Inflammation of the gastric mucosa, popularly known as gastritis, is a fairly common disease in our time. Up to 9/10 of the world's population are at least once faced with this disease during their lifetime. The majority of elderly people suffer from gastritis in various forms. Also, a disease that occurs in a chronic form, over time, can trigger the appearance of other diseases of the stomach: ulcer, cancer.
- 1 Causes of gastritis
- 2 Symptoms of gastritis development
- 3 Treatment of gastritis
- 4 Traditional medicine for gastritis
- 4.1 Means for high gastric acidity.
Causes of gastritis
Gastritis is one of the most common stomach diseases. It is an inflammatory process, localized in the outer layers of the gastric mucosa. As a result of gastritis, the body begins to function worse, which leads to a deterioration in digestion in the patient, a general deterioration in his health. As in the case of many other diseases, gastritis is distinguished for acute and chronic forms.
The main cause of the development of this disease is considered the bacteria Helicobacter pylori. Almost 85% of all reported cases of the disease developed as a result of infection of the organism of a patient with this type of bacteria.
A rare cause of gastritis is its autoimmune form. As a result of disruption of the normal functions of the patient's immune system, his body produces substances that damage the stomach. Autoimmune gastritis is often accompanied by a low level of hemoglobin in the blood.
A significant role in the development of the disease of this form is attributed to factors of heredity. The exposure of various toxic substances to the gastric mucosa for a long time can provoke the development of the chemical form of the disease. It can occur after operations on the stomach, if it gets bile.
Bile acids, as well as other "aggressive" components, negatively affect the mucous membrane of the organ, gradually damaging it and provoking the disease. Also, the disease can occur due to regular use of strong alcohol, long-term use of certain drugs, or after removing a part of the stomach.
Gastritis is one of the most common gastrointestinal diseases. This disease occurs in various forms, depending on the causes that provoke its development. The main cause of the disease is considered to be the infection of a person with a certain type of bacteria.
You will also be introduced to the causes of gastritis:
Symptoms of gastritis development
Inflammation of the external tissues of the stomach is manifested in various signs, which in some cases are quite vague. The main symptom can be considered a pain sensation in the solar plexus area, which is exacerbated by taking certain dishes, taking certain liquids or medicines that are aggressive towards the mucous membrane of the organ.
Sometimes, pain can be manifested in the opposite way between meals, and after receiving it dull. Sharp dishes, alcohol, and also carbonated drinks lead to an exacerbation of the disease and therefore their intake during gastritis is contraindicated. In addition to feeling pain, the patient is tormented by symptoms such as eructation, vomiting and heartburn.
Often there is a swelling. At least two of these symptoms, appearing against the background of pain, are likely to talk about the development of gastritis. It is much more difficult to determine the disease in a chronic form. For a long time the main signs of the disease can be:
- irregular stool
- plaque in the language
- increased fatigue
- "rumbling" in the abdomen
Chronic gastritis is often not bright displays and manifests itself only in a decrease in the overall quality of life of the patient. The mild forms of the disease are characterized by disturbances in the stool, and severe forms with anemia, frequent gas escape, and unpleasant odor from the mouth. Depending on the state of the acidic environment of the stomach, the symptoms of the disease are somewhat different. Thus, at high acidity, note the following signs:
- pain in the middle of hypochondria, which take place after receiving
- food diarrhea
- heartburn after taking
- acidic foods frequent belching
low acidity characterized by symptoms:
- unpleasant sensation in the mouth
- feeling of heaviness in the stomach, postprandial
- rumbling stomach feeling of nausea
- irregularity of defecation
- bad breath
Chronic gastritis duringexacerbations, has such characteristic signs:
- constant pain sensations in the field of a solar sensation, or pains arising with some periodicity. They can be amplified either by ingestion or vice versa, if over time the patient Fast
- metallic taste in the mouth, burping air,
- frequent nausea morning, vomiting
- general weakness, increased salivation
- symptoms of dyspepsia
- burning in the region of the sternum,heartburn
- dizziness, tachycardia
particularly severe form of the disease characterized by vomiting, in which there are blood clots, or the contents of which is black. Hemorrhages in the stomach are manifested by the appearance of feces of black color. In some cases, only a special medical examination can determine the presence of bleeding in the stomach. A large loss of blood to the patient manifests itself in the form of pale skin and mucous membranes, noise in the ears and dizziness.
