Diseases of the mouth in a child, not uncommon. The most common is caries and inflammation of the oral mucosa - stomatitis. He can have a child even at a very early age. The disease has many causes and several forms. Most of them occur suddenly, accompanied by pain, swelling, specific morphological elements and bloom.
Factors contributing to the development of stomatitis in children
Lesion of the mucosa is observed in various parts of the oral cavity. The development of the disease is affected by local and general factors:
- mucosal trauma( mechanical, thermal and chemical);
- poor oral care;
- developmental anomalies in the structure of the maxillofacial area, which provoke inflammation and prevent oral hygiene;
- weak local immunity;
- ingestion of microorganisms( viruses, fungi and bacteria) directly through mucosal damage.
- poor nutrition( lack of vitamins, microelements, its viscosity, high content of carbon in food);
- development of pathogenic microbes throughout the body;
- persistence of fever for a long period;
- dehydration of the body;
- on the background of taking medications;
- as an allergic reaction.
- 1 Varieties stomatitis
- 2 Thrush
- 2.1 main causes of oral candidiasis
- 2.2 main symptoms
- 2.3 Methods for treating thrush
- 2.4 Photo thrush in the child
- 3 aphthous stomatitis
- 3.1 main reasons aphthous inflammation
- 3.2 Symptoms of aphthous stomatitis
- 3.3 Treatment of aphthous rashes in the oral cavity
- 3.4 Photo of aphthous stomatitis in a child
- 4 Herpeticumcystic stomatitis
- 4.1 Symptoms of herpetic stomatitis
- 4.2 Treatment of herpetic rash in the child's mouth
- 4.3 Photo of herpetic stomatitis in the child
Any form of inflammation of the oral mucosa can occur, regardless of the child's age. However, there is a definite relationship between age and the form of the disease.
Bactericidal inflammation can occur at any age. It depends on the entry of certain pathogenic microbes into the wounds on the mucosa.
At a younger age, parents need to closely monitor the oral health of the child. Timely detection and access to a specialist, helps to avoid complications and accelerate the process of recovery.
At an early age, as is known, the oral mucosa is especially prone to the occurrence of various inflammatory processes. This is due to imperfect local immunity. The development of fungal infection is affected by several factors:
The main causes of oral candidiasis
General and local immunity plays a critical role in the development of inflammation. Premature babies suffer from the disease 2-3 times more often. Another powerful factor is the peculiarities of nutrition of an early child. Constant consumption of breast milk and milk mixtures, provoke the activity of reproduction of fungi of the genus Candida.
Fungal infection at an early age is able to develop against the background of taking antibiotics. This happens extremely rarely, since antibacterial drugs are prescribed only in extreme cases and for a non-prolonged course of treatment.
Not observance of elementary rules of hygiene, treatment of nipples, baby bottles, toys and other household items can become sources of infection. In addition, infection can occur during childbirth, when the infection has already formed in the parturient woman. Here, the protection of the newborn is practically nonexistent and from the first days of life, it is worth paying attention to the development of candidiasis.
The main symptoms of the disease
If a problem occurs, the child becomes capricious. Refuses to eat, disturbed sleep and habitual behavior.
The course of candidiasis is very fast, rarely changes into a chronic form. The manifestations of neonatal manifestations are more distinct. The main symptom is a white curd coating, as if flowing to a healthy mucous membrane. It is observed almost on the entire oral mucosa. If the plaque attempts to eliminate, then at this point there is bleeding and considerable pain.
If the process develops sufficiently torpid, the temperature of the body may increase slightly. In the future, a strong intoxication of the body is formed. In this condition, compulsory hospitalization is required.
To further clarify the diagnosis, an additional examination is performed. The exact diagnosis is made on the basis of a smear from the mouth or throat, for laboratory testing.
Methods of treatment of candidiasis stomatitis
First of all, efforts are directed to strengthening local and general immunity. Treated stomatitis in children in the mouth according to the generally accepted scheme. From the first days of the appearance of the plaque, antiseptic rinses with an alkaline solution, lubrication with a mucous solution of iodinol and methylene blue are recommended. In infancy, the preparation pimafucin is excellent.
The use of antifungal and antimicrobial agents is allowed only with severe symptoms, and they are prescribed only by a doctor. The entire course of treatment lasts from several days to several months.
At an older age, Imudon is prescribed to suppress pathogenic bacteria and strengthen the immune system. In the period of life from 5 to 7 years, when stomatitis occurs, treatment can be performed by rinsing Miramistin, Stomatidin or Rivanol solution.
Special attention should be paid to the parents of the baby's diet. It is necessary to exclude the consumption of acidic and spicy dishes, limit flour products and sweets. On the contrary, increase the intake of food rich in vitamins and proteins.
Photo of candidal stomatitis in the child
This form of inflammation of the oral mucosa occurs quite often in schoolchildren of younger and middle age. The name of stomatitis was due to the peculiarities of morphological elements, namely, aft. They have a specific appearance with a hyperemic perimeter and a whitish coating in the center. Afts are singular and plural.
