Hello dear readers. Pumpkin, good and harm, today we will talk about a miracle pumpkin vegetable. Although so far, scientists have not decided what a pumpkin, vegetable or berry. We have been accustomed to call it a vegetable since childhood, so let's leave it to the scientists, and we'll see the irrefutable properties of the pumpkin. Pumpkin is very useful for our health. Useful in pumpkin and seeds and the pumpkin itself. Pumpkin is stewed, baked, cooked from it porridge. Pumpkin is suitable for dietary and baby food. Pumpkin is stored for a long time, so you can store it for future use, but if you grow a pumpkin in the garden, it is generally wonderful. I really like a pumpkin baked in the oven with honey, and I also love milk porridge made from a pumpkin. Now is the pumpkin season.
Pumpkin cultivation began in North America about 4-5 thousand years ago. She was fried in a fire, cooked, removed the seeds and filled her inside with milk.
Calorie pumpkin per 100 grams only 22 kcal, as you see the pumpkin is very low calorie. Therefore, pumpkin is simply an indispensable product for those who want to lose weight, as well as obesity.
Pumpkin is good and bad.
- Pumpkin contains a huge amount of vitamin A( carotene).And by the amount of carotene the pumpkin is equated with carrots.
- Pumpkin has a laxative effect.
- Pumpkin removes toxins from the body.
- Improves metabolic processes occurring in the body.
- Especially valuable is the pumpkin in that it contains vitamin K, which promotes blood clotting, this vitamin is practically absent in other vegetables.
- Pumpkin champion among vegetables for iron content.
- As the pumpkin contains a lot of potassium, pumpkin is useful to include in the diet of people with cardiovascular diseases, as potassium relieves of edema, helps strengthen the blood vessels, improves the work of our heart.
- Also rich in pumpkin vitamin C, E, PP, B1, B2.
- The pumpkin contains iron, magnesium, potassium, cobalt, fluorine, silicon, zinc, copper.
- And due to the content of fiber and organic acids in pumpkin, a pumpkin can be used for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Pumpkin is very useful in anemia( reduced hemoglobin in the blood).About what products promote hemoglobin in the blood can be read in my article "What foods increase hemoglobin in the blood."
- Pumpkin is useful in diseases of the liver.
- Pumpkin consumption improves potency, as there are zinc in the composition.
- And also about the benefits of pumpkin should not be forgotten by pregnant women.
- The use of pumpkin in food perfectly strengthens our immunity, and also it is a source of vitamins and microcells.
- Pumpkin juice is a good remedy for constipation.
- Crude pumpkin pulp improves the functioning of the gallbladder.
- But pumpkin seeds are used to treat worms in children.
- Pumpkin is useful in hypertension, and fresh pumpkin juice also calms the nervous system.
- With eczema, burns and other skin diseases apply compresses from grated pumpkin.
- With caution to pumpkin should be treated with diabetes.
- With diarrhea, with intestinal disorders the pumpkin is contraindicated.
- With individual intolerance of pumpkin or allergy to pumpkin.
Pumpkin good and bad you know. Eat pumpkin on health. Cook from it delicious food. In order not to lose all the useful properties of a pumpkin, it must be stored in a cellar. If there are no such conditions for storage, then a cool pantry or glazed loggia is quite suitable.