Abdominal pain in the navel area can have many causes - from overly tight clothing to a serious illness requiring immediate surgeon intervention. The source of pain around the navel can be the large intestine, the small intestine( i.e., the terminal segment of the ileum, the caecum and the ascending colon), appendicitis or the right half of the large intestine. In women, pain in the navel area can also appear during ovulation.
- 1 The most common diseases that cause pain in the navel area?
- 1.1 Beginning of appendicitis
- 1.2 Swelling or lump near navel
- 1.3 Pain near navel during pregnancy
- 1.4 Pain near navel in women( gynecological diseases)
- 1.5 Catarrh of the intestines
- 1.6 Pain and palpitation) in the navel area
- 1.7 Sudden, burning pain in the abdomen of the navel without a reason
The most common diseases causing pain in the navel area?
Pain in the navel can be sudden and searing or chronic, sometimes resembling colic. Before you begin to worry, you need to analyze when there is discomfort. After all, the cause of the pain near the navel can be very prosaic - too tight clothing presses on the stomach, which causes pain. A belt with a metal buckle can cause painful swelling and rash, and this is possible not only in people who are allergic.
The onset of appendicitis
If the pain is aggravated by coughing and pressing in the navel area, then this is one of the first signs of acute appendicitis. Already over time, this pain moves to the right lower abdomen, where it is more habitual for us. Characteristic is the lack of appetite, nausea, vomiting and fever. In case of suspicion of appendicitis, it is necessary to go to the hospital as soon as possible.
Swelling or lump near the navel
If the pain in the navel is accompanied by swelling, the cause may be:
- umbilical hernia. Confirmation is obtained after palpation and ultrasound;
- boil. Pain is observed closer to the surface. Requires local and internal( oral) use of antibiotic;
- omphalitis( purulent inflammation of the navel).In most cases, the surgeon makes an incision and puts the drainage, also needs antibiotics.
Pain in the navel area during pregnancy
During pregnancy, abdominal pain near the navel is often "handed off" to the sides and, in the opinion of many women, resembles pinching or colic. It is caused, first of all, by the expansion of the uterus, which presses on the intestine and bladder.
This is normal if such sensations are observed on the 2nd trimester of pregnancy. But closer to birth, they should disappear when the fetal head increases and compensates for this pressure of the uterus on the organs. Therefore, if the pain in the navel is observed late in pregnancy, then this can mean a more serious problem, for example, infection.
Pain in the navel area of women( gynecological diseases)
Women can experience pain in the navel area for two main reasons:
- rupture of the follicle.pain suddenly appears between the 10th and 16th day of the menstrual cycle to the right or left of the navel. Painful sensations can be quite sharp, lasting from a few seconds to several minutes.
- inflammation of the appendages.sudden spastic( in the form of spasms) pain on either side of the navel. It increases during intercourse, can also give in the groin and hips. It is accompanied by weakness, fever or slightly fever. Sometimes there is also nausea, vomiting( due to irritation of the peritoneum) and diarrhea.
Catarrh of the bowel
Enteritis( intestinal catarrh) is most often caused by bacteria or viruses that lead to inflammation of the intestinal mucosa. It can also be caused by parasites. This condition is often accompanied by paroxysmal pain in the navel region resembling colic.
Pain and palpitation in the navel area of the
Many thin people complain of such symptoms, but they are rarely caused by any pathology, but rather are the norm. However, it is always worthwhile to visit a doctor, because this kind of symptoms can accompany an aneurysm of the abdominal aorta.
Sudden, burning pain in the abdomen of the navel without a cause
If the studies do not indicate a particular disease, it may be neuralgia. Such a disease is most often found in hyperactive and emotional people. The cause of neuralgia is the defeat of certain nerves, which is accompanied by pain.