Do you or your child have blood clots along with sniffles? The phenomenon is not very pleasant and even frightening, however, this does not always indicate a serious problem in the body, and the nature and type of secretions directly depends on the cause that caused this state.
Common mechanism for the appearance of
Why can blood appear in the snot? The thing is that the mucous membrane of a person's nose contains in addition to the epithelium, a large number of capillary structures - rather small blood vessels. If some of them are damaged for some reason, then the inside of the blood seeps into the secretions. It is noteworthy that this problem can manifest itself both in patients and in absolutely healthy people who have "weak" vessel walls.
It should also be noted that there is a huge difference between classic snot with blood and direct bleeding: in the first of cases, there is little discharge and they are episodic, secondly, blood flows abundantly and for a long time from the nasal apertures - here, as a rule,assistance.
Snot with blood in adults. What to do?
Snot with blood is not a disease, but a symptom that indicates a number of possible problems. The most common cause of damage to the capillaries of the nasal mucosa, doctors call household factors - it is a lack of moisture in the room during sleep, especially in winter, if you use heaters.
Also, the above symptom is manifested with a general weakening of immunity in humans, resulting in a decrease in the strength of the walls of the vessels. The inducing risk factor in this situation can serve as an ordinary cold or other minor illness, as well as a certain physiological condition, for example, pregnancy.
Rarely, spotting from the nose indicates a course in the nasal sinuses, inflammatory processes, in particular, sinusitis - in this case you will need mandatory consultation with an ENT doctor, as well as outpatient treatment that includes a course of antibiotic therapy, taking other medications, puncturingand a variety of physiotherapy procedures.
If the problem is caused by physiological factors, the following actions can be taken:
- Regularly ventilate the room where you sleep before going to bed.
- Install the ionizer and humidifier in the house.
- Rinse your nose with special decoctions and tinctures of medicinal plants, as well as wound healing fluids.
- Before leaving the house, pat the nostrils with medical petroleum jelly.
- Apply moderate exercise, which can help normalize blood circulation.
- Drink decoctions of such famous plants as rose hips and nettles, and also take internally other folk remedies that strengthen the walls of blood vessels.
Snot with blood in children. Than to treat?
In children in early and middle age, this symptom can occur quite often, because the capillary walls of the nasal mucosa are much weaker in them than in adults and only form, so that mucous sores with bloody inclusions can occur even due to small damage to the mucosa, for example, If the child is very hard at the nose.
Possible causes of
- Mechanical damage to the capillaries on the mucosa during self-manipulation in the nose with a finger or foreign object. In this case, the mucous membrane itself can be completely intact, and blood stains appear due to infiltration into the slime of liquid through thin capillary walls.
- Fragile vessels. A frequent cause of fragility of blood vessels is a deficiency of vitamin C in the baby's diet.
- Too dry mucous membrane. This process is caused by both domestic( lack of the necessary level of humidity in the room), and drug( constant use of nasal drops) factors.
- Viral infections. With acute respiratory viral infection and flu, the children undergo a rapid temporary thinning of the nasal mucosa, and the capillaries begin to burst actively.
- Intracranial pressure is a serious problem requiring immediate attention to the pediatrician and further - to the specialist-doctor.
- Short-term spasms of the vessels of the head. Most often occur with strong physical loads, climate change or altitude( for example, climbing mountains), as well as a sudden change in ambient temperature. Cope with this problem will help spazmoletiki type drotaverina.
Options for symptomatology
Bloody discharge from the nose can be different and in appearance they can diagnose a possible problem, which led to the appearance of a symptom.
Green snot with blood
In the first days of excretion are transparent, and then they begin to thicken and green? This indicates the presence in the nasopharynx, bacterial or viral-bacterial infection. If the green color is faded, then it is worth trying regularly, several times a day, rinse your nose with brine and more often go out into the fresh air. If the condition worsens and the discharge becomes saturated with a green color with an increase in the number of blood clots, you should promptly contact an ENT doctor who will perform a comprehensive diagnosis, prescribe appropriate medication, or send to a hospital if there is suspicion of a meningococcal, staphylococcal or other acute infection.
Yellow snot with blood
Copious discharge from the nose of yellow and orange with splashes of blood are caused, as a rule, by acute inflammation of the upper respiratory tract and damage to them, capillary vessels on the nasal mucosa. In sinuses, pathological fluids accumulate, the healing process is significantly slowed down. With prolonged runny nose of this type, urgent hospitalization is often required, especially when it comes to a child.
In the early stages, the washing of the nose with tinctures of chamomile, nettle, calendula, grapes, burdock and plantain will help to overcome the problem.
Snot with blood in the mornings
Mucus leaving the morning in a transparent color with bloody impregnations usually does not indicate the presence of a serious disease and is a consequence of too weak and fragile vessels, as well as strongly overdried air in the room. Try to buy and put in the house a humidifier, regularly ventilate the apartment before going to bed and use the winter heaters not with an open spiral. It will not be superfluous to use special ointments that create a nasal passage in the nasal cavity, a protective layer that prevents the regular involuntary destruction of individual capillaries.
Thick and purulent snot with blood
Dense bleeding of whitish color is usually an indicator of the presence in the body of any allergen that causes this kind of snot. If it has a pronounced purulent nature, then it is considered one of the basic signs of acute sinusitis.
In all of the above cases it is necessary to contact an ENT doctor: most likely, you will need antihistamine or antibacterial therapy, pumping out pus out with punctures, as well as long-term physiotherapy.
Doctor Komarovsky about the means and methods of treatment of the common cold in children
Keep up your health and hurt as little as possible!