If some symptoms disturb and interfere with life, then others seem to be not so significant, but, nevertheless, can be a signal of very serious problems. And what if the eyes water? Why is this often happening on the street? And how is this condition treated?
- Is this normal?
- Possible causes of sleazotecheniya
- What should I do?
Is this normal?
Many have watery eyes, especially on the street. But why? The thing is the reaction of our visual organs to external stimuli, to the environment and to negative factors of influence. Tears are a kind of protective mechanism. When the mucous membranes are under the influence of negative factors, they can dry out or damage. The body reacts instantly to this by actively releasing the tear fluid. For example, this often happens if the bright sun is shining or a strong wind is blowing.
In some people, increased tears arise in the frost. And this too is a normal reaction. The fact is that in the cold, the lacrimal canals narrow, because of this the outflow of tear fluid into the nasopharynx( which is what usually happens) is disturbed, and tears rush to the exit, located on the eyelids.
If tearing is insignificant and stops when preventing a negative effect, then there is no cause for concern. But everything can be a little different.
Possible causes of sledding
If the eyes are watery not only on the street or when exposed to unfavorable factors, this can be due to a wide variety of reasons.
So why this can happen? Let's enumerate the possible options:
Visual impairment. Eyes are in constant tension, because to see something, you need to look closely, concentrate your eyes, hold it. Such excessive stress can lead to increased tears.
- Overstretch of the eyes. If you spend a lot of time at the computer or at work with documents, your eyes will also strain. And excessive tension provokes increased tears, as the body tries to moisten the strained eyes in every possible way, to facilitate their work.
- Incorrectly matched glasses. It's all about the same as in the first paragraph. And one thing, if the glasses do not allow you to see everything well. If they increase( or decrease) the objects to a greater extent than necessary, the organs of vision will also not react in the best way.
- Wearing a lens. Many problems and inconveniences are associated with lenses. If the mucous membranes of the eye can not get used to the lenses, then a normal reaction to the foreign body will occur( the lenses will be perceived in this way), which will certainly provoke increased tearing.
- Foreign body presence. If a small mote came into your eye, you might not have noticed it. But the defensive organism will still work. Tear ducts will begin to release an increased amount of fluid to mop the mote.
- Allergy. One of the manifestations of allergic reactions is increased tearing. So if you get watery, swollen and itchy eyes, and there is frequent sneezing, then remember if you were not in contact on the street or at home with allergens.
- If a cosmetic product applied to eyelashes and eyelids contains any aggressive components, then they can act as an irritant and provoke a tearing. So pay attention to your makeup.
- Lack of vitamins. For normal operation of the eye, certain vitamins are required. And if they are not enough, then the eyes will not be able to function normally. And one of the violations of their functioning is increased tears.
- Damage also provokes increased tearing.
- Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the conjunctiva( the membrane with which the eye and the inner side of the eyelid are covered).Why can there be such inflammation? For various reasons, for example, due to the activity of viruses and bacteria, damage, adverse conditions and other negative factors.
What should I do?
If the eyes water, do not rush to the pharmacy for drops. Yes, some remedies help to reduce tearing, but eliminating the symptom will not get rid of the problem. Therefore, it is worthwhile to find out why this symptom arises, and then to act directly on the cause of this manifestation.
Several variants of events are possible:
- If tearing begins to appear after applying cosmetic products, try changing them. And henceforth, we should be more attentive to the choice of cosmetics. Any remedy should be tested, applying it not a small patch of skin( or eyelashes).
- If you wear lenses, try changing them. Some are so thin and flexible that they are not felt on the surface of the eye. In addition, in this case, you can use special drops( this is better to ask the ophthalmologist).
- You should always give your eyes a rest. If you have to spend the whole day at the computer, just close your eyes every hour for several minutes. You can gently massage your eyelids. In overwork, the doctor may advise special drops.
- If there is a deficiency of vitamins( this should find out the doctor), then it is necessary to start taking a special drug. It can be a biologically active supplement or a complex of vitamins for the eyes. For example, you can take "Mertilen Forte", "Ogovit", "Doppelgerz asset: vitamins for the eyes" or something else.
- If you are prone to allergies, try to avoid contact with allergens. If this is not possible, talk to your doctor about taking an antihistamine.
- Why does my eyes get wet, if everything seems to be all right? Probably, they got a cilium or a mote. Remove it, closing your eyes and trying to carefully slide the foreign body through the eyelid with your finger to the inner corner of the eye. Remove the mote, rinse the eye with warm water.
- Inspect the cornea. Probably, it is damaged.
- If there is a conjunctivitis, it must be treated. Usually pus, accumulating at the bases of the eyelashes, is removed with a moist cotton swab. Also, the eye 3-4 times a day is to handle the eyelids with a weak solution of potassium permanganate or furacilin. It is important to identify and eliminate the cause of the disease. Thus, viral conjunctivitis is eliminated through the use of antiviral drops or ointments. If the cause of the disease is bacteria, antibiotics can be prescribed. In some cases, the use of anti-inflammatory drugs is indicated.
- Wear sunglasses.
Keep an eye on yourself and contact your ophthalmologist if you have any anxiety symptoms.
- Inflammation of the eyelid