Back chondrosis is the initial stage of osteochondrosis, when degenerative-dystrophic changes are localized only inside the intervertebral discs and do not affect other tissues of the spine. Treatment of chondrosis is a very important task, since it is at this stage that the disease can be overcome and virtually cured.
It is not possible to cure chondrosis with drugs quickly, but they will be very helpful in exacerbating the disease, when the patient is worried about severe pain. Medications for osteochondrosis are used either inside( tablets, injections), and locally( ointments, gels, creams, patches).Consider drugs from which groups are used in the treatment of osteochondrosis and its symptoms.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
This is the first choice for vertebrogenic back pain. NSAIDs quickly and effectively eliminate inflammation and relieve pain. They also have anti-edematous effect, which further enhances the therapeutic effect. Another positive side of this group of drugs is the release in all possible dosage forms( injection solutions, tablets and capsules for oral administration, ointments, gels, patches for external use).This creates the opportunity to work on the focus of pain from several sides and quickly eliminate it.
Despite such a positive result, these drugs can not be used for a long time, because they have serious side effects. Most often, NSAIDs cause the formation of ulcers in the stomach and gastrointestinal bleeding. Therefore, they are contraindicated in patients with such a history of ailments. True, there are modern representatives of this class, whose risk of such side effects is much lower than that of other drugs, but it does exist.
Diclofenac is an effective remedy for pain in the spine
The main drugs from the class of NSAIDs:
Important! Despite the fact that these drugs belong to the over-the-counter group, prescribe a specific drug, its dose and duration of use should only be a doctor. Self-treatment is dangerous to health.
Analgesics and local anesthetics
In severe pain syndrome, when NSAIDs do not cope with their task, a non-narcotic or narcotic analgesic may be prescribed to the patient short course. Most often they are combined with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Also blockages of the vertebral column with local anesthetics( novocaine, lidocaine) can be used to relieve severe pain for switching off certain parts of the pain reflex. As a rule, one or two blockades are sufficient to eliminate pain. The blockade is even more effective if long-acting glucocorticoids are added to anesthetics, for example, diprospan. After this blockade, the pain passes, and the patient can proceed to treatment methods that not only eliminate the symptoms of chondrosis, but also contribute to his cure, for example, to exercise therapy.
Blockade of the spine with local anesthetics perfectly eliminates pain
Muscle relaxants are used to eliminate the pathological tension of the muscles at the site of spinal injury. This helps reduce pain and squeezing of the spinal roots. They are used only as part of complex therapy, they have no independent significance. Representatives: midokalm, sirdalud, tizalud. Treatment begins with intramuscular injections, then they switch to maintenance therapy with pills for the first month.
Drugs from this group in its composition can have 2 substances: glucosamine and chondroitin. Both the first and the second are the constituent elements of the cartilaginous tissue. Therefore, the use of chondroprotectors should restore damaged intervertebral discs and stop the progression of chondrosis.
Popular representatives of chondroprotectors:
Chondroprotectors should be taken for a long time 2 times a year. Treatment begins with injections and continues taking capsules inside for 3 to 4 months. Only then will the therapy prove effective.
In complex treatment of exacerbations of chondrosis, B vitamins are also used to strengthen damaged nerve roots, anti-edema drugs, drugs that improve microcirculation.
It's important to understand! Drug treatment is not the main one in the therapy of chondrosis, because drugs can not affect the cause of the disease and stop its progression. They are only a means for eliminating pain, so that the patient can start other and basic methods of treating osteochondrosis.
Therapeutic gymnastics and massage
To answer the question how to treat chondrosis without therapeutic exercise, simply: "No!" This is the main method that allows not only to get rid of the pain, but also to prevent further progression of the pathology. Perform gymnastic exercises yourself at home, if you do not have severe deformations of the spine, intervertebral hernias and other contraindications to exercise therapy. In the presence of such, it is necessary to be supervised by a physiotherapist.
Regular gymnastics will allow:
- to receive an excellent muscular back skeleton for protection and support of the damaged spine;
- strengthen the ligaments of the spine, get rid of its instability, which develops with chondrosis;
- make the muscles elastic and flexible;
- to adjust metabolism in the spine, improve blood circulation and nutrition of its tissues;
- get a good mood and charge of energy for the whole day;
- to correct the posture;
- to increase the endurance of the body and develop tolerance to physical exertion;
- improve the performance of the cardiovascular and respiratory system.
