Arthritis is one of the most common ailments in the world, which, according to experts, affects 10 percent of the adult population of the planet. As a result of the defeat of one or several joints at once, their deformation occurs, which manifests itself in noticeable curvatures and bends of the fingers, hands and feet. Today we will talk about the reasons that provoke the appearance of this disease, its main symptoms and types, in particular, gouty arthritis, and also learn whether it is necessary to adhere to this problem of a special therapeutic diet.
- Symptoms and causes of arthritis
- Types of
- disease Humira or diet?
Symptoms and causes of arthritis
- Swelling of the joints, accompanied by their reddening.
- Increase in the temperature of individual parts of the body: the joints seem to become hot to the touch, and this temperature is clearly felt inside.
- Violation of the function of individual joints, that is, problems with their mobility.
- The beginning of the problem with phalanges of the fingers, in particular, the little finger, the elbow and knee joints.
- Pain sensations, unpleasant twisting pain, which is especially felt in the morning and a little subsides during the day, as a result of joint development.
Do you regularly notice the above symptoms? Well, with a high likelihood arthritis has struck and your joints. This could have happened for the following reasons:
- because of a hereditary predisposition( if your relatives suffered from this ailment, and you are smoking, abusing alcohol and regularly exposing the body to significant physical exertion, the disease is more likely to attack you);
- because of allergic diseases, as well as after the flu, sore throat, common cold, also this group of risk factors include diseases such as diabetes, tuberculosis, various venereal diseases;
- in view of the injuries suffered, including the slightest bruises.
Types of the disease
As you can see, there are a huge number of factors, or more precisely, the risk factors that cause arthritis. So are the cases with the varieties of the disease, which modern medicine knows very, very much. The most common types of arthritis are:
- Mono- and polyarthritis, characterized by the defeat of one and several joints, respectively;
- Rheumatoid arthritis and polyarthritis, mainly affecting small joints;
- Infectious or purulent;
- Allergic, which is characterized by extremely rapid development;
- A psoriatic, faithful companion of skin disease called psoriasis;
- Gout, in which deposits in the kidneys and directly cartilaginous tissues of salts of uric acid, which destroy the joints.
Humira or diet?
If, for most of the varieties of this disease, the use of a special therapeutic diet proves ineffective and therefore inappropriate, and the most effective way of treatment is the use of medications such as Humira, whose testimonies indicate its high effectiveness, then the situation is somewhat different.
The condition of a patient suffering from such a disease can be greatly alleviated by a simple diet consisting of four main product groups: fresh vegetables and fruits, dairy products, breads and cereals, as well as poultry and fish of lean varieties. As for junk food, experts recommend the maximum limit the intake of salt, sugar and fat. If we are talking about elderly people suffering from arthritis, as well as patients who for a long period of time are forced to take corticosteroids, then for them it is most important to ensure a high content of calcium in the diet. This will help strengthen bone tissue and prevent fractures of the extremities. In arthritis, this is especially important, since this ailment also affects the condition, or rather, the fragility of bones.
Diet with Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids
As many studies have shown, people whose joints are struck by gout should adhere to a special diet with a low content of saturated fats and, on the contrary, the presence of a large number of fish fats from the Omega-3 grouppolyunsaturated fatty acids. Therefore, in case of illness it is worthwhile to consume a large number of fish, in particular, cold-water varieties like tuna, halibut and salmon, as well as black currant.
Diet with chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine
These additives, which are the components of the cartilage joint, are obtained from shrimp shells, crabs, lobsters, and pork offal and bovine trachea. Therefore, with gout it is advisable to supplement the diet with the supplements containing them.
Tell a friend! Tell about this article to your friends in your favorite social network using social buttons. Thank you!