How to treat cholecystitis and pancreatitis: the causes and symptoms of diseases and the similarity of their therapy
Pancreatitis and cholecystitis are common in our time. Cholecystitis is a disease affecting the gallbladder and pancreatitis is a disease that affects the pancreas, often accompany each other and therefore it is necessary to conduct their joint therapy. The causes and symptoms of these diseases are similar to each other in many respects, and the methods of treatment have much in common.
- 1 Causes and symptoms of cholecystitis
- 2 Causes and symptoms of pancreatitis
- 3 What is common in these diseases and how to treat them
- 4 How to treat cholecystitis and pancreatitis with folk methods
Causes and symptoms of cholecystitis
Cholecystitis isa disease that is characterized by the onset of inflammatory processes in the gallbladder. This organ is placed next to the liver and takes a direct part in digestion. If the gallbladder functions are disturbed, the outflow ducts do not work properly and therefore the bile accumulates inside the bladder, as a result of which the patient feels severe pain, and the infection can develop inside the organ.
The development of this disease can result in a number of different causes, the most important of which is cholelithiasis. Stones that appear in the bladder often clog the ducts, which leads to a disruption in their withdrawal function.
Also, this disease can develop due to injuries, or as a result of complications of other diseases, for example, diabetes mellitus. In these cases, cholecystitis is not considered an independent disease, because it is a complication of another disease. All these causes lead to the development of an acute form of cholecystitis. If the disease is not treated for a long time, then the chronic form of the disease can develop, as a result of which the gallbladder walls are tightened.
Cholecystitis, most often, affects people after 50 years. The disease is characterized by the fact that at the beginning of its appearance the patient begins to feel acute pain in the right side, just below the ribs. The pain is sudden appearance and often develops after the blockage of the duct with a stone. After this, the inflammatory process begins inside the organ.
After a while, the pain disappears on its own, or after taking the painkiller. After a while, painful sensations return with even greater intensity, there is some regularity in their appearance. The disease worsens, the patient suffers from nausea and vomiting, his temperature rises. Its general condition worsens.
As a result, the withdrawal of bile into the intestine does cease altogether. The skin of the patient becomes yellow, the tongue is dry, with a touch of white. When these symptoms appear, the patient needs to see a doctor as soon as possible, since the disease in neglect can provoke the development of peritonitis.
Cholecystitis is a disease of the gallbladder, which can occur as a result of other serious illnesses, and independently. The cause of its appearance is a violation of the excretory function of the bile duct, as a result of which bile does not enter the intestine.
Causes and symptoms of pancreatitis
Pancreatitis is a disease of the pancreas, most often due to cholelithiasis, or excessive alcohol consumption. It can also be provoked by other diseases, such as:
The inflammatory process that affects the pancreas can occur for various reasons. Inflammation continues constantly, there are periods of exacerbations and remissions. The reason is that the healthy tissue of the body is affected by any negative factors, it dies and in its place appears connective tissue that harms the patient's body.
Over time, healthy tissue becomes less and pancreatic functions are increasingly violated. After a while, the process becomes irreversible, and the organ completely loses its functionality. The reasons for the occurrence of pancreatitis are many. This list includes:
- excessive consumption of alcohol
- organ damage as a result of injuries
- various liver diseases, gastrointestinal tract, gallbladder
- hepatitis B and C
- elevated blood cholesterol level
- toxic effects of medicines
Most often people suffer from diseaseand the elderly, mostly women. The main manifestation of the disease is severe pain, the location that depends on which area of the pancreas is affected. Pain sensations can appear in both the right and left areas of the hypochondrium.
Often, pain occurs after eating, especially if it is too spicy or oily. Painful sensations become stronger when the patient is lying down, they can spread to the lower abdomen, heart or shoulder.
Pancreatic dysfunction leads to changes in the performance of the entire digestive system. This is because it is responsible for producing the enzymes necessary for normal digestion. For this reason, the disease is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- appetite impairment
- nausea and vomiting
It should not be forgotten that the pain does not necessarily indicate the development of pancreatitis. Often they can suffer from people who like to systematically overeat, and this causes pancreatic edema. In addition, these signs may indicate the manifestation of some other diseases.
Pancreatitis is a disease of the pancreas, which can be caused by various factors. It can occur as a result of trauma to the body, and because of other diseases of the digestive tract.
