The inside of the inner leaves of cabbage is smeared with honey and applied to the heel. On top of the compress is tied with a warm kerchief and left for the night. The course is about three weeks.
- Apply a large leaf of plantain to the sore spot. Tightly tie and walk with it until it dries, and only then replace it with a new one.
- Warm( almost hot) foot baths with saline solution for 40 minutes. The best is sea salt, but you can also salt the dead sea, and the cook. You need two tablespoons of salt per liter. At the end of the procedure, get your feet wet with a towel, wear woolen socks and go to bed.
- Exactly the same foot bath, but only with mustard instead of salt.
- Draw iodine mesh on the soles of your feet and lie down with her in woolen socks. This method is contraindicated for people with intolerance to iodine, with hypertension and suffering from diabetes.
- The black radish, along with the skin, is rubbed on a fine grater and applied to the spur for the whole night. The next morning they wash it with water. The first three procedures bring relief.