Diprospan is a glucocorticoid drug for parenteral administration, which is a unique drug that combines a form of prolonged action and a high-speed substance. Thus, injections, Diprospan not only contribute to the rapid elimination of pathological symptoms, but also provide a long-term therapeutic effect.
What is Diprospan
The drug is part of the group of glucocorticosteroid agents. The active substance of injections of diprospan is betamethasone disodium phosphate, which provides the effectiveness of the therapeutic effect, and betamethasone dipropionate, which contributes to the prolongation of the drug for several weeks.
To date, Diprospan is one of the most effective and popular glucocorticoid drugs, which is used to treat the pathology of the musculoskeletal system. It is widely used for blockades in the pathology of the spine and various joints.
The preparation is produced in clear glass ampoules in the form of a suspension for injection of 1 ml. There are 2 versions of the package: 1 and 5 ampoules. The kit includes disposable syringes with 2 needles for the collection of medication from the ampoule and for administration.
Diprospan as a glucocorticoid drug has a powerful anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antiallergic effect. Therefore, the spectrum of its application is quite wide, but in most cases Diprospan is used for joints and spine.
Diprospan is available as an injection suspension
Indications for use
According to the instructions for use, Diprospan can be used in the following cases:
- inflammatory diseases of the structures of the musculoskeletal system( myositis, tenosynovitis, synovitis, bursitis);
- pain syndrome with arthrosis of the knee joint and other joints of the body( blockade of the knee joint);
- Diprospan in rheumatoid arthritis can effectively eliminate pain;
- injections help to eliminate joint pain in joints with gout and psoriasis;
- with osteochondrosis of the spine with persistent pain syndrome;
- conservative treatment of hygromas of any location;
- humeroscapular periarthritis( blockade of the shoulder joint);
- pain in the lumbar region, thoracic spine and neck;
- pain syndrome after suffered traumatic injuries;
- for osteochondrosis of any segment of the spine and its consequences( hernia of the spine);
- allergic reactions( insect bites, hay fever, hay fever, allergic rhinitis, hives, Quincke's edema);
- shock states of various genesis;
- attack of bronchial asthma;
- various skin diseases;
- systemic connective tissue diseases;
- treatment of leukemia;
- adrenal insufficiency;
- liver disease and liver failure.
Blockade of the spine with Diprospan perfectly eliminates pain
Method of administration and dose
Diprospan can be used for:
- intramuscular injection;
- injection into the joint;
- introduction to soft tissue near the joint( blockade);
- introduction into the synovial burs;
- intradermal application.
The drug is not intended for intravenous and subcutaneous administration. Dosing regimen and duration of therapy are determined in each case individually, depending on the disease and its severity.
For systemic therapy( intramuscular administration) Diprospan is used in an initial dose of 1-2 ml. Further treatment is carried out as needed, depending on the patient's condition.
But most often the drug is administered topically. In such cases, it is often used together with local anesthetics( lidocaine, procaine).Diprospan in the joint is administered in a dose of 0.5-2 ml. Approximate calculation of the dose, depending on the size of the joint:
- large - 1-2 ml;
- medium - 0.5-1 ml;
- small - 0,25-0,5 ml.
As a rule, the course of treatment is 1-5 injections with an interval of 1 week. After achieving the desired result, the dose of the drug should be gradually reduced to the minimum effective. And only after that you can try to cancel it completely. If the pathological symptoms return again, the dose of Diprospan is increased.
As a rule, 1-4 injections of Diprospan
are sufficient to eliminate acute pain. Side effects and contraindications
Diprospan, like any other glucocorticoid, has many side effects and contraindications to use.
Major side effects:
- metabolic disturbances in the body( increased sodium concentration, decreased potassium, obesity, development of alkalosis and lipomatosis);
- provoking the development of heart failure and increasing blood pressure;
- muscle weakness and loss of their mass, development of osteoporosis, provocation of bone fractures and tendon ruptures;
- development of gastritis and gastric ulcer, gastrointestinal bleeding;
- activation of latent infection, development of candidiasis, suppression of immunity;
- development of steroid acne, stretch marks on the skin;
- increased pressure inside the skull, seizures, headache, dizziness, insomnia;
- violation of the menstrual cycle in women, secondary adrenal insufficiency, steroid diabetes, Isenko-Cushing syndrome;
- provocation of cataract, glaucoma, exophthalmos;
- allergic reactions, up to anaphylactic shock.
