In the process of its evolution, man received many "awards" from nature. One of them is uprightness, which fundamentally distinguishes man from the rest of the animal world and gives him a lot of advantages. In connection with the vertical position, posture also appeared. Correct posture is not only beautiful, but also an indicator of both physical and psychological health. Violation of posture is a large group of acquired, and in some cases, congenital, conditions, not always pathological, which manifest themselves in various curvatures of the spine.
The issue of abnormal posture is especially topical today, as the modern way of life, the long pastime behind computer monitors, the lack of hygienic furniture standards in educational institutions and in offices lead to increased violations of posture not only in children, but also in adults.
The value of correct posture
First we will understand what is the correct posture, what is its meaning and function in human life. Each individual has only one( correct or pathological) posture. Posture is the habitual position of the human body in space( both in motion and at rest), which is formed and set at an unconscious level. As already mentioned, the posture appeared in connection with the evolution of man and is inherent only to him.
Signs of correct posture:
- the entire length of the spine has a vertical direction, the head looks straight;
- symmetrical arrangement of shoulder blades, shoulders, nipples;
- both clavicles are connected by a horizontal line;
- both buttocks are located on the same level;
- on the back there are no asymmetric skin folds;
- all physiological curves of the spine are in the normal range of values (no pathological lordosis, kyphosis);
- no lateral curvature of the spine( scoliosis);
- both feet are the same length.
Especially dangerous is the violation of posture in schoolchildren, since it is during this period that the spine is growing more actively than ever, and the impact of causative factors of posture disorder leads to pronounced deformities that are dangerous for the health of the child.
With a correct and beautiful posture, you will not only look impressive, but will also save your health
Functions that perform the correct posture:
- results in a uniform distribution of loads on the spinal column, which protects it from damage and various diseases;
- provides support for body balance and excellent coordination of movements;
- allows movements in joints with maximum amplitude;
- gives a person aesthetics;
- ensures the normal functioning of internal organs and their protection from external influences;
- posture is an external indicator of mental and physical health of a person;
- influences character formation.
Thus, one can imagine the consequences of a violation of posture.
What causes disruption of posture?
If you have wondered why there is a pathological posture, then there are several answers. The causes of this phenomenon can hide in organic pathological changes in the tissues of the spinal column, as a rule, this is observed in congenital diseases and diseases of the musculoskeletal system, as well as if the causative factor acts in early childhood, for example, rickets, birth trauma. In other cases, the violation of posture develops without any morphological changes in the spine - these are acquired disorders, which are mainly associated with a prolonged abnormal position of the body.
The main reasons for the violation of posture:
- congenital pathologies and other diseases with organic lesions of the vertebrae( tumors, tuberculosis infection, rickets, connective tissue diseases);
- traumatic spine injury;
- pathology of the auditory and visual apparatus( it constantly forces you to stretch towards the stimulus to better view or hear it);
- irrational working posture( for example, at a desk, in the office);
- uncomfortable clothing;
- poor development of the back muscles, which should serve as a support for the spine;
- work in poor conditions( insufficient lighting).
The cause of the number one violation of posture are long dynamic and static overvoltage, especially at the stage of growth and development of the spine in children( incorrect posture at the desk, at the table, a long stay at the computer, etc.).Therefore, the prevention of violations of posture in children is primarily an accustomed to a physiological working posture and physical exercises.
Prolonged incorrect working posture at the table is the main cause of the
posture disorder. Incorrect posture and its types
Depending on the curvature in any given plane( sagittal, frontal or mixed), and also on the type( pathological lordosis, kyphosis and scoliosis),distinguish certain types of violation of posture.
- kyphosis is the bend of the spine posterior, normally occurs in the thoracic region, if exceeds the existing normal values, it is considered pathological;
- lordosis - spinal column deflection forward, there is a physiological cervical and lumbar lordosis, if strongly pronounced - it is a pathology;
- scoliosis is the curvature of the spine to the side, depending on where the arc of scoliosis is open, the left-sided and right-sided are distinguished, in some cases S-shaped scoliosis occurs.
The main types of violation of posture are formed by a combination of the above distortions in varying degrees.
There are the following types of posture disorder:
- The stoop is based on the deepening of the thoracic kyphosis and flattening of the lumbar lordosis. Symptoms of stoop - reduction of shoulder joints, pterygoid scapula, bent head.
