Beetroot is very usefuland a delicious vegetable. But very few people know that this bordea root is an excellent cosmetology tool. Mask of beetroot for the face will give your skin a fresh, well-groomed look. And the ingredients will need the simplest!
How the beet affects the skin
Not without reason ancient beauties rubbed their cheeks with beets. At that time, this action had a decorative purpose, thanks to its coloring properties, it replaced the blush girls. But later, when it was possible to find out the composition of the substances that are in the beet, it became clear that the beetroot mask can have a very positive effect on the face.
Vitamins and elements that are part of beets, work in such a way that they maintain tone, and, therefore, rejuvenate, have medicinal properties.
- Potassium is responsible for metabolic processes in the body. If your face is dry and flaky, then perhaps you are missing this particular mineral.
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant that binds dangerous substances that arise under the influence of various unfavorable factors. The presence of these substances makes the skin dry, leading to cracks and wrinkles. Thanks to vitamin C, aging processes are significantly suspended.
- Curcumin cleanses the skin, has an anti-inflammatory effect, thereby reducing the risk of various ulcers.
- Pectins also have an antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effect. They bind and remove allergens or toxins, which allows to restore the health of the person.
- Fiber improves complexion, makes its surface smoother, helps reduce rashes.
- Betaine effectively moisturizes, since it keeps water in its cells for a long time, increases resistance to negative effects.
Indications and contraindications for use of beet masks.
All those utilities, which we mentioned above, allow us to consider beets as a wonderful cosmetic. After all, a beet mask positively affects a variety of skin types:
- actively moisturizes dry;
- reduces inflammation and clears the problem;
- tones up, tightens flabby and tired;
- normalizes the production of sebaceous glands fatty;
- feeds and improves color of normal or combined.
Popular and effective recipes for beet masks
When choosing a recipe for a beet mask, be sure to consider the features and type of your skin. It is very desirable to avoid allergic reactions before applying the mask to the whole face, to test its effect on a small area on the wrist or elbow bend. Always remember the important rule, when applying any mask, avoid the area around the eyes.
Mask for oily skin
It is necessary to boil the beetroot, grate it on a fine grater. Mix 2 tablespoons of formed gruel with 1 teaspoon of camphor alcohol. Apply the mixture to a cleaned face for 20-30 minutes. After that, rinse with cool water. Do this mask is 2-3 times a week for a month.
Herbal mask for dry skin
Boil the beets for two hours, then grate. Mix a tablespoon of gruel with the same amount of milk. Add a teaspoon of aloe juice and St. John's wort. Repeat 2-3 times a week.
Mask for normal skin
A tablespoon of grated fresh beets mixed with a teaspoon of sour cream, one egg yolk.
Mask for problem skin
Mix three tablespoons of beet juice with a tablespoon of grated raw potatoes. Add a tablespoon of wheat flour.
Scrub for all skin types
Wet the beetroot on a grater, mix with oat flakes in a ratio of one to three. Apply the mixture in a thick layer to a clean, steamed face. After 7-10 minutes rinse with warm water.
As you can see, the beetroot mask is almost universal. But she has some contraindications. Because of the large content of vitamin C, do not apply a mask to an open wound or a heavily inflamed area. You should also keep this in mind if you are allergic to vitamin C. Beetroot can give a very strong coloring effect, so it is not recommended to overdo it on the face to avoid excessive staining of the skin.
Super effective lifting facial mask:
video Useful information: