Red spots may appear on the eye proteins. This indicates that the vessel in the eye burst. Most often this does not bring any suffering to a person. It can be completely not dangerous, and soon the redness passes without a trace. Hemorrhage is in the form of small spots or a completely reddened sclera. Often a person does not feel anything, but in some cases complains of burning, discomfort, dry eyelids. Hemorrhage is more often observed on one eye and much less often on both. In some cases, the bursting of the eye vessel is an occasion to make an appointment with a doctor. To know what to do, you need to find out why this happened.
There are several causes of hemorrhage in the eye, among them:
- A sudden increase in pressure. In this case, a person experiences a headache, flashing before the eyes of flies.
- Injuries to the eyes and bruises of the head.
- Diabetes mellitus, in which there is a lesion of blood vessels.
- Conjunctivitis and keratitis, while there are complaints of itching, burning, lacrimation, discomfort, for example, a sensation of a speck in the eyes.
- Taking large doses of alcohol.
- Constant lack of sleep.
- Allergic reaction, for example, during the spring flowering period.
- Physical stress( lifting of weights, attempts at childbirth).
- Increased meteosensitivity.
- Long reading, working at the computer.
- Neoplasms in the eye.
- Visit to the bath and steam room.
- Taking blood-thinning medications.
- Strong crying in children.
Hemorrhage may differ in localization: in the retina, in the orbit, the vitreous, the anterior chamber of the eye.
In the first case, red patches appear on the retina. A person's vision falls, he can not see things clearly, flies can run before his eyes. Rest and hemostatic means lead to an improvement in the condition.
Hemorrhages in the orbit occur with head and eye injuries, sometimes with blood diseases. There is pain, bifurcation of objects, impaired vision, vomiting. The eyeball shifts, the mobility of the eye decreases.
Hyphema, or haemorrhage in the anterior chamber of the eye, occurs with intraocular pressure. Usually it passes by itself for a few days. If the hyphema does not resolve within 10 days, you should consult your doctor. With the vertical position of the body, red formation is in the lower part of the eye. When a person takes a horizontal position, it takes up most of the sclera.
How to get rid of hemorrhage in the eye?
Retinal angiopathy according to ICD-10
If a person does not experience pain and other unpleasant sensations, then his task is to remove the ugly spot more quickly. First of all, it is necessary to eliminate the causes of hemorrhage. In any case, you need to visit an ophthalmologist, especially those who have blood vessels in their eyes bursting often. Perhaps this is due to somatic diseases, lack of vitamins, conjunctivitis. Independently, you can take such actions:
- At high blood pressure it is necessary to take an antihypertensive drug.
- How to get enough sleep, that is, give the eyes a rest. This is especially true for constant stress, overwork, work, which requires prolonged eye strain.
- Make a bath for the eyes, which will help strengthen the vascular walls. To do this, take two tanks and pour water in them: one cold, the other warm. Immerse a sore eye first into warm water for a few minutes, then into a cold one.
- Eye lotions using tea leaves are a well-known remedy. Wet cotton swabs in fresh warm brew and apply them to the eye area for 10 minutes. After that, take off and wash with cool water.
If the hemorrhage is not a single case and is repeated intermittently, it is necessary to be examined, after which the doctor will prescribe the treatment. It is important to quickly contact the hospital for eye trauma, which can cause complete loss of vision. To avoid this, you need to get help in the first hours after the injury. Emergency treatment is required if hemorrhage is accompanied by swelling and purulent discharge.
For the treatment of hemorrhages in the eyes, the doctor will prescribe eye drops
Specific treatment is necessary for ophthalmic diseases, for example, with conjunctivitis of bacterial origin. As a rule, these are antibacterial and anti-inflammatory drops, which the doctor should appoint.
If the eye capillary has burst from fatigue, with flu, with physical exertion, pressure increase, you can use vasoconstrictor eye drops, among them:
- Vizin - eliminates dryness and discomfort. Reduces redness in case of hemorrhage. Bury in two drops, the effect of the drug - 12 hours.
- Emoxipine - used for intraocular hemorrhages. Treatment lasts up to a month. Bury one or two drops three times a day.
- Taufon - helps to remove fatigue from the eyes, activates the processes of restoration of eye tissues.
- Dephislea - used for microtrauma. Eliminates irritation and dry eyes.
In addition to the treatment prescribed by the doctor, one must adhere to simple rules that will help to prevent repeated hemorrhages in the future:
- There are more foods containing rutin and vitamin C. These are dark green vegetables( spinach, lettuce, broccoli), sweet peppers, citrus fruits.
- Working at the computer, periodically rest your eyes( every hour - a few minutes).
- In ARVI, take vitamin C and antiviral drugs that prevent the destruction of blood vessels.
- Try not to lift weights and do not overexert.
- Wear protective goggles when the wind is strong.
- If there is an air conditioner, install an air humidifier.
- Take medications prescribed by your doctor for diabetes and hypertension.
- Try not to visit the steam room.
- It's good to get enough sleep.
Vessels in the eyes are bursting for various reasons. This may be a single case involving fatigue or lack of sleep, and does not pose any danger. It is possible that hemorrhage is a symptom of pathology, especially if the vessels in the eyes burst often. In any case, you need to visit a doctor, ophthalmologist or therapist.