Drowsiness is usually accompanied by other symptoms that vary depending on the underlying disease, disorder or condition.
- 1 Symptoms associated with sleepiness that often occur with it
- 2 Other symptoms that may occur with drowsiness
- 3 Serious symptoms that may accompany drowsiness and indicate a life-threatening
- 4 What are the possible complications with drowsiness?
Symptoms associated with drowsiness that often occur with it
Here is a list of the main symptoms that can be observed with drowsiness:
- changes in mood, in character or behavior;
- problems with memory, thinking, speech, understanding, ability to write or read;
- reduced energy;
- malaise or lethargy.
Other symptoms that may occur along with drowsiness
Sleepiness may accompany symptoms associated with other body systems, including:
Serious symptoms that may accompany drowsiness and indicate a life-threatening
In some cases, drowsiness may be a symptom of a life-threatening condition that should be detected as quickly as possible. In such cases, you should immediately seek medical help. To such serious symptoms that accompany drowsiness, include the following:
- a change of consciousness such as its periodic disconnections( loss of unconsciousness) or hanging( falling into stupor);
- change in mental state or sudden change in behavior, such as confusion, delirium, apathy, hallucinations, etc.;
- impossibility to warm up;
- very drowsy;
- severe headaches
- stiff neck.
What are the possible complications with drowsiness?
Since drowsiness can be a symptom of a serious illness, an inability to establish it and begin treatment can cause serious complications and irreparable damage to health. Therefore, it is important to promptly identify the cause of drowsiness, what the doctor will do, and begin to eliminate it, in order to reduce the risk of possible complications. And to such possible complications of drowsiness are:
- heart disease
- impossibility of performing everyday tasks
- deterioration of quality of life quality of life
You can find out more about drowsiness here: Drowsiness
Learn about possible and very common causes of drowsiness, and also about methods of their elimination. You can here: How to overcome drowsiness and constant fatigue.
In brief but full detail about the main medical problems that can cause drowsiness can be read here: Causes sleepiness. What causes drowsiness?