What is common with these diseases and how to treat them
With the gallbladder that the pancreas have similar functions - they produce enzymes that promote a normal digestive process. The first body deals with the dosage of bile produced by the liver, so that it comes in the right quantities, and the second - produces pancreatic juice. When a violation of the functions of one of the organs, there are violations in the work of the other.
Pancreatitis and cholecystitis, as usual, are treated with medication. Often, therapy is complemented by the use of traditional medicine, as well as the appointment of a variety of diets. The main requirement for food intake for these diseases is frequent fractional nutrition. It promotes more effective action of drugs that are used during therapy.
It is recommended to limit the consumption of too fatty foods and more to eat a healthy meal, for example, cooked on a pair of vegetables. It is also useful to drink a glass of kefir before bed. Usually, the diseases are treated with the complex application of various drugs aimed at fighting the main symptoms of diseases. Properly thought-out treatment contributes to the restoration of the functions of the gallbladder and pancreas. Essential medicines used in pancreatitis:
- Pancreatin. A remedy containing the basic enzymes produced by the pancreas, aimed at replenishing them in case of disease. Improves digestion.
- Creon. An enzyme drug similar to Pancreatin.
- Gentamicin. Antibiotic, taken for the prevention of various infectious complications.
- Almagel. An antacid drug that reduces the production of hydrochloric acid in the stomach. Improves digestion.
- Festal. Enzyme drug, which contains both enzymes produced by the pancreas, as well as enzymes that are present in the bile. The drug provides high-quality digestion, is used to prevent cholestasis and excessive gas formation in the digestive tract.
Essential medicines used in cholecystitis:
- Buscopan. Affects the cells of the gallbladder, relaxing them, thereby removing pain in the case of biliary colic.
- Tykveol. A drug that is used to eliminate inflammatory processes in the gallbladder. It also improves the removal of bile from the body.
- Amoxiclav. Antibacterial drug used to fight various infections.
- Heptral. A drug that dilates the bile ducts.
- Odeston. A remedy that promotes the formation and removal of bile, relaxing the cells of the body.
Cholecystitis and pancreatitis have similar symptoms and can occur for similar reasons. For this reason, the treatment of these diseases is similar in some situations. Also, with these diseases, there is a violation of the digestive function of the digestive system, so drugs are used aimed at combating this violation.
And with the exercises that will facilitate the course of cholecystitis you will be introduced to the video:
How to treat cholecystitis and pancreatitis with folk methods
Often, in the treatment of cholecystitis and pancreatitis phytotherapy is used. Specially selected herbs are effective help in the fight against diseases. When choosing these herbs, one should pay attention to their individual tolerance, as well as the fact that many of them can increase or decrease pressure, are laxatives, and some of them provoke constipation.
The most commonly prescribed are herbs that can stop the inflammatory process. These include: the root of a dandelion, calendula, chamomile. If stones are present in the gallbladder or bile duct stones, then the herbs are used that will help dissolve these stones, and also change the composition of the bile. Together with them, we use herbs that normalize the peristalsis of the bile duct.
Sometimes enzymes of gastric juice affect the pancreas, stimulating it even when it should be at rest. For this reason, herbs that reduce the production of gastric juice are used.
There are some ready-made recipes that can be used for pancreatitis and cholecystitis:
- Method one. Mix one part of chamomile, two parts of hawthorn berries and immortelle flowers and three parts of mint leaves and dill seeds and pour all this with boiling water. Spoon the mixture should be poured a glass of boiling water and after he is infused, eat before eating on the fourth part of the glass.
- The second way. Three tablespoons of turn, elecampane and mint, mixed equally, pour half a cup of boiling water and, after pouring a couple of minutes of them on the fire, let it brew for an hour, then drink a third cup twice a day, before eating.
- The third way. A tablespoon of calendula flowers should be poured with boiling water and insisted for eight hours. Eat one third of the glass for half an hour before eating.
Traditional medicine is also effective in combating diseases such as pancreatitis and cholecystitis. It should be used in conjunction with drug treatment and diet: this contributes to more effective control of diseases.
Cholecystitis and pancreatitis - diseases of the gallbladder and pancreas. They are similar in many respects, I have similar symptoms and causes, may appear simultaneously. For this reason, their therapy is conducted in a similar way.
Tell a friend!