The main causes of aphthous inflammation
- Allergic reactions of various etiologies;
- Reduced protection from the immune system;
- Diseases and disorders of the gastrointestinal tract( especially liver disease);
- Staphylococcal mucosal lesions( risk increases if proper oral hygiene is not available).
Symptoms of aphthous stomatitis
For aphthous stomatitis is characterized by seasonality. Most often the disease worsens in the spring and autumn. Localization is classic. They are usually placed on the tongue, its root, from the inner surface of the cheeks and lips. The general state of the child does not suffer. Only in some cases, slight increase in body temperature, malaise, lack of appetite and headache are possible.
In the beginning on the mucous there is a feeling of itching and easy soreness. Then light ulceration begins to appear. They very quickly become covered with a greyish-white coating, bordered by a bright red rim. The size of aft is 5-10 mm. When eating and palpation there is considerable soreness.
Treatment of aphthous eruptions in the oral cavity
Before assigning this or that treatment the doctor must identify the cause of the disease. First and foremost, food is excluded, which can cause an allergic reaction. These are citrus fruits, nuts, honey, chocolate, and so on.
Treatment of aphthous stomatitis in children at all stages of development is a thorough antiseptic treatment of the oral cavity. If this is not done, especially with multiple rashes, an additional infection may join and the process will be complicated by a different kind of inflammation. As an antiseptic solution used miramistin il chlorhexedin. Ideally, all solutions should be taken in the form of aerosols.
Inside prescribe antihistamines. The most common are "Diazolin" and "Tavegil".To enhance local immunity, special toothpastes are recommended. With aphthous stomatitis, pastes are used based on enzymes of lysozyme, lactoferrin and glucose oxidase. Older children are shown a drug in the form of lollies "Immudon" or "Hexoral Tabs."
Not an unimportant role in the treatment of aphthous stomatitis should be given to physiotherapeutic methods of influence. So a good effect is the procedure for irradiating the UV lamp directly to the lesions.
The completeness of the therapeutic effect depends on the sanitation of the oral cavity. If the professional cleaning of teeth, filling of carious teeth and elimination of caries complications are not carried out at the stages of treatment, then the inflammatory process will certainly exacerbate in the near future.
Photo of aphthous stomatitis in a child
Highlights the acute and chronic course of the disease. In the first case, the appearance of herpetic elements appears for the first time. Often the infection is caused by the parents. This is due to the fact that they themselves introduce a virus to a child by licking a nipple, fork or spoon, use the same cutlery as adults who have inflammation.
Usually there is a herpetic stomatitis in a child 2-3 years of life, when a relapse of the disease already occurs. Often, the disease is seasonal in nature, manifested against the weakening of immunity and after suffering a cold. However, it should be noted that the usual cold or ARVI will not be the main cause of herpetic stomatitis.
Symptoms of herpetic stomatitis
All signs of the manifestation of the disease are formed sequentially. Initially, the child feels a general weakness, malaise, mild headaches and aching muscles. On the second day, the body temperature begins to rise, sometimes to a critical temperature of 41 degrees. Regional lymph nodes increase, they become painful and immobile.
The mucous membrane of the oral cavity acquires a bright color, puffiness develops. Within a few hours, small bubbles begin to form on this background. Their appearance is accompanied by a strong itching soreness when touched.
After 2-3 days, the bubbles begin to open. In their place are formed not deep erosions, and sometimes ulcers of red color. They are quickly covered with a whitish or grayish coating. After the opening of the vesicles, soreness is noted when eating, talking and even just moving the lower jaw. These signs of stomatitis in the child speak about the height of the illness.
In any case, the differential diagnosis of these two diseases should be handled by a physician. After all, the exact type of treatment depends on the exact diagnosis.
Treatment of herpetic eruption in the oral cavity of a child
Therapeutic effect involves the use of various drugs and drugs, but at a certain time of the course of the disease.
- Since the first days of the manifestation of the disease, antiviral drugs. Appointed as topically in the form of ointments( Bonafon ointment, Acyclovir, Finistil Pentsivir, Viferon, Zovirax, Oxolinovaya and Allisarin ointment) and gels( Helipin D and Hyporamin).
- Treatment with antiseptic drugs. To be spent as from first days of occurrence of attributes of a stomatitis. Can be used in the form of rinses, mouth baths or irrigation. As antiseptic agents are excellent broths of medicinal herbs and chlorhexedin. You can use Synthomycin and Tetracyclin ointment, as well as Baneocin powder.
- After the opening of the blisters, oral baths and applications with an oily solution of vitamin A are shown for an early regeneration. The procedure is best carried out after treatment of the mucous membrane with peroxide of hydrogen. In addition, applications with proteolytic enzymes( trypsin, chymotrypsin) are shown.
- If there is a pronounced pain reaction throughout the treatment, painkillers need to be given inside or outside.
- The tumor remission time is shown by immunomodulators Immunal or Amiksin.
- Anti-inflammatory and antibacterial agents are mandatory for the prevention of infectious diseases and their treatment.
Photo of herpetic stomatitis in a child
Symptoms of stomatitis in a child are diverse, as are treatment methods. It is important to recognize them in time, quickly consult a doctor and follow the recommendations. This is the only way to save the baby from the painful course of the disease and prevent serious complications.