The name of this orthopedic device speaks for itself. The posture corrector is designed to support our body in the correct vertical position for various diseases and defects of the spinal column, with subsequent elimination of these defects. This corrector in some cases is not only desirable, but also the most effective method of eliminating orthopedic pathology.
The posture corrector can be used for both preventive and therapeutic purposes. In the first case, it prevents the possible curvature of the spine with a systematic violation of posture in persons who, by occupation, have to occupy a long-term fixed position of the body. This category of people includes schoolchildren, students, intellectual workers - programmers, office employees. Use of correctors for preventive purposes is indicated for elderly people, individuals experiencing regular dynamic stress on the spine( long walking, physical labor, lifting and carrying heavy loads).
With a curative purpose, the orthopedic posture corrector is indicated for pathological conditions such as:
Treatment of postural disorders
- Lateral curvature of the spine( scoliosis);
- Pterygoid scapula - lagging from the thorax of the lower angle of the scapula;
- Complications of osteochondrosis( disc hernia, sciatica) with severe pain syndrome;
- Weak or vice versa, excessive physiological curves of the spine - thoracic kyphosis and lumbar lordosis;
- Congenital or acquired disorders of the anatomical structure of the vertebrae;
- Various combinations of the above changes.
The beneficial effect of correctors on the spine is that they:
- Reduce the burden on the spine;
- With scoliosis - strengthen the relaxed muscles from the convex side of the curvature and relax the tensed muscles from the concave side;
- Reduce the degree of scoliosis or even eliminate it;
- Stabilizing the spine, eliminate pain, improve local circulation and lymph drainage.
Depending on the tasks assigned, these devices can be of the corrective and supporting type. Corrective products are designed to actively correct posture and give it the most physiological position. And the tasks of supporting correctors - to prevent further curvature of the spine.
The corrector action on the spine is based on a mechanical factor. Straps, corsets, belts, stiffeners create a directed action on the spinal column, the shoulder girdle and the musculature of the back and waist. But there is a magnetic corrector of posture. Here, the mechanical effect is combined with a magnetic field, which is aimed at eliminating pain, swelling, inflammation and improving blood circulation and trophic tissue of the spine. Sources of magnetic field in the magnetic corrector of the posture are special magnets with a quantity of 12. 6 of them are located vertically along the spinal line, and 6 - horizontally along the waist.
Arrangement of magnets in the magnetic corrector
Orthopedic posture corrector can have a different device - it all depends on the nature, localization of the pathology and the tasks assigned. In this regard, the following types of proofreaders are distinguished:
- Reclining machines( from lat recinctio - tilt back, tilt).Here, straightening of the spine is achieved by dilating the shoulder joints. The simplest reklinator is two elastic straps or eight-folded loops. The cross goes behind, in the inter-shoulder area, and the shoulder joints are diluted due to the impact on the shoulder girdle. Recliners for the back can be used, both for preventive and therapeutic purposes, with the initial stages of deformation of the spine.
- Thoracic correctors. Made on the basis of a belt or corset. Have an effect on the entire thoracic spine. Effective when eliminating stoop, initial degrees of scoliosis, radicular pain in osteochondrosis. The thoracic corrector does not affect the cervical spine. Nevertheless, as a result of improving the thoracic posture, when using it, the neck is straightened.
- Lumbar Correctors. They have the most complicated device. Combine the reclinator, corset and waist, exciting chest, lumbar, and in some cases, the sacral parts of the spine. Used for common spinal lesions due to scoliosis, osteochondrosis, osteoporosis( rarefaction of the bone tissue of the vertebrae).
In addition, depending on the stiffness, the following types of proofreaders are distinguished:
The simplest children's elastic corrector for preventing posture violation
- Elastic. The softest type. As a rule, these recliners are made of special stretch fabric. The elastic corrector stabilizes the spine with the initially weak musculature of the back and chest.
- Semi-rigid. It is supplied with special spring inserts. Thanks to the corset and these inserts, it is not only fixation of posture, but also strengthening of the muscles of the back and chest.
- Hard. Used for the most pronounced deformations of the spine. This corrector is equipped with special stiffeners. The stiffeners are special oblong plates with a number from 2 to 4, which are inserted into special pockets-pockets located in the thickness of the corrector. These ribs can be made of metal, plastic, wood. Most preferred are aluminum alloy fins that can be bent at the right angle.
Different combinations of type and degree of rigidity have spawned many varieties of products of this type. Which of them is the best?
Yes, the health depends on the correct choice of the corrector. After all, correcting the posture and leveling the spine, we eliminate not only the cosmetic defect, we improve the work of the internal organs - the heart, lungs, stomach, intestines.
Before choosing a posture corrector, it is necessary to consult an orthopedic physician. In no case should you buy a proofreader yourself. Only the specialist knows which type of corrector is suitable for this patient, taking into account his existing pathology.
Nevertheless, some rules of choice and use must be taken into account:
- It is not necessary to wear a proofreader permanently, and even more so to sleep in it. The corrector is put on in the morning hours, rushes from 4 to 8 hours, and by the evening is removed. It is necessary to give the stimulated muscles time for independent work.
- The most preferred products from natural cotton fabrics. Synthetics impairs the heat exchange between the body and the environment, increases sweating.
- When using the corrector you need regular care( reading, washing) and equally regular personal hygiene.
- The selection of the corrector for the size is important. The sizes are defined on a circumference of a waist and are calculated on corresponding parameters from 64 to 130 see In this connection allocate 6( on other gradations-7) the sizes.
There are practically no contraindications to the wearing of conventional correctors. For products of magnetic type, contraindications are cardiovascular diseases, the presence of an electrocardiostimulator, pregnancy.