You can come across a name like seronegative rheumatoid arthritis. What is this pathology, how does it differ, and also how to fight it? Let's consider all in stages. To begin with, let's look at the terminology.
What happens in the body?
Seronegative rheumatoid arthritis is a form of rheumatoid arthritis, characterized by a lack of rheumatoid factor in the blood. What is this factor? To put it simply, they are own antibodies produced in the synovial membrane of the joint during the development of rheumatoid arthritis. Data autotantibela - is an obligatory criterion that provokes the development and progression of pathology? Not at all, because many patients who suffer from rheumatoid arthritis do not have a rheumatoid factor.
Rheumatoid factor forms subcutaneous nodules and extraarticular lesions that are inherent in rheumatoid arthritis
There are several reasons for the development of the disease, these include:
- immune system disorders;
- viral diseases;
- psychoemotional disorders;
- infectious diseases;
Breastfeeding for two years significantly reduces the likelihood of developing the disease in women.
Statistics state that the disease is extremely common and accounts for about a quarter of the patients with arthritis.
Pathology can affect not only one but several
joints. This type of arthritis differs not only in the beginning, but also in the further course of the process. Consider the features of the pathology:
- affects the hip joint;
- changes are predominantly fibrous in nature;
- development of contractures;The
- process is actively developing and is often exacerbated;
- is impaired articular function;
- affects metacarpophalangeal, metatarsophalangeal, interphalangeal joints;
- in the morning there is stiffness of the joints;
- lesion has a one-sided character of localization;
- appears throughout the year for polyarthritis on both sides.
The development of polyarthritis is a serious complication, which is characterized by progressive inflammation of the synovial membrane of the joint. The disease is characterized by the presence of such a clinical picture:
- in the morning for an hour, joint stiffness is maintained;
- symmetrical joint arthritis;
- presence of characteristic nodules on the joints and autoantibodies in the blood;
- erosion and osteoporosis of the joints.
Seronegative form can also have extra-articular lesions, which are characterized by the appearance of such symptoms:
- amyotrophy( loss of muscle mass);
- kidney damage;
- generalized lymphadenopathy( enlarged lymph nodes).
Seronegative form of rheumatoid arthritis has such clinical symptoms:
- the general condition is disrupted;
- in the blood there is no rheumatoid factor, in the general blood test there is a decrease in hemoglobin;
- there are no rheumatoid nodes;
- enlarged lymph nodes;
- reduces body weight;
- inflammation of the internal organs;
- lesion of the feet and small joints of the hand.
Pathology proceeds more easily, unlike other varieties of arthritis. Also, the forecast is most favorable.
The stages of rheumatoid arthritis can be detected by X-ray examination of
. The development stages of the
process. The following stages are distinguished:
- development of periarticular osteoporosis;
- connective cleft narrows, and osteoporosis develops;
- on the bones appear erosion;
- there is further damage to the joints, up to absolute immobilization.
Diagnostic features of
First of all, the examination starts with a general blood test, in which there are signs of inflammation: ESR, white blood cells increase. When the analysis is expanded, an increase in stab neutrophils is detected.
As a study, specialists apply the reaction of Valera-Rose, which detects the absence of autoantibodies. The main document on which doctors should rely is the medical history.
Radiography establishes the following:
- slight deformation of the feet;
- prevails ankylosing;
- slight osteoporosis;
- small changes in the joints of the hand( at the 2 nd and 3 rd stages of development).
The use of basic drugs and immunosuppressants does not give a quick result. Often the process is complicated by the appearance of amyloidosis
Methods of fighting
Treatment of seronegative rheumatoid arthritis is similar to other types of the disease.
Patients should take the following:
- preparations with anti-inflammatory action( glucocorticoids);
- cytotoxic drugs that suppress the hyperactivity of the immune system.
The specialist in prescribing treatment procedures includes the following:
- local therapy;
- introduction of drugs directly into the joint;
- massage, physiotherapy;
- operational impact;
- sanatorium, resort.
So, this disease is a serious inflammatory process that causes unbearable agony to a person. Timely access to a specialist, as well as the right treatment will help prevent serious complications.
- What happens in the body
- Process development stages
- Diagnostics features
- Control methods