Did you know that your testosterone level can predict how much fat will be in your body, and how much muscle mass? Or can it also predict your chances of winning the race, football, tennis match, in the combat sport, or even decide the outcome of a street fight?
All this is true, and it works for both men and women.
A study on the utility of testosterone on the human
and the chances of becoming a "winner" revealed the following:
• The amount of free testosterone in the blood before the competition increases. Also its quantity grows directly during the competitions themselves.
Indicators of energy and strength are strongly associated with the level of free testosterone before the competition. Apparently, the athlete's productivity depends on his ability to produce testosterone in such periods and benefit from it.
• Among professional football players, more free testosterone was observed during training and games on weekends. And this gave more chances to win these days. A lowered level of free testosterone increased the chances of losing. This suggests that measuring the level of testosterone, coaches and athletes can assess the willingness to play well or compete at any other days of the week. And also, shows that it is possible to change the schedule and intensity of training so that the days of competition fall on those when the athletes have a higher testosterone level. To do this, you need to distribute correctly, when you need to create additional stress in training, and when you need rest.
• In experienced women's netball players( female sport, hybrid of football and basketball) performing bench press and squats before training games affects the constant level of testosterone. Female athletes also have a link between testosterone levels and increased motivation, attitudes to participation and victory.
• In the professional men's sprint triathlon, the use of testosterone is also visible in increasing the performance of athletes. An important role in this is played by the level of cortisol( "stress hormone", which can be called in some sense "anti-testosterone").It can underestimate the use of testosterone for an athlete. The more cortisol in the body - the less testosterone will bring the athlete.
Other studies on the effect of cortisol on athlete performance show that, at least in less experienced athletes, this hormone has a strong negative impact on it. This is due to them with a sense of tension, anxiety and hostility, which reduces their performance in competitions.
It is believed that experienced athletes better cope with these negative emotions, which reduces the production of cortisol and leads to better results.
• Inside the team, athletes who could sit down twice as heavily as their own, before training, had a natural testosterone level higher than those who could sit down with a mass not exceeding 1.9 of their own weight. Researchers believe that stronger athletes have better ability to regulate hormone production in response to training and competition.
• Comparison of the level of testosterone and cortisol in the "elite" and "non-elite" women of athletes before the training showed the following trend: the "elite" female athletes have a greater level of free testosterone in the blood. He was stably higher by 112% among "elite" female athletes than in not such promising ones. The use of testosterone was manifested in their influence on increasing competitiveness and speed indicators.
• It is interesting that the use of testosterone is manifested even in the impact on the income of traders on financial exchanges. And this indicates the connection between testosterone and wealth. Although personally my opinion( the author zdorovko.info), that this is due primarily to their willingness to take risks because of greater confidence in their abilities. This is manifested not only the use of testosterone, because unjustified risk can lead to losses on the stock exchange.
• The use of testosterone is also manifested in the effect of its level on the life expectancy of men. This is due to the ability of this hormone to greatly affect the body composition: a higher level of testosterone means that you will have less fat and more muscle mass. At the same time, an opposite effect is exerted by the hormone estrogen on men.
How can I get a benefit from testosterone? Is this a genetic phenomenon or can it be affected? Is it possible to increase testosterone proper nutrition and supplements? Although much is still unknown, here are a few methods to get the benefit of testosterone.
- 1 1. Train strength and endurance for more testosterone production
- 2 2. Compete publicly
- 3 3. Do not perform incompatible types of training
- 4 BOTTOM
1. Train strength and endurance for greater testosterone production
More trained athletes, who have better strengths andendurance, as a rule, have a higher level of testosterone. They are also more developed before the competition. Scientists believe that, as these athletes trained more and gave themselves more serious loads, depleting the body and nervous system. In response, their hormonal systems have adapted to produce testosterone more and to benefit from it.
For a long time it was believed that training with lifting weights and high intensity of these exercises make the body produce "anabolic" hormones in response, which build muscles. That is, it was assumed that the testosterone produced by the body worked like anabolic. Recent research shows that testosterone, produced by the body, does not have strictly anabolic properties, that is, it does not directly affect the buildup of muscles. But the use of testosterone for athletes is that it interacts with the neuromuscular system and helps make training more efficient and improve the results of the competition.
But still, high doses of testosterone, like growth hormone, undoubtedly work like anabolics, that's why they are accepted by athletes. But recent studies show that naturally produced testosterone, even with additional stress, does not do much good directly in building muscle mass.
How to use this testosterone benefit: Strength training. It is necessary to correctly divide classes for periods that include weight training with lifting of gravity. Maximum force should be applied in these exercises. It should be remembered about the example above, that testosterone levels are higher for those who can lift the weight in 2 p.above his, when performing squats( deadlift).
According to the results of the research, the program of classes in cycles, which include training to increase muscle mass and increase metabolism, plays a role in mobilizing energy reserves. These reserves are depleted during training fights( sparring) or aerobics.
2. Competing in public
The relationship between testosterone and potential in sports can be explained as a behavioral mechanism. The fact is that the use of testosterone is manifested in increasing the desire to compete. And it forces to produce more effective trainings and competitions. Also, the desire to compete can increase the motivation to win and increase the ability to produce testosterone at critical moments in order to ensure victory. The level of this ability, most likely, depends on genetics and manifests itself in people in different ways.
