- Principle of operation
- Use of muscle relaxants for pain
- Popular drugs
With pain in the lower back, sooner or later every person faces. Sometimes the pain is simply intolerable. Even strong people can get out of the way and break the habitual way of life.
The most effective drugs against these pains are muscle relaxants. These drugs can quickly cope with the attack.
Principle of action
Sedentary lifestyles, diseases affecting the intervertebral discs, curvature of the spine can cause severe pain in the lower back. Usually, painful sensations appear gradually. First, it is discomfort in the lumbar region, a feeling of muscle tension. Over time, this symptom only increases.
Pains are caused by a muscle spasm, which leads to the squeezing of blood vessels and nerve roots. As a result, blood supply to internal organs is impaired. Therefore, giving up fight against pain can be dangerous.
Muscle relaxants can relieve muscle tension. When the spasm is removed, blood circulation is restored and pains are passed. Miorelaxants are recommended in the framework of complex therapy, since they do not treat the underlying cause of pain. Additional methods for relieving pain in the lower back can be massages, manual therapy, exercise therapy. Muscle relaxants will only increase the effectiveness of these treatments.
The muscle relaxants are divided into two groups, depending on the direction of their action:
- Central Action .Drugs from this group affect the central nervous system and the brain. The affected areas are those areas in which the functions include regulating muscle tone.
- Peripheral action .These drugs block the motor nerve signal, thereby relaxing the muscles.
The duration of action of muscle relaxants may be different. For this reason, the drugs are divided into:
Use of muscle relaxants for pain caused by osteochondrosis and neuralgia
Intercostal neuralgia and osteochondrosis are characterized by severe pain caused by muscle spasm. Usually, before the appointment of a comprehensive treatment, muscle relaxants are used to eliminate the spasm.
In these cases, central action funds are assigned. The optimal duration of treatment is determined by a qualified physician. To obtain a lasting effect, as a rule, it is required to take muscle relaxants for at least six months.
Additional medical procedures are required: physiotherapy, massage, gymnastics
Almost in every home medicine cabinet you can find one or several popular remedies-muscle relaxants. The most commonly assigned are:
- Baclofen. This medicine acts very quickly. After taking the mobility is restored quickly, and with it the overall well-being also improves.
- Sirdalud or Tzanidin. These drugs have a complex effect on the body. They relieve muscle spasm and anesthetize, so they can be prescribed not only to relieve rare bouts of back pain, but also for chronic diseases.
- Midokalm. This drug is very popular for the treatment of osteochondrosis. It relieves muscle tension, dilates blood vessels, has an anesthetic effect. The drug is effective in the form of tablets, and as injections.
Which drug is suitable for a particular patient in its individual case, can only be determined by the attending physician, given the frequency of seizures and the characteristics of the general condition of the human body. Miorelaxants are drugs of strong action, therefore it is impossible to engage in self-medication, using these drugs without doctor's prescription.