A common symptom for all forms of the disease is the pain sensation in the solar plexus area. The remaining symptoms, although they have some similarity, but still differ somewhat depending on the form of the disease. Chronic gastritis, against the background of other forms, is the least pronounced.
treatment of gastritis
If there are any signs of the disease should immediately seek help from a specialist. Since gastritis does not have specific symptoms, only a doctor specializing in this can perform an accurate diagnosis and rational treatment of the disease. During the clarification of the diagnosis, as well as determining the form of the disease, the following examinations can be performed:
- biopsy of the gastric mucosa
- analysis of gastric secretion
Special blood tests are also prescribed to detect anemia or the presence of bacteria that cause gastritis. X-rays of various parts of the abdominal cavity and other tests may be prescribed.
Therapy for chronic gastritis is based on the following four parts:
- of the special
- diet of medicines that restore the acidity of the stomach
- of medicines affecting the regeneration of damaged tissues of the
- body of medicines aimed at fighting bacteria( in case of detection of antibodies to Helicobacter pylori)
In turn, the patient also plays an important role in the treatment of the disease. He needs to carefully follow the prescription of a specialist: adhere to a diet and take a responsible attitude to taking medications.
A special diet is prescribed depending on the acidity of the stomach. The most common form of the disease, characterized by high acidity.
In this case, the patient is assigned frequent fractional meals at a certain time. From the diet, dishes that cause increased production of gastric juice are excluded. These include various broths, especially meat. They are replaced with lean or milk soups that neutralize the acidity of the stomach.
The patient is not allowed to drink alcohol, strong coffee or tea, because these drinks also increase gastric secretion. In contrast, sweet fruit juices, mineral waters, cocoa and jelly perfectly cope with the signs of the disease. Also, the patient will have to give up sharp, smoked, pickled and fried dishes.
The diet with reduced gastric acidity also excludes the taking of spicy and smoked food, as it irritates the mucous membrane of the body. Different broths, in contrast to the previous case, are shown in reverse, as they increase the secretion of gastric juice. From the diet excluded dishes and foods that are long digested in the stomach. They mainly include various pastries.
Reasonable treatment of gastritis can be prescribed exclusively by a specialist, after diagnosing the disease and accurately determining its form. In addition to various medications, the doctor also prescribes a special diet, which may differ depending on the form of the disease. The patient remains only responsible to follow these prescriptions.
Traditional medicine for gastritis
In the treatment of gastritis, traditional treatment, including medication and a special diet, can be supplemented with some traditional medicine. They can effectively complement therapy, but before using them, it is advisable to consult with your doctor.
- Green apples. The fruit must be peeled, grinded and eaten. After eating this gruel from apples, you can not eat for several hours, so its reception is recommended in the morning. The first month should be taken apples daily, and the second will be enough and three times a week, the third - it will be enough once, but you need to monitor the regularity of their reception.
- Decoction of oats. Five liters of sour milk should be brought to a boil, but do not expose it to prolonged boiling. Separating cottage cheese from whey, it is necessary to boil in it an oats in the ratio of five to one( 5 parts of the liquid, 1 - oats) for 3 hours. After the broth cools, it must be filtered, oats should be thrown away. To it add 300 g of honey, 125 g of alcohol and put the resulting drink in the refrigerator. You must consume it 30 g for 15 minutes before meals three times a day.
Remedies for high acidity of the stomach.
- Oil. In the morning, before eating, you need to drink two glasses of cool water, it will help to awaken the stomach. On an empty stomach it is necessary to take a tablespoon of any vegetable oil, only not refined and one that does not get bitter, one to three times a day. Treatment should be manifested in two weeks, and for prevention it can be continued for a couple of months.
- Honey with milk. Stirred in warm milk honey is a good medicine for severe pain in the stomach. Honey is put in the volume of two tablespoons for one glass of milk.
There are also many other folk remedies, including treatment with various vegetables, fruits and herbs. Various drugs are effective in various forms of the disease.
Traditional medicine for gastritis can be used only after consultation with the attending physician. They can both effectively supplement conventional therapy, but also worsen it if used improperly.
Inflammation of the gastric mucosa - gastritis - a disease that can appear for various reasons. The main symptom of the disease is pain in the solar plexus. The main type of bacteria is a special kind of bacteria, but there are also other causes. Depending on the form of the disease, the attending physician appoints a certain set of medicines supplemented with a special diet.
Tell a friend! Tell about this article to your friends in your favorite social network using social buttons. Thank you!