There are so many types of health and preventive gymnastics for the spine. Choose the right doctor for you. This can be an ordinary morning complex of gymnastic exercises, step aerobics, swimming or oriental kinds of gymnastics, for example, qigong. But we must not forget that in any case, the lessons should be regular and permanently enter into your life.
Simple exercises for back health
Treatment for spinal chondrosis is often supplemented with massage courses. It is important to remember that massage can be used only in the absence of acute pain, otherwise this type of treatment is contraindicated, as well as exercise therapy. Regular sessions will strengthen muscles, make them supple, improve the nutrition of the spinal tissues and microcirculation. It is recommended to pass 2 courses of massage of their 10-15 sessions a year.
All methods of physiotherapy are applied after the acute period of illness and pain subsides, they are often used in restorative treatment in a sanatorium. Physiotherapy allows you to activate metabolic processes in tissues, improve their supply of oxygen, start the process of regeneration of damaged structures.
most cases at chondrosis used:
- treated muds,
- paraffinic and ozokeritnye applications,
- vacuum therapy,
- shock wave therapy,
Postisometric relaxation and spinal traction
This treatment regimen refers to manual effects. It is a system of interaction between a doctor and a patient through a step-by-step tension and maximum relaxation of certain muscles. As a result, the mobility in the spine increases, the tone and elasticity of the ligaments and muscles are restored.
Post -isometric relaxation session
Extension of the spine allows you to eliminate dislocations of the discs, reduces pressure on the diseased intervertebral cartilaginous tissue, helps to eliminate spasm of the muscles of the back. Stretching can be hardware( dry), when the patient hangs on special couches, tables, or underwater, when the procedure is carried out in medical pools with the help of special fasteners.
The rate of spinal traction includes 7-10 procedures, it must be repeated 2 times a year. This technique allows you to effectively get rid of the pain and slow the progression of osteochondrosis.
Treatment of chondrosis with folk remedies
Treatment of chondrosis with folk methods is very popular among the population. Therefore, there are many recipes for oral administration, as well as external means. In addition to potions, folk treatment includes such techniques as hirudotherapy, apitherapy, etc. Despite the fact that the effectiveness of such techniques is not proven, many patients who have thus got rid of the pain can confirm that these methods, tested for years, really,work. Consider the most popular and effective recipes from chondrosis.
Folk recipes are often used to treat chondrosis and very successfully
- To reduce back pain can compress from grated raw potatoes and honey, foods need to be taken in equal amounts. The mixture should be spread over a clean and natural fabric, attached to a sore spot, covered with polyethylene on top and wrapped with a handkerchief. Keep the compress 2 hours. The course of treatment is 7 days.
- To prepare the spice for the back, you will need fresh sliced herb oregano, which you need to insist on 500 ml of olive or sunflower oil for 10 days. After this infusion, strain and rub the sore spot 2 times a day for 10 days.
- The following remedy is used in a complex way: for oral administration, and for rubbing the painful segment of the spine. You will need ¼ cup of vodka, ½ cup of honey, ¾ cup finely grated radish, 2 tablespoons of salt. All components must be mixed and rubbed with a sore spot 2 times a day, and also taken on a teaspoonful 3 times a day, washed down with water.
- Compress with horseradish leaves. Leaves of the plant must be doused with boiling water, cooled and applied to the diseased area. Top with a woolen shawl. Keep such a compress you need all night. The course of treatment is 7-10 procedures.
- Therapeutic ointment for back pain. You will need camphor oil, interior fat and powdered dry horse chestnut grass. Fat should be melt in a water bath, add all the ingredients and mix thoroughly. You can apply the ointment for rubbing and ointment packs. Keep it in the fridge.
It is important to remember that it is possible and necessary to treat chondrosis. Only at this stage of degenerative changes can very good results be achieved. But for this, the curative program should be comprehensive, competently compiled and necessarily include therapeutic gymnastics.
- Medication therapy
- Therapeutic exercises and massage
- Postisometric relaxation and spinal traction
- Treatment of chondrosis with folk remedies