How many useful plants can be found in the expanses of fields, gardens and steppes! What is worth one wormwood, the medicinal properties of which have been known for a very, very long time. And does such a plant have contraindications? And how to apply it correctly?
- What is this plant?
- Benefits of
- Side effects and contraindications
- How to use?
What is this plant?
Wormwood is a semi-shrub that belongs to the family of astroids. The Latin name of wormwood, by the way, is literally translated as "health".And the name of this seemingly inconspicuous grass with small yellow flowers and small carved leaves was given not in vain. In total, two species are known, although in fact there are, of course, more varieties. But wormwood and bitter wormwood have unique healing properties, for which such a plant loved and respected even the ancient Greek goddess Artemis, who treated the wormwood of women from infertility. Mention of this herb is also found in the ancient medical records of the eastern countries. And the Slavic peoples believed that the plant helps to drive out the evil spirit and evil spirits.
To this day, Artemisia, whose useful properties have been proven even by scientists, is widely used for the prevention and treatment of many diseases and is part of many folk remedies.
The composition of wormwood is rich, it contains components that have unique healing properties. It contains resins, terpenoids, essential oils, glycosides, a wide variety of organic acids, phytoncides, tannins, flavonoids, saponins, ketolactones, potassium salts, carotene, and vitamins C, Groups B and A.
compounds The use of
We list the medicinal properties possessed by wormwood:
- Such a plant is an effective tonic and fortifying agent that can be used in the period of colds and infections for prophylaxis, as well as during rehabilitationafter severe diseases.
- Wormwood is able to provide antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effects thanks to which such herb has long been used for wound healing, as well as for the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the respiratory system, oral cavity and other systems and organs. So, this herb is effective for stomatitis, bronchitis, gingivitis and many other ailments.
- Unique properties of the plant allow using it to get rid of parasites.
- Based on wormwood, the means for treating certain diseases of the gastrointestinal tract are made. Such a plant stimulates the peristalsis of the intestinal walls and the production of gastric juice, and also promotes the acceleration of the regeneration of the mucous membranes.
- With a cold, this herb will also come in handy.
- In some cases, the plant is used to relieve the condition in diseases of the musculoskeletal system, such as rheumatism or sciatica.
- Essential oil of wormwood favorably affects the work of the nervous system and allows you to get rid of apathy, depression, neuroses and other pathological conditions.
- This is an excellent tool that strengthens the vessels and protects against atherosclerosis.
- The plant helps to cleanse the liver and improve its performance.
- Outer wormwood can be used as an effective hemostatic and anesthetic. For example, funds based on such a herb are used for stretching, bruising.
- This plant has a cholagogue effect.
- Grass in some cases helps to normalize the hormonal background.
- When anemia, this plant is also quite useful.
- With the help of wormwood, inflammatory processes localized in the urogenital tract or in the kidney can be eliminated.
This is the benefit of this unique plant. But before applying it is important to study contraindications, as there are many of them.
Side effects and contraindications
To begin with, we list the contraindications to the use of wormwood:
- gestation period;
- period of breastfeeding;
- diseases associated with the risk of blood clots( varicose veins, thrombophlebitis, thrombosis);
- ulcer of the duodenum or stomach in the acute stage;
- gastritis in the acute stage;
- individual intolerance;
- certain diseases of the nervous system.
In any case, when using such a plant, you should exercise caution, as it contains some toxic and toxic substances that can accumulate in the body and cause serious symptoms of poisoning, such as vomiting or nausea, abdominal pain,deterioration of the general condition and even hallucinations. Also, with abuse, mental disorders are likely. Long-term treatment( longer than two to three) weeks is also dangerous, so it is necessary to take a break if necessary to prolong the course of therapy.
How to use?
How to use wormwood to preserve health or eliminate problems? A few recipes below.
- For external use with muscle pain, joint disease or skin damage, wax from wormwood can be used. To make it, take a liter glass jar( certainly with a tightly closed lid) and fill it with fresh plant leaves half. Then top up the olive or ordinary sunflower oil so that the container is completely full. Close the jar and take it to a dark and cool place for two weeks. Strain the oil and lubricate the affected areas twice a day for 7-10 days.
- Tincture of wormwood will help to strengthen immunity, increase appetite and quickly recover during a cold. You need two or three tablespoons of raw materials( preferably fresh) and a glass of vodka( you can replace it with alcohol, half diluted with water).Pour the grass with vodka, close the container tightly and for 3 weeks, remove the infusion in a cool place. Ready tincture should be filtered and taken before meals( about twenty minutes) three times a day for 10-20 drops. The course of treatment should last one to two weeks.
- is usually prepared. The wormwood juice will be useful and effective for suppurative inflammations. To prepare the leaves( fresh) finely cut with a knife and remember. Put the raw materials in the cheesecloth and squeeze the juice. You can lubricate such a means of the affected area or make lotions or compresses.
- Wormwood broth can be used for rinses in diseases of the throat or oral cavity. Two tablespoons of raw materials( dry leaves) pour one cup of boiling water. Place the container on a water bath or on a weak fire. The broth should languish in this way for at least 15-20 minutes. After that, it can be filtered. Rinse every 4-5 hours.
- If you need to get rid of parasites, you can prepare infusion. Fresh or dried wormwood( 2-3 tablespoons) fill with 200-250 milliliters of boiling water. Cover the container and wrap it in a blanket or towel. Insist such a tool needs several hours. Take the infusion before eating a third of a cup for a week.
Remember that wormwood is a very dangerous plant. Observe dosages and consult a physician before use.