- The first step is the diagnosis of the curvature of the spine
- The second step is the determination of the treatment tactics
- Therapeutic physical training
- Spinal traction
- The other methods of treatment
- The third step is the consolidation of the results
The first step is the diagnostics of the curvature of the spine
To correctly navigate the causes and severity of the disorderposture, you need to see a doctor for a diagnosis.
Only an expert can correctly diagnose and prescribe a set of therapeutic measures to achieve a positive result.
Usually, the patient is assigned a radiological examination of the spine in a straight and a lateral projection to determine the direction and degree of curvature in one or another vertebral column. The most common pathology is located in the thoracic and lumbar spine, the cervical region suffers much less often.
A healthy spine in the lateral projection has physiological curves( kyphosis and lordosis), an increase in the angle of which leads to a curvature of the spinal column. In a direct projection, the axis of the spine should be flat, deviation from the median line of the body causes the formation of scoliosis - the most common cause of the violation of posture. The disease is of several degrees:
- the first - the deviation of the axis does not exceed 10 degrees;
- second - the deviation of the axis is 11-25 degrees;
- the third - the deviation of the axis corresponds to 26-50 degrees;
- the fourth - the deviation of the axis reaches more than 50 degrees.
Pathological kyphosis and lordosis, scoliosis cause disruption of the internal organs of the
In the diagnosis of the third and fourth degree of scoliosis, magnetic resonance imaging( MRI) is identified, which identifies protrusions and herniated intervertebral discs, which are often formed with a significant curvature of the spinal column.
The second step is the determination of the tactics of treatment of
. Timely appeal to a specialist and the implementation of his recommendations increases the chances of complete straightening of the spine.
It should be remembered that the formation of a correct posture can be achieved during the period of growth of the skeleton, which ends in 20-25 years. After this age, the bones, muscles and ligaments become less sensitive to any procedures for correcting the back, which significantly reduces the effectiveness of treatment in adult patients.
At the first and second degree, alignment is performed with conservative therapies, such as exercise therapy, stretching, massage, physiotherapy. Far-onset cases of the disease require an operation to prevent the progression of pathology.
Therapeutic physical training
Therapeutic exercise is a complex of metered exercises that are aimed at straightening the spine and fixing the result. Classes can be conducted in special groups with health-improving institutions or at home. Regardless of the method, exercise therapy should be prescribed by a doctor and under his control to achieve a good therapeutic effect, as well as prevent complications. In the course of training, the specialist adjusts their intensity and gradually expands the set of exercises. The main rule of exercise therapy is the gradual increase in exercise load, the smoothness of exercise, and the absence of pain during exercise.
Apparatus for spine alignment
A simple and affordable set of exercises for the alignment of the spine.
- Pose "emphasis" - stand at the wall, rest against it with your hands. Press your palms on a hard surface until you feel the tension of the back muscles in the thoracic region. The number of approaches is 3, the number of exercises is 15.
- Take the "frog" pose - lying on your stomach, bend your legs and wrap your arms around them in the area of the feet. Drag your fingertips to the top of your head until you feel the tension of your back muscles. Do the exercise 10 times.
- Take the pose "soldier" - in the standing position straighten your back, place your hands along the trunk. Slowly lower your head down, touch the sternum with your chin and simultaneously rise on your toes. Do 2 sets of 12 exercises.
- Pose "lock" - standing straight, start your hands back, link your fingers. Pull your hands down, and head up until you feel a sprain. Do 4 sets of 6 exercises.
- If there is a bar, hang on it every day for 15 minutes.
Exercises for straightening the spine according to the Japanese method for performing at home.
- Roll a terry towel into a 40 cm long roller, 10 cm wide. Secure it with a rope.
- Lie on the floor, place the roller under the waist.
- Legs spread apart and tilt the feet to each other until the thumbs join.
- Hands pull the head, laying on the floor with the palms down. Connect the little fingers.
- Lie in this position for 5 minutes.
The first results of treatment appear after 4-5 weeks of daily sessions. Training should be done regularly.
Extension of the spine
Straightening the spine can be done by traction on special tables or simulators. This method of therapy is used at the second and third degree of curvature, which threaten or lead to the formation of protrusions and intervertebral hernias.
Due to the dosed stretching, the spinal column acquires anatomically correct position. This eliminates muscle spasm, infringement of nerve roots, pain syndrome in the back area. During the period of treatment and after it, you constantly wear belts or corsets depending on the extension of this or that part of the spine. They keep the back in the correct position after the procedure, which helps to fix the positive effect.
Spine for straightening the spine
Belts or corsets are structures made of cloth, reinforced with plastic or iron inserts and equipped with belts. The device fixes the spine as a whole or in a certain department, which has a favorable effect on the muscle tone in the field of pathology, innervation and circulation. A bandage for fixing the correct posture should be worn constantly, it is allowed to take off during the night sleep.
Other methods of treatment
Conservative therapy for rectifying the spine includes the appointment of massage and physiotherapy( magnetotherapy, ultrasound, electrostimulation, paraffin applications).Due to mechanical and physical effects on the soft tissues of the back, spasmodic muscles relax, metabolic processes, blood flow and nerve conduction are normalized, and pain is reduced. The reflex action on the skin receptors improves the general condition, activates the work of the central nervous system, mobilizes the internal forces of the body to fight the disease.
The correct posture when working at the table is indicated in green.
. In case of a violation of mineral metabolism, osteoporosis, inflammatory process in the vertebrae, severe pain syndrome, prescribe medicines: NSAIDs, analgesics, multivitamin complexes, calcium preparations. To improve the effectiveness of treatment normalize the diet. Food enriched with dairy products, fresh vegetables, fish, low-fat varieties of meat. Recommend walking tours, aqua aerobics classes, swimming in the pool and natural reservoirs, cycling. In advanced clinical cases, an operation is performed that involves fixing the vertebrae with metal staples or aligning the back with implants. The price of surgical intervention is quite high, and the procedure can cause complications and requires a long recovery period.
The third step is the consolidation of the results
After achieving positive results, it is necessary to maintain the health of the back. Elementary rules, such as observing proper posture while walking or while working at a table, wearing comfortable shoes, sleeping on an orthopedic mattress, proper nutrition, excluding hard labor and lifting weights contribute to maintaining the parvanous position of the spine. Do not give up regular physical activity and exercise gymnastics. They must become permanent companions in everyday life. No less important is the annual preventive medical control for the timely detection of abnormalities in the health of the spinal column.
Before people suffering from the curvature of the spine, there is often a question whether it is possible to straighten the back without resorting to surgery. It is impossible to give an unambiguous answer. Much depends on the patient's age, the specificity of the disease and the severity of the pathology. However, with timely access to a doctor and complex therapy, chances are great to restore health to the spine and anatomically correct position of the back.