Genyantritis most often affects adults and young people during infectious diseases. Older people are less likely to get sinusitis.
In the absence of timely complex treatment, serious consequences of maxillary sinusitis accompanied by various disorders in the area of the maxillary sinus can be observed.
Symptoms of sinusitis in adults
- 1 Symptoms of sinusitis in adults
- 2 Treatment of sinusitis in an adult
- 3 Traditional medicine
When a disease occurs a clinical picture of the following character:
- increases body temperature;
- makes breathing difficult on the background of a stuffy nose;
- develops chronic rhinitis and pharyngitis;
- dry cough;
- severe headaches, giving off in different parts of the body, forehead, nose, teeth, whiskey.
Symptoms of chronic sinusitis in adults can also include discomfortable sensations when palpation of the upper part of the nose, redness of the eyelids, puffiness, general malaise of the body.
The most obvious signs of maxillary sinus in adults are chronic colds, swelling of the eyelids in the morning, manifestation of conjunctivitis. Symptomatics does not always have a pronounced picture of the development of the disease, which complicates timely diagnosis.
The recurring stage of the disease exacerbated several times a year to avoid this, it is necessary to effectively treat the disease at the initial stage of its appearance in the human body.
Purulent discharge, which is formed in the maxillary sinuses, can enter the surrounding tissues, affecting the nerves, the orbit, and the meninges. In adults, serious complications of sinusitis manifest themselves in the following:
- edema of the eyelids, damage to the orbital fiber;
- is a rhinogenic brain abscess;
- is an inflammation of the medullary center;
All these dangers can be prevented if the disease is diagnosed in time and the complex recovery of the organism begins.
Treatment of sinusitis in an adult
In the treatment of antritis in adults, drugs with antibacterial and antihistamine action are prescribed. At a serious stage of the development of the disease, surgical intervention is assumed.
The use of antibacterial agents of a wide spectrum of action is effective in short-term treatment.
To date, which antibiotics for maxillary sinusitis in adults are most often discharged to patients:
- Amoxicillin - takes an active part in the destruction of harmful bacteria, comes in the form of capsules and granules, is contraindicated in pregnant and lactating. The following preparations have a similar effect.
On the third day after taking them, it is much easier to get, it leaves a headache, a runny nose, the general state of health comes back to normal. Preparations should be taken after meals, the average duration of treatment of sinusitis is 5-7 days.
Like than treating sinusitis in adults? Antibiotics should be combined with vasoconstrictors, for example, drops of otrivin. For effective treatment of sinusitis, the antiviral spray Sinupret is recommended. Preparations for nasal lavage should be applied no more than 5 days, so as not to overdry the mucous membrane of the organ.
You can use "Aqua Maris", "Sinuforte" sprays to eliminate the "clogged" nose. To this end, a weak solution of potassium permanganate or furacilin is suitable.
Aspirin, analgin, ibuprofen can be relieved from a headache, it is not recommended to abuse such preparations in the presence of chronic gastritis.
At the stage of a neglected or inefficiently cured disease, sinusitis is applied, followed by rinsing, suction of pus and introduction of antibacterial agents into the focus.
In the treatment of chronic sinusitis you can use the following folk medicine:
- A decoction for the prevention of an ailment and relieving the exacerbation during remission: the raw materials of chamomile, calendula, sage, St. John's wort are taken in equal proportions, the mixture is poured with water and kept on low heat for 5-10 minutes. It is filtered and used to rinse the nose.
- The same broth is allowed to be used as a compress on the forehead area, nose bridge, do it better at night, if possible change after drying.
- You can make juice from Kalanchoe, aloe, beets, drip your nose before going to bed or insert a swab dipped in this solution in the nasal sinus.
- Tincture for rinsing the nose on the basis of St. John's Wort: one part of the washed stems is poured with five parts of 70% alcohol, infused in a dark place for 14 days. It is diluted with water before use.
With the aim of general improvement of the body and prompt recovery of the patient, the UHF apparatus, the "Sollux" lamp, and laser therapy are used. The nasal passage is moistened, the epithelial cells are restored, the immune system improves.
In the early stages of the disease, nasal sinus massage is prescribed. It is important to monitor food, drink vitamin preparations, rest more, walk in the fresh air, give time to easy gymnastic exercises.