Hello, dear readers. Today we will talk with you about a small berry, called blueberry. I want to tell you useful properties of blueberries, application, treatment, contraindications. Here and at us in the markets there were small dark blue berries of a bilberry. I bought some blueberries today, brought them home and immediately took pictures of it. I wanted to share with you information about blueberries. I really love blueberries and every year I look forward to the appearance of these berries, they are very useful. I try to eat blueberries in fresh form, and only then jelly, compote from it I cook, I freeze. After all, blueberries, well, just a storehouse of nutrients and vitamins. But, not only blueberries are useful, but also leaves and seeds. And people say that blueberries can cure many diseases and it's true, because it's not for nothing that they use it so widely in folk medicine.
Blueberry berries are globular, dark blue, and their color is closer to black, because it's not for nothing that blueberries are called blueberries. The taste of the berries is very pleasant, sweet, with a light sourness. Today, while the blueberry washed, my fingers were painted in a dark blue color. Yes, this is probably the only disadvantage of blueberries, in that the berries color blue not only hands, but also the tongue, teeth and lips. I know that blueberries are very good at painting Easter eggs, they turn out to be blue, but the main thing is a natural dye, this is much better than any chemistry.
Now I want to tell you what is so valuable a small, round berries of blueberries.
Blueberries. Beneficial features.
- Blueberries are very useful for vision, it strengthens not only the retina of the eye, but also improves visual acuity.
- Regular consumption of blueberries improves memory.
- Contains blueberries are just a storehouse of vitamins and nutrients such as tannins, organic acids, essential oil, glucose, sucrose and fructose, as well as magnesium, sodium, iron, phosphorus, potassium and vitamins A, C, P, B1, B2,B6, B9.
- Contain blueberry berries are plant insulin, so that they are useful in diabetes.
- Blueberries are also a wonderful natural antiseptic.
- I use blueberries for intestinal disorders, especially in children, since blueberries have fixing properties, they are used for diarrhea. For example, I give children a jelly or compote of blueberries, in cases of an intestinal disorder.
- Blueberry is good for the liver.
- Improves metabolic processes occurring in our body.
- Another useful property of blueberries, it is useful to eat berries at a loss of strength, with beriberi.
- Apply blueberries and gastritis with low acidity.
- Blueberry is useful for pregnant women, as it is very rich in useful substances and vitamins.
- With reduced hemoglobin, blueberries are simply indispensable, because per 100 grams of the product contains 6800 μg of iron. And what other foods increase hemoglobin in the blood, you can find out by reading my article here.
- Also in 100 grams of blueberries contains a daily dose of vitamin C.
- But, thanks to the fact that blueberries contain pectins, it helps to remove toxins, slag and heavy metal salts from the body.
- Blueberries are one of the important products that rejuvenate our body.
- Blueberries are also perfectly cleansing our blood.
- More berries strengthen the walls of our vessels and improve blood circulation.
- Blueberries well strengthen our immunity.
How to store blueberries?
Here, for example, I store it in a container in the refrigerator. Before eating, I pour a small portion of bilberries and mine. So blueberries are perfectly stored for three days in the fridge. And if there are a lot of blueberries, then it can be scattered on small kulichkam and freeze, you can cook jam for it from winter. You can dry the berries of blueberries, and then in the winter prepare a delicious and fragrant tea from them.
My children still like blueberries in yogurt to add sour cream or in ordinary kefir and a little honey to taste. So, as the bilberry is a seasonal berry, it is better to eat it fresh in order to replenish the stores of vitamins in the body, and of course to prepare for future use.
What is the caloric value of blueberries?
In 100 grams of berries contains only 40 calories. This berry is very low in calories.
- You should not abuse blueberries for people with pancreatic disease.
- For allergies or individual intolerance to blueberries, it is better not to use it.
- Blueberries are contraindicated in an axaluria. This is excretion in urine of salts of oxalic acid.
But, not only berries, but also leaves are useful in blueberry. You can collect the leaves and dry them. Usually the time from harvesting is the end of May, the beginning of June. But, we, unfortunately, do not grow blueberries, so I buy leaves at the pharmacy.
What are the beneficial properties of blueberry leaves?
They have hemostatic, choleretic, diuretic and astringent action. Bilberry leaves excellently remove inflammation of the gums, they are brewed and rinse the mouth. My grandfather also used them to reduce blood sugar, as the leaves of blueberries reduce blood sugar levels and are very useful in a disease such as diabetes mellitus.
Blueberries in Diabetes. We need dry and shredded blueberry leaves. We take one tablespoon of leaves and fill them with one glass of boiling water, we insist 20 minutes, and then filter. We take fifty grams of infusion three times a day two hours after eating.
General restorative tea. Blueberry berries dry or fresh can be poured with boiling water, insist and drink infusion as tea. Such tea is fortifying and perfectly helps to strengthen our immunity.
Also every day eat 200 grams of fresh blueberries per season. After all, fresh bilberry is much more useful than frozen or in the form of jam, all useful substances and vitamins are stored in it.
Blueberries in anemia. Spoon the berries of blueberries with boiling water and insist for about thirty minutes. Drink an infusion of blueberries on a glass twice a day in the morning and in the evening. It is also very useful to eat fresh berries, every day at least a gram of 100.
Blueberries with gastritis. Take 2 tablespoons of berries and fill them with 250 grams of water, simmer for about five minutes, then insist for fifteen minutes. Take fifty grams of infusion before meals for twenty minutes.
Blueberries for colds. Pour a handful of blueberries on the floor with a liter of boiling water and put on a slow fire for 5 minutes, then leave the broth to infuse for fifteen minutes. Drink the broth like tea, during the day is very tasty and healthy, and helps to cope with the first signs of a cold.
Blueberries are not only delicious, but also useful berries, now you also know the useful properties of this small and round berries. Eat blueberries for health.