The incidence of adverse events, as well as their degree of severity, depends on the method of administration of the drug and duration. As a rule, all side effects are well eliminated by reducing the dose of the drug.
These stretch marks can be a side effect of the long-term use of Diprospan
Introduction Diprospan is contraindicated:
- with systemic mycosis lesions;
- for I / O and S / W applications;
- for injections into the joint with infectious arthritis, instability of articulation associated with the pathology of the ligament apparatus;
- with skin infection at the injection site;
- in children up to 3 years;
- with hypersensitivity to this drug or other glucocorticoids;
- if there are systemic parasitic and infectious diseases;
- in the state of immunodeficiency;
- after vaccination;
- for diseases of HCC;
- for arterial hypertension, severe heart failure;
- for diabetes, thyrotoxicosis, Itenko-Cushing's disease;
- with kidney failure;
- for osteoporosis.
Usage during pregnancy and lactation
To date, there is no evidence of possible risks to the fetus when using the mother of the drug Diprospan, since no studies have been performed. Taking this into consideration, such treatment is contraindicated and can be used in exceptional cases when the benefit to the mother exceeds the risk for her unborn child.
If you need to use DiSpipan injections in nursing mothers, you should consider switching to artificial feeding, since the penetration of the drug into breast milk and its negative impact on the baby has not been studied.
Pregnant women are not allowed to use Diprospan
As a rule, exceeding the dose of the drug does not lead to conditions that threaten life. If very high doses are used in diabetes, glaucoma, acute peptic ulcer disease, conditions that require emergency care can develop.
Terms of sale
Diprospan is part of the group of prescription drugs and is dispensed from the pharmacy strictly according to the doctor's prescription.
Price and analogues
The average price for injections of Diprospan for one ampoule varies between 325-400 rubles, for a package of 5 ampoules - 1000-1200 rubles.
Analogs of Diprospan:
- Betaspan Depot,
- Betamethasone Norton,
Reviews of injections Diprospan
Lyudmila, 25 years old : "My father has been suffering from rheumatoid arthritis for 25 years. Despite the basic therapy, it is very hard for the constant pain in the ankles and elbows. The attending physician ordered him to do injections of diprospan into the joints. Do 1 injection in each painful joint once every 3 weeks. The state of health has significantly improved, the pain has practically passed. "
Nina Ivanovna, 62 years old : "I have been suffering from arthrosis of knee joints for 10 years. Problems began with the onset of menopause. I tried various painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs, but the pain still did not leave. I had to start walking with a cane. My friend advised me to try Dikspapan intra-articular injections. Relief noted after only 1 injection, after 3 pain and completely gone. On this I stopped treatment, but, unfortunately, the pain returned again after 2 months. Conclusion: the medicine is excellent, but only short-term effect. "
Oleg, 40 years old :" Due to my professional activity, I am suffering from osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine since my youth. Pain constant, analgesics and NSAIDs eliminate pain syndrome for only a few hours. The doctor advised to make a blockade of the spine with anesthetics and Diprospan. Immediately after the first injection, the pain significantly decreased, began to move more freely. The full course of treatment was 4 injections. It's been 2 months now, and the pain does not come back. However, he began to practice physical therapy because the injections are too expensive. "
In conclusion, it should be noted that Diprospan is an excellent assistant in the fight against acute pain syndrome and inflammation, especially in case of pathology of the musculoskeletal system. But do not forget that this is only a symptomatic remedy. Although it removes acute symptoms, it often fails to eliminate the true cause of pain. Therefore, such therapy should be prescribed only in emergency cases and never replace therapeutic exercise and other basic medical measures.
- What is Diprospan
- Indications for use
- How to use and dose
- Side effects and contraindications
- Usage during pregnancy and lactation
- Terms of sale
- Price and analogues
- Reviews on injections Diprospan