Tachycardia is an increased rate of heart rate( HR) due to exposure to both related and non-cardiovascular factors.
Sinus tachycardia means more than 100 beats per minute in which the electrocardiogram of the heartbeat remains normal, the pacemaker( ie, the site of the heart muscle that sets the rhythm of the contractions of the heart muscle, the sinus node remains), only the number of cardiac contractions changesin a minute.
Table of contents:
- Physiological and pathological tachycardia
- Extracardiac causes of sinus tachycardia
- Intracardial causes of tachycardia
- Treatment of sinus tachycardia
- Treatment with folk remedies
Physiological and pathological tachycardia
There are physiological and pathological tachycardias.
Physiological frequency increase of cardiac( physiological sinus tachycardia) contractions is associated exclusively with the normal increase in the body's need for blood flow to the main working organs. This happens when you exercise, under stress.
This reaction of the body is absolutely natural, and ensures the normal functioning of the human body under changed conditions.
Absolutely different phenomenon - pathological sinus tachycardia. It can arise for a number of reasons. Among the most common:
- Acute or chronic progressive hypoxia - in this case sinus tachycardia is also protective, but unlike physiological sinus tachycardia, the cause of it provokes a threat to the health or even the life of the patient;
- Acute or gradual decrease in blood pressure. In this case, tachycardia is also compensatory;
- Reduction of circulating blood volume( BCC).A gradual or sharp decrease in BCC is a serious hemodynamic imbalance and leads to a disturbance in the oxygenation of all organs and systems. The increase in heart contractions allows, to some extent, to provide organs and tissues with a minimum level of intake of blood and, consequently, oxygen in them.
Systemic inflammatory reaction - changing the heart rate is an integral part of the overall reaction of the body to inflammation. The cause of inflammation is most often an infectious agent( bacteria, virus, fungus).Increased temperature and acceleration of heart rate are mandatory signs of inflammation.
- Thyrotoxicosis - the effect of thyroid hormones on heart function and the state of the autonomic nervous system is well known. With thyrotoxicosis, the level of thyroid hormones in the blood rises. This is accompanied by sweating, anxiety and mandatory acceleration of the heartbeat.
- Some medications( in this case, the possibility of developing tachycardia as a side effect should be indicated in the instructions)
- Violation of the function of the left ventricle. The reasons for such violations may be mass, so in the case of suspicion that this is the cause of the development of tachycardia, the patient needs a detailed examination.
Thus, the causes of tachycardia can be divided into two large groups:
- Intracardial - those that are more or less associated with the pathology of the cardiovascular system.
Extracardial causes of sinus tachycardia
- Increased body temperature of various etiologies
- Tachycardia in pregnancy is quite common. It is important for the doctor and patient to remember that the increase in heart rate during pregnancy is normal and does not require special treatment.
- Anemia of different etiology
- Respiratory failure - which in turn can also be triggered by various causes, but inevitably leads to tissue hypoxia
- Neurocirculatory dystonia is a fairly common disorder associated with the activation of the sympathoadrenal system
- . The use of sympathomimetics, euphyllin
- LargeCaffeine( coffee, caffeinated or tableted caffeine)
Intracardial causes of tachycardia
Most often, the development of sinus tachycardia is more associated with the pathology of the left ventricle. The main hemodynamic disorder, to which this pathology leads, is a decrease in the ejection fraction and, as a consequence, insufficient supply of blood to organs and tissues.
In other words, the heart muscle begins to contract very quickly( more than 100 beats per minute), therefore, the heart cavity does not have enough time to fill up with blood during diastole, and a much smaller volume of blood is discharged into the bloodstream.
The causes of tachycardia associated with cardiac disease can be:
- Chronic heart failure is the very reason that directly leads to disruption of the sinus node
- Myocardial infarction
- Ischemic heart disease accompanied by severe attacks of angina
- Inflammatory diseases of the heart muscle( particularly myocarditis)
- Cardiomyopathies of various etiology( including hereditary cardiomyopathies)
Treatment of sinus tachycardia
diseaseDicament therapy. Most often, patients suffering from sinus tachycardia are treated with medication.
Treatment is built according to internationally accepted standards of treatment of the disease and is adjusted in accordance with the nature of the patient's response to the proposed combination and dosage of drugs.
The basic principle of treatment of sinus tachycardia with extracardiac causes of its occurrence is etiologic. Simply put, all efforts are directed to the treatment of the underlying disease, which led to an increase in heart rate.
With intracardial etiology of sinus tachycardia, antagonists of beta-blockers are most often prescribed, plus the treatment of heart pathology to the extent possible.
Treatment with folk remedies
Treatment of sinus tachycardia with folk methods is widespread. However, it should be clarified that such treatment is justified solely as a component of complex therapy for tachycardia and subject to mandatory prior agreement with your doctor.
Since ancient times, various kinds of tinctures, decoctions, herbal preparations have been used to treat the increase in heart rate. Below are some of the most widely used tools for the treatment of tachycardia folk methods.
Herbal collection based on valerian and motherwort
For collection you need to take: 200 g of dried valerian roots, 200 g of dried herb of Leonurus, 100 g of dried yarrow herb, 100 g of anise fruit. All the ingredients are ground, mixed.
Keep collection in a place protected from moisture and pests. To use: 1 tablespoon of the collection pour in a thermos 300 ml of boiling water and let it brew infusion for about an hour. Infusion should be taken in small equal in volume portions throughout the day. This tool can be used in pregnancy.
Melissa is also a well-known folk remedy for treating tachycardia, improving the emotional state. Its sedative effect is widely known.
To prepare the tincture, take 100 g of dried lemon balm, pour 200 ml of alcohol, cover it tightly and insist for 10 days. Then tincture should be filtered. To take 1 teaspoon of tincture diluted with 50 ml of water and taken in this dosage 4 times a day.
Infusion based on coriander
Coriander - also known as a remedy for tachycardia still for our ancestors. To prepare the infusion, take 1 tablespoon of dried coriander, fill it with 200 ml of boiling water.
Then leave the infusion for 2 hours. Take the prepared drug should be 50 ml 2 times a day, after having filtered it. Treatment should be conducted in courses not more than 1 month. Then you should take breaks for 10-14 days.
Decoction based on valerian and calendula
To prepare the decoction you will need: dried valerian roots and calendula flowers. You can store herbs both together and separately, without mixing. It is important that the place where you store the grass is protected from light and pests.
To prepare the infusion, take 1 tablespoon of valerian roots and 1 tablespoon of marigold, pour 400 ml of water in a thermos bottle. Allow the medication to infuse for 3 hours. Further strain infusion and take 100 ml 4 times a day. During pregnancy, this infusion will help not only to eliminate tachycardia, but also the emotional balance of a woman.
Treatment should also be conducted with courses lasting no more than 20 days. At the end of the course of treatment, you should take a break for 10 days.
You can also make tea to improve the functioning of the heart muscle. To make this tea, mix in equal proportions dried mint leaves, hawthorn fruits, valerian roots, motherwort grass, rose hips, oregano.
Brew this mixture, let it brew and strain. Tea on the basis of this mixture will be pleasant to the taste and help you to restore not only the work of the nervous system, but also mental balance. The use of this tea is particularly shown to patients suffering from tachycardia during pregnancy.
- Myocardial infarction symptoms in women
- Reduce pressure at home quickly