The presence of blood in the stool in humans is a symptom of a variety of diseases, each of which poses a great danger. Sometimes, traces of blood can be seen with the naked eye, and sometimes just the feces change color, and only a doctor can find it by doing some tests.
- 1 How to detect blood in the stool
- 2 Reasons visible blood
- 3 reasons occult blood
- 4 Diagnostics altered blood in the stool
- 5 Causes of blood in stool from
- 6 children when to call an ambulance
How to detect blood in the stool
anemia oftenit happens that the blood in the feces is the only symptom of what is happening in the body is something incomprehensible. It is very important to pay attention and not to miss the following:
- Appearance of blood veins in the feces that look like "worms"
- Scarlet blood that can be on the surface of the stool and remain on toilet paper
- Liquid chair with foam and blood
- Chairthe herd is liquid, besides it contains not only blood, but also mucus. This chair will be something like jelly.
- . Cal looked like plasticine.
- . Cal was black, and it has nothing to do with eating any food
- . Besides, it's worth paying special attention to when blood flowed from the anus. Sometimes it's even hard to stop. In this case, you need to call an ambulance.
Causes of visible blood
In most cases, the blood, after it appears in the stool, can be seen with the naked eye. True, not all examine their bowel movements, and therefore do not always notice this manifestation. To the most common reasons why blood can appear in the feces, and while it will be seen, you can relate:
- Fracture of the anus. Sometimes patients notice that after excrement, it hurts, and during it, too. And if you pay attention to the feces, then on its surface you can see traces of blood. This indicates that a crack appeared. The most important cause of an anal fissure is periodic constipation, from which many people are not treated. In this case, the blood may be present for several days in the stool until the wound heals. But the next time she is exposed to it, she again bleeds
- Hemorrhoids. One of the most frequent causes of the presence of blood in the stool is hemorrhoids, which, in addition, is manifested by other symptoms, such as itching, pain, burning, sometimes the loss of hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids appear on the background of swelling of the veins, which can result in bleeding in severe stages with damage to the veins by calves. Typically, the blood will be a dark color
- Nonspecific ulcerative colitis, during which ulcers appear on the mucosa and submucosa. In addition to the presence of blood in the patient's stool, traces of pus from ulcers will also be found. Usually, the person's health deteriorates sharply, he develops all the signs of intoxication, diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Crohn's disease, which is considered a hereditary disease, and can develop as a result of the transmitted measles, against the background of food allergies. In addition to blood, the stool will be liquid, a rash appears on the skin,
- fever Intestinal infections that can be both bacterial and viral. If you do not pay attention to this problem in time, you will have blood in the feces due to irritation and inflammation on the mucosa
- Tumors in the intestine, both malignant and benign, which eventually begin to press on the blood vessels, contributing to their rupture, and howconsequence, the appearance of blood in the stool
- Dysbacteriosis, especially when it is caused by clostridia
- Sexually transmitted infections
Depending on what caused the appearance of blood in the stool( when a person sees it on their own), the treatment prescribed by the specialist will depend. Because it is very important not only to eliminate the symptoms, but also to remove the source of the problem itself.
Causes of concealed blood
Sometimes it happens that a person himself can not see blood in the stool, as there are no visible traces. Usually this happens when the blood in the intestine and in the feces itself comes from the upper parts of the digestive system, that is, reaching the end, it manages to change the color.
Hemoglobin, which is present in the blood, decomposes under the influence of acids, and therefore the feces literally acquire a black color. The main reasons for this phenomenon include:
- Bleeding from the enlarged veins in the esophagus. In addition to the fact that the chair changes color, it will also become tarry. To that, right after eating, a person will have severe pain behind the sternum, vomiting with blood
- Mallory-Weiss Syndrome, in which a bloody fissure is formed in the esophagus or in one of the stomach parts. Usually, it happens with drinking people or with those who do not treat a stomach ulcer
- Bleeding from a stomach ulcer or duodenal ulcer when the stool can be several times a day, and black. In addition, the person will be hurt, and also the temperature of the body may increase.
