Hello dear readers. Raisins, useful properties and contraindications, treatment of raisins, today I want to tell you about it. Raisins are dried grapes. Preserves raisins for almost all useful properties and vitamins of grapes. Only here there is one minus, raisins contain 8 times more sugar than grapes.
Raisins are widely used in cooking and we can no longer imagine without a raisin cakes, biscuits, muffins, cookies and other pastries, it is even added to kvass and wine. Raisins give confectionery products a special taste and so to say "zest".I personally bake cakes every year and always add a lot of raisins to the cake, once I tried to add different dried fruits to the cake, it's figs, cranberries, dried apricots, but raisins, so to speak the classics of the genre.
In addition to using raisins in cooking, it is also used for treatment. My grandmother eats every day a glass of raisins a day, says that it is useful for the work of the heart, since it contains a lot of potassium.
Caloric value of raisins: 100 grams of raisins contains 290 kcal.
Let's find out now what is so useful about raisins?
Raisins. Beneficial features.
- Raisins strengthen our immunity.
- Contains raisins vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B4, B6, B9, C, E.
- Contains raisins of iron, potassium, calcium, zinc, copper, manganese, zinc, phosphorus, fluorine, selenium, sodium, magnesium.
- Raisins are a source of iron, so it is very useful for anemia.
- Raisins improves the functioning of our nervous system, improves sleep.
- Raisins are very useful for pregnant and lactating women.
- Raisins normalizes the work of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Raisins are useful for people suffering from vegetovascular dystonia.
- It is useful to include in the diet raisins for people with diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- A decoction of raisins is taken with bronchitis, when coughing.
Before using raisins, it should be washed and poured with boiling water. You also need to do with dried apricots. And if you are interested in information about dried apricots, you can see it in my article here.
It's an interesting fact that raisins of kishmish contain 2 times more vitamin C than black raisins with a stone. I always buy raisins kishmish, I like it, plus it is pitted.
Treatment of raisins.
For bronchitis, coughing, throat swelling, prepare a decoction of raisins.100 grams of raisins fill with 250 grams of water, boil over low heat for about 5 minutes. Decoction of raisins strain and drink about 1/3 of the glass 3-4 times a day.
With a cold and strong cough take a decoction of raisins with onion juice.100 grams of raisins should be poured in 250 grams of water, boil for 7 minutes, strain and add 1 tablespoon of onion juice to the resulting broth, drink 1/3 cup three times a day.
Raisins for the treatment of lichen. To do this, you need to cut raisins and flesh rub the affected areas, a noticeable improvement occurs after the first time.
To strengthen immunity raisins are useful in combination with dried apricots, prunes, walnuts and honey. Very tasty and useful mixture is obtained, contains many vitamins, replenishes the deficiency of iron, potassium in our body. The recipe for a vitamin mixture for immunity can be found in my article "Vitamin Blend for Immunity".
Very useful raisins to strengthen the heart muscle, to support the heart. Raisins should be eaten 200 grams every day in the morning on an empty stomach. My grandmother eats raisins every morning and already her acquaintances also use raisins for treatment.
Raisins are good for health indisputable, but there are raisins and contraindications.
- Raisins are contraindicated for obesity.
- With diabetes, as it contains a lot of sugar.
- With individual raisin intolerance.
- Contraindicated raisins for stomach ulcers and duodenal ulcers during the exacerbation of the disease.
How to choose raisins?
When buying raisins, pay attention to the appearance of the raisins, it should be dry, free of mold and foreign smells. And if you buy raisins in the packaging, be sure to pay attention to the date, and also to ensure that the packaging is sealed.
How to store raisins?
It is best to store raisins in a refrigerator in a closed container, in this form raisins can survive up to six months. But I never buy a lot of raisins, and almost immediately I use it, so in long-term storage there is no need.
I love raisins very much, sometimes I buy myself something to eat, and I add to the baking.
Raisins have impressive beneficial properties, but there are contraindications to raisins. If you do not have contraindications to the use of raisins, then use it for health.