Tendonosis of the hip joint is most often caused by general degenerative processes in the tendons. As a result of these processes, inflammation and deformation of the joint and periarticular tissues develop. Most often, the treatment of tendonosis is required for people over the age of forty, professional athletes, those whose professional activity is associated with heavy physical exertion.
The hip joint most often undergoes pathological changes, although there may be tendinitis in any joint. If the joint is often injured, or if the tendinosis is not treated, the disease can become chronic.
Causes and symptoms of
The development of tendonitis( tendinitis) of the hip joint is facilitated by such factors:
- age changes in the tissues of tendons, muscles, joints;
- a violation of the balance of calcium in the body;
- frequent occurrence of injuries;
- infectious inflammatory processes in the periarticular tissues;
- arthrosis and arthritis in chronic form;
- regular monotonous loads on the hip joint.
The symptomatology of the disease depends on the localization of the pathological process:
- With the defeat of the tendons of the abductors, the main symptom is pain in the region of the external part of the thigh.
- In inflammation of tendons of the ilio-lumbar region, the patient feels discomfort when trying to rest on his leg, as well as during walking. Belly and inside of the thigh are pains.
- If the disease is localized in the tendons of the long adductor muscle, the patient faces severe pain when trying to move his legs to the side. The affected limb loses mobility.
In addition, there are common for any form of lesion symptoms:
- sharp pain in motion;
- crunch in the joint;
- redness of the skin in the affected area;
- stiffness of movements.
Features of treatment
Treatment is appointed after confirmation of diagnosis, for which various methods of examination can be used: X-ray, MRI, ultrasound. Usually treatment is complex. To effectively get rid of pathology, the doctor prescribes those therapeutic methods that are appropriate taking into account the individual characteristics of the organism, the cause of the appearance of the disease, the severity of the symptoms, the stage of the development of the disease.
The duration of treatment can be quite large - from 4 to 6 weeks, especially when chronic form of the disease
If the treatment is not performed, the disease can have certain complications. The most common is ossifying tendinosis, in which salt is deposited in the damaged connective tissue. When squeezing the nerves due to sclerotic processes in the nearby tendons, the development of tunnel syndrome is possible.
The main measures that make it possible to alleviate a patient's condition are:
- hip joint mobility restriction, using elastic bandages, bandages, orthoses, or gypsum;
- applying cooling compresses to a sore spot;
- reception of medicines( painkillers, anti-inflammatory, antibiotics - for the infectious nature of the disease), local treatment with ointments;
- physiotherapy - electrophoresis, ultrasound, laser, magnetic, shock wave procedures using medicines;
- complex of exercise therapy;
- mud treatment and reception of mineral baths.
For an additional therapeutic effect, folk medicine can be used, but this is only permissible if the doctor approved their use.
The most popular and effective tools are:
- alcoholic tincture from walnut membranes that is taken internally;
- a decoction of cherry fruit, which must be drunk every time after eating;
- curcumin, which can be added to any foods from the patient's diet.
Need for surgical intervention
In some cases, conservative therapy does not give the desired result. Such patients are prescribed surgical treatment. The operation involves the implementation of plasty of tendons by autografts. This is a complex operation, after which a long recovery period is required, therefore they resort to it only in the most extreme cases.
After surgery, excessive loads must be avoided to prevent the recurrence of the disease, as well as for the prevention of hip joint tenderness. Before physical exertion it is necessary to perform warm-up, and after their completion - stretching. Sharply increase the load on the joints and do not give them rest when doing sports exercises or physical work can not. It is forbidden to make sudden movements when carrying out loads.
A rational approach, elimination of risk factors and timely access to a doctor will avoid the development of tendentosis and its complications. Proper treatment requires strict adherence to all prescriptions of the doctor.
- Causes and Symptoms
- Treatment Features
- Need for Operational Intervention