- Round back - it can be said that this is an extremely pronounced stoop( lack of lumbar lumbar region and a significant increase in the thorax kyphosis).With this distortion, the center of gravity moves and, so as not to fall, a person walks on half-bent legs. Among other signs - the slope of the pelvis is smaller, the head is bent, the shoulders are brought, the pterygoids, the arms hang, the stomach is bulging.
- Rounded back - all physiological vertebral bends increase. Legs can be, as half-bent, and overtrained in the knee joints, paddle-shaped scapulas, the head is pushed forward, the shoulders are brought, the abdomen is bulging.
- Flat back - develops when all physiological curves of the spine are flattened. The thoracic cavity is shifted forward, the stomach bulges. The main danger of a flat back is that when you move the shocks are not depreciated( no bends) and are transmitted straight to the base of the skull and brain - the risk of damage increases.
- Flat-bent back - flattening of the thorax kyphosis with normal or enlarged lumbar lordosis. The pelvis is displaced posteriorly, the legs are either half-bent, or there is an overgrowth in the knees, paddles are winglike.
- Scoliotic posture is a violation of posture in the front direction( all the previous ones are curvatures in the sagittal plane).It is characterized by a lateral curvature of the spine, all symmetrical lines of the body are broken. The difference that distinguishes scoliotic posture from scoliosis is the absence of vertebrae rotations around its axis.
The main types of posture disorder
Why is abnormal posture dangerous?
Posture disorder is not a disease, but it creates all predisposing conditions for the pathology of the spinal column, other structures of the musculoskeletal system, and also leads to disruption of the normal function of the internal organs of the thoracic and abdominal cavity.
Poor posture leads to early development and severe course of degenerative and dystrophic diseases, for example, osteochondrosis, deforming osteoarthrosis of knee and hip joints. Over time, the deformation of the chest, which leads to the restriction of excursions during breathing - the lungs and heart suffer, and their insufficiency develops. Muscles weaken and atrophy, this leads to disruption of the abdominal organs.
Therefore, if you suspect a wrong posture, you should consult an orthopedic doctor to create an individual treatment package, because the statement that posture can not be corrected is just the myth that the lazy people came up with.
To recognize the violation of posture is not difficult. Enough simple medical examination. The orthopedist, by one objective examination and several measurements, will be able to tell what kind of violation is involved. But, if there are difficulties, the doctor can offer X-ray examination of the spine.
Diagnosis of the violation of posture is easy - enough medical examination
Principles of treatment
For this problem, the phrase "treatment of posture disorder" is not entirely appropriate, it is better to use the term "posture correction", since incorrect posture is not a disease. You can cure only those curvatures that are caused by organic pathology, for example, trauma of the spine, its tuberculous lesion. In other cases( functional disorders), only non-drug correction of posture disorders is performed.
Video complex of exercises for posture correction:
Correction of posture includes the following treatment methods:
- wearing special orthopedic devices - corrective and supporting corsets;
- exercise therapy is the most important and effective method of correcting posture;
- massage in violation of posture is also very important, it allows to remove muscle spasm, to establish microcirculation and metabolic processes;
- should not forget about the physiotherapy procedures;
- constant observance of rational working posture.
The main principle of successful treatment of posture disorders is the regularity and duration of corrective methods - only in this case you can become the owner of a beautiful, correct and regal bearing.
Therapeutic gymnastics and yoga are the best variant of posture correction, both in children and adults
Prevention of posture disorders is very important and should be carried out by all children and adolescents without exception, as well as adults with an increased risk of deformities. No wonder they say that the best treatment is prevention.
Important preventive measures:
- provide adequate ergonomics for the workplace( good natural and piece lighting, comfortable furniture that fits the person's growth);
- monitor your working posture;
- sleep on an orthopedic pillow and a mattress;
- wearing orthopedic shoes and comfortable clothes that do not shackle the movement;
- correction and treatment of vision and hearing problems;
- optimal motor mode;
- prevention of injuries and other diseases of the spine;
- development of back muscles.
If from an early age to accustom a child to maintaining a correct posture, then as a result your child will be not only healthy, but also beautiful.
- The meaning of correct posture
- What causes disruption of posture?
- Wrong posture and its types
- Why is abnormal posture dangerous?
- Principles of treatment
- Preventive measures