For example, members of the division of wrestlers who won their fights had a higher level of testosterone before the match than the losers. Researchers believe that a greater level of testosterone can be achieved thanks to many years of experience in the competitions at which its increased production occurs in a short period of time, and so time after time. For example, this is the case in freestyle wrestling tournaments or other battles.
The use of testosterone is that its amount, which is produced in one match, probably influences the athlete's hormonal background in subsequent matches, and the overall set of victories or defeats.
In addition, the winners have an aggressive behavior and the desire for social dominance during sports competitions. Whether this is a developed behavior, or the natural dominance of a stronger athlete over a weak one is unclear. Therefore, to speak about the use of testosterone, a high level of which can be a partial cause of this, is also not possible here. Nevertheless, it is likely that the long-term effect of testosterone emissions in the competition many times, improves the ability to cope with emotions.
How to use this testosterone benefit: Participate in competition. That is, if you are doing sports, train for beauty or strength, then a strong additional effect will give
a manifestation of itself in competition publicly - participation in competitions. Take part in a football game, volleyball or basketball competitions, races or triathlons, or even in competitions in the gym or yard to lift weights or the amount of pull-ups. The main thing is to compete with living people, and competition and excitement will lead to additional development of testosterone. Everyone knows that it is more difficult to play sports alone, and participation in competition, especially with viewers, will help ensure the use of testosterone.
At least, you should always have measurable goals in your training, and also have a partner to push each other.
3. Do not perform incompatible types of training
Perhaps one of the worst things that can be done when trying to improve their competitiveness through the use of testosterone is to perform incompatible exercises in training. An example of this can be aerobics and strength training. For example, studies show that people who do weight lifting and aerobics in one training session face the problem of reducing testosterone within 48 hours after training. This indicates a delay in recovery, which is increasing due to the conflicting influence of strength training and running or riding a bicycle.
In the long run, these conflicting training programs can be even more negative. As an example, a 15-week study of a professional wrestler who combined strength training, running at short distances( sprint) and cross. Strength and stamina initially increased, but then fell to the end of the study. There was also a significant increase in cortisol, which led to an unfavorable decrease in the ratio of testosterone to cortisol - by 32% compared with baseline.
Researchers believe that a decrease in the ratio of testosterone to cortisol is due to a restriction in the development of strength indicators due to any of these factors:
• Catabolic processes( decay) can lead to a reduction in strength due to the loss of nerve impulses in the development of which testosterone benefits.
• intervention in the development of endurance by reducing the neuronal activity of muscles caused by simultaneous power and aerobic training.
• loss of contractile proteins( antin), which are responsible for maximum strength.
How to use this testosterone benefit: Do not do incompatible exercises during training. Set yourself the right goal and practice to achieve it. For example, for leg strength training, in order to jump higher in basketball, you should perform weight training( with lifting of weight) for the lower part of the body, which includes several approaches of squats( deadlift) in the "explosive style".Do not make a long run for a warm up before that! Instead, in order to do the warm-up, just run a short distance( sprint) in the gym. This will make it possible to increase the amount of testosterone and benefit from it.
It is necessary to provide the process of recovery after training. In the incorrect mode of training the above study( about the wrestler who incorrectly combined the exercises), the testosterone level remained low 24 and 48 hours after taking the tests.
Although the testosterone level in this experiment remained low after 24 and 48 hours, neuromuscular system was restored 24 hours later. This shows that resting between training 1-2 days, as a rule, is enough. More intensive workouts require more time for rest, but this is already true of very hard strokes.
To support the baseline level of testosterone, that is, not to drop its natural level, proper nutrition and sleep is required. Both men and women can use the basic rules to maintain and increase testosterone levels:
1) Ensure a sufficient intake of vitamin D in the blood should be 50 ng / ml. This vitamin prevents the process of the aromatase enzyme's action on testosterone, in which
It turns into estrogen.
2) Get enough sleep and minimize stress. Studies show that people who take into account "owls" they or "larks" and sleep accordingly, have a higher level of testosterone than those who go against their own nature.
3) Avoid increasing blood sugar, and monitor its level, because its increase leads to a sharp drop in testosterone.
4) Get enough zinc and magnesium, because their low levels are associated with a low amount of testosterone in the blood. Studies show that increasing the levels of these elements to the optimum amount leads to a higher level of testosterone and its better increase in exercise.
For more on this and other rules for increasing testosterone naturally, see here.
The use of testosterone, for both an athlete, and for any person is very significant. From its basic level and the ability of the body to develop it in response to training during the competition, the fat and muscle ratio in the body, the productivity and competitiveness in the sport, the chances of winning, the effectiveness of training, the reaction to what is happening around during the competition depends.
Although recent studies have shown that natural testosterone is not of particular benefit directly in gaining muscle mass during exercise, it helps to train harder and harder. And the standard level of free testosterone in the human body can characterize its chances of winning, both in sports competition and even in the stock market. This standard level is very dependent on genetics, but it can also be developed to be higher, as well as the body's response to producing testosterone in certain situations.
Important recommendations in this are:
- To train strength and endurance to increase testosterone production
- To participate publicly in any competitions, train yourself no more, but with a partner to whom you can demonstrate your results, set measurable goals in your indicators and achieve them.
- Do not combine exercise and aerobics in one session of training. With aerobics, jogging for long distances, participation in sparring, etc. The level of testosterone drops, in contrast to the practice of strength training.
And also it is worth implementing the recommendations described here.