- The perforation of duodenal ulcers, in which a person's condition will be as if he lost a lot of blood, that is, dizziness, weakness, unconsciousness. In addition, in the feces will be present blood
- Gastric cancer, especially in the last stages. It can be accompanied by other symptoms, such as weakness, anemia, aversion to any meat products
- Tumors of the esophagus that are currently in the decay stage of
- Stomatitis, both in adults and in children
Because of the fact thatnot everyone pays attention to their stool, especially does not attach importance to its color, many diseases are found already in the last stages, when it is difficult to change something, and it is simply unreal. That is why, one's health should be treated with awe and listen to the body in time to notice any changes and consult with a specialist about this.
Diagnosis of altered blood in the feces
And if in the case of visible blood in the stool there is no need for special diagnostics, as everything is visible, then in the case of the altered it is necessary to undergo a series of studies to make sure,that it is blood, not the influence of certain foods. The most important analysis, which allows you to determine whether latent blood is in the stool or not, is Gregersen's analysis, or in another way, Gragersen's reaction.
In order to pass this study, it is necessary to prepare. It is impossible to clean the teeth, eat meat and fish three days before putting the feces, and also take any vitamins that contain iron. Then a person collects feces, and a special mixture is applied to his surface, which makes it possible to reveal blood.
If, after applying a chemical substance, it changes color to blue or green, it means that there is blood in the feces. In the event that there was no change in color, then everything is fine. After such a reaction was carried out, the doctor will look for a source of bleeding.
Causes of blood in the stool in children
Children are no different from adults. And if many people think that they simply can not have some problems, they are deeply mistaken. The child's organism is absolutely the same as the adult organism. The only difference is only in the size of the organs. Therefore, all of the above reasons can be used for children. However, it must be remembered that basically the blood in the feces of children can appear for the following reasons:
- Dysbacteriosis of the intestine. To date, this is one of the most common problems in children of any age, since, despite the propaganda of healthy nutrition and the availability of a variety of food products for children( mixtures, sticks, etc.), not all parents adhere to this. And there are those who feed the baby with soup in half a year. As a rule, dysbacteriosis in children appears after taking antibiotics, when the course of bifidobacteria was not drunk. To accurately anticipate that the cause of blood in the feces is a dysbacteriosis, it is necessary to pass tests for bacterial culture. After the results are obtained, the doctor will prescribe the treatment. But most importantly, it is some time to observe the correct diet, exclude all products-irritants
- Intestinal obstruction. One of the most dangerous causes of the presence of blood in the feces of the child will be intestinal obstruction, which occurs as a result of frequent constipation, congenital anomaly, malnutrition, early introduction of complementary foods. Most often, the obstruction is diagnosed in children under two years of age. If we talk about the symptoms of manifestation, immediately after eating the child will loudly and cry a lot, and then, after a while, just vetch a fountain. To this symptom is also added a frequent stool with mucus and blood. But after a couple of hours the chair will turn into a dangerous lump of mucus with blood. From this moment begins the most dangerous stage, during which, if not to call an ambulance, the child completely refuses water and food, will fall into a state of shock.
- Food allergy. Often parents notice that they poured food on a child and a baby on the skin. But sometimes allergies can be manifested by the presence of blood in the feces, and also with a foamy stool. As a rule, such a manifestation can be if the child uses milk, citrus, various food supplements
In case of suspicion of one of the above reasons, or even a child has a feces in the blood, it is necessary to visit a doctor as soon as possible so that he can establish the cause and prescribe a treatment.
When to call an ambulance
There are a number of cases with both adults and children, when you have blood in your feces, it is urgent to call an ambulance. To such cases carry:
- Frequent liquid stool, especially in a child, because dehydration may develop. And if the child loses 10 to 20 percent of the fluid, it can lead to death.
- Frequent vomiting, which is also dangerous for children. But in the case of adults, if it can not be stopped, it is better to call an ambulance
- High body temperature, especially when it can not be knocked down for a long period of time.
- Severe abdominal pains, such that the person begins to lose consciousness.
Sometimes, an ambulance can make several injections on the spot by entering the necessary drugs and leave. But in the case of children, they usually offer to go to the hospital, which in no way should not be abandoned. Because in the hospital with the help of medications and droppers, quickly bring the child into a normal state. In addition, he will be under constant supervision of qualified doctors who are able to help at the right time.
Many people immediately start to worry if they see feces with blood. And this is a normal reaction, because it's just that the blood can not appear here. This is one of the important and often the main symptoms of the presence of bleeding caused by the destructive processes in the intestines that need to be treated, and the sooner the better.
What if the baby has a blood sample, the doctor will consult the video:
Tell your friends!