It is a mistake to say that endometriosis only captures the sexual system of a woman inside her body, this insidious disease can spread to other internal organs, and often doctors can not immediately determine the diagnosis.
- What is endometriosis?
- Endometriosis of the intestine, its symptoms
- Diagnosis and treatment of
What is endometriosis?
Endometriosis is a very common ailment, which mainly affects the reproductive organs of the reproductive age of the female genitalia, and because of which the inner layer of the uterus - the endometrium - receives a push to pathological growth beyond its limits. Due to the specificity of the hormonal structure, the same changes occur in endometrial growth, to which the normal uterus is exposed, that is, there will be a monthly bleeding. It leads to the emergence and rapid development of various inflammatory processes in the tissues around the hearth, cause pain, infertility and an increase in the organ itself.
Endometriosis is divided into:
- genital, when genital organs are affected;
- extragenital, when the disease seized organs outside the reproductive system.
There is no main, the main reason for the appearance of this disease, it is believed that the trigger factor are pathologies in the receptors of hormones, cellular enzymes and in gene mutations.
That's why there are a number of main factors affecting the appearance of the disease:
- Decreased immunity;
- Hereditary( genetic) background;
- Hormonal failure.
Main features of endometriosis:
- Endometriod cells capable of spreading through the blood and lymphatic systems to various organs and tissues of the body;
- The disease is cyclic, and manifests according to the menstrual cycle;
- The small growth rapidly becomes large, due to the capture of new tissues and organs.
Endometriosis of the intestine, its symptoms
Endometriosis of the intestine is a disease in which tissue begins to unfruitfully grow, which, in a number of ways, is similar to the endometrium. More often than not, specialists apply the term "endometriotic heterotopy", as the mucous membrane of non-genital organs grows and the term "endometriosis" is a narrow term in gynecology. We must not forget that the endometriotic process, which has been going on for a long time, can cause the appearance of malignant tumors, that is, benign growth can turn into oncology.
- Pains, they may not be, until menstruation comes;
- Intestinal narrowing;
- Constipation and diarrhea;
- Appearance in the feces of blood and mucus.
Diagnosis and treatment of
It is possible to diagnose and diagnose intestinal endometriosis using several research methods that, in fact, complement each other, confirm the primary suspicions.
- Irrigraphic examination is necessary to create X-ray images of the colon using radiopaque material, in different positions of the patient.
- Irrigoscopy, the following research method, which requires preparation from the patient, and in particular to drink at least two liters of plain water, to exclude from the diet all products that can cause gas formation, fruits, vegetables. Before the study, the patient takes a laxative and performs cleansing enemas. Irrigoscopy helps to diagnose and determine the stage of diseases present in the intestine, to see pathologies even in "blind" areas, for example, behind folds of tissue. Practically does not cause complications.
- Colonoscopy, a more severe and capable of causing complications, methods of diagnosing diseases, including endometriosis. However, it allows you to see the pathological changes throughout the body, make a biopsy of damaged tissue and even remove certain formations.
- Biopsy - when a biopath is taken from the intestine where an endometriotic formation is determined and then a histological examination is carried out, which eventually results in a specific answer about the presence or absence of endometriosis or another disease that has similar symptoms and microscopy, such as Crohn's disease, tuberculosis.
It is very important at the time to detect endometriosis and begin treatment, since neglected cases lead to bowel resection and oncology formation.
More often endometriosis of the intestine is treated in conservative ways, for this purpose an individual treatment regimen is selected, taking into account the stage of the disease, the concomitant diseases, the condition and age of the patient, etc. Therapy will take a long time and the patient needs to be ready for this, since the peculiarity of endometriosis is that it often affects not only superficially the tissues, but also penetrates deep into the deep muscular layers.
- antiviral and antibacterial, and sometimes hormone drugs;
- means for raising the immunity and its correction;
- physiotherapy procedures;
- in the absence of the effect of therapy after 6 months, the variant of surgical intervention will be considered.
Tell your friends! Tell about this article to your friends in your favorite social network using social buttons. Thank you!