Diarrhea is a nasty and worrying phenomenon. An adult can tolerate his condition, take medicines and adhere to a diet. At kids all proceeds more difficultly. Particularly affected are the baby to a year and a little older. They still can not explain to adults the reason for their anxiety.
And it pours out not only in liquid troubles in the pot, but in raising the body temperature and loud demanding crying. The second point that worries the carp and their parents is what to cook for the baby and how to feed him with diarrhea?
- 1 Diarrhea - mechanism and causes of trouble
- 2 Diarrhea and ration in children. General rules
- 3 We repair fluid loss
- 4 Diarrhea diarrhea in children over the age of one year
- 5 Diarrhea in a fetus for up to a year. How to feed the baby?
- 6 Diarrhea - fearless, but. ..
Diarrhea - a mechanism and causes of trouble
Diarrhea is a violation of the absorption and elimination of fluid in the intestine. Diarrhea is considered a consequence and a sign of various diseases, but not an independent ailment. Causes of diarrhea:
- Rotavirus infection
- Intestinal infections
- Colitis - inflammatory and dystrophic bowel disease
- Crohn's disease
- Side effects of medicines
- Food poisoning
Symptomatic for diarrhea depends on the cause of the disease, but the common symptoms are the same:
- Frequent bowel movement up to 10 andmore than once a day
- Pain in epigastrium
- Total intoxication of the body
If the babyprolonged indigestion, it is necessary to analyze the nutrition of the baby and carefully read the instructions for medications. If the diarrhea does not go down during the day, other symptoms are added, then the baby should be shown to the doctor.
Diarrhea and diet in children. General rules
Doctors have developed a general diet for diarrhea. They are used all the dependencies on the cause of the disease and the age of the patient:
- Do not allow dehydration and disturbance of salt balance
- Eat small meals, but often
- Food - light, mild, gentle, heat and mechanically treated
- Age gradation - food should correspond to the patient's age
Do not insist or force me to eat. As soon as the baby, and the adult has a feeling of hunger, then it's going to be on the mend. And the fact that the baby lost during the forced post, he quickly will get after recovery.
Restoring fluid loss
With diarrhea, a large amount of water and minerals is excreted from the body. It is important to fill these losses. The volume of the liquid and the periodicity for the evaporation of the baby is determined by the attending physician. At home - it's from 1 tea to 2 tablespoons of liquid 1 time in 10-15 minutes.
In severe dehydration, intravenous fluids are indicated in a hospital setting. Solder the baby or special drugs or household remedies. The pharmacies offer the following drugs:
- Ordinary saline solution in bottles
Finished preparations are diluted according to the instructions on the package. Home Remedies for Toddlers:
- Home saline solution - 1 liter of water for 1 teaspoon of table salt, soda( sodium bicarbonate), 1 tablespoon of sugar. In drinking, you can add a few spoons of orange or lemon juice. If the child is allergic to citrus, then such supplements should not be done.
- Chamomile broth - relieves inflammation in the intestines, regulates stool. To prepare the broth, you need 1 teaspoon of raw materials and 1 cup of boiling water. Pour and leave until completely cooled.
- Decoction of rice - envelops and strengthens.
- Broth of wild rose - 1 teaspoon of raw material is ground, poured with boiling water. It is advisable to insist the broth in the thermos. Or boil the fruit for 15 minutes on low heat. Cool and add clean water to 250 grams of broth.
- Decoction of dried fruits - classic unsweetened compote. Do not use prunes or dried plums. This fruit will give the opposite effect. The apple or pear broth works well.
- Green tea - not strong and without sugar.
- A decoction of blueberries has a fixing effect and a usual unsweet compote is cooked.
- Mineral water without gas.
Diarrhea diet for children older than the year
When treating intestinal infections in hospital conditions, doctors recommend the first 2 days at all to give up food. But if a child wants to eat, then this recommendation can not be followed. Hunger is the best indicator of improvement. Portions should be small.
In this case, 6 fractional meals are better than 3 with an impressive portion. Do not load the baby's digestive system. Dishes should have a comfortable temperature - a maximum of +35 degrees. Higher and lower temperatures will irritate the intestines and stomach. Authorized products for diarrhea:
- Cereal soups - rice, oatmeal, buckwheat. Without roasting, without oil and spicy spices. It is advisable to rub the soup with a blender. This will make the dish light and enveloping.
- Fresh jelly from berries with a minimum amount of sugar. Preferably use the fruits of blueberries. Baked vegetables and fruits, apple sauce. These dishes restore the microflora of the stomach and intestines, contain vitamins and minerals.
- Crackers. Do not buy ready! Often bread before drying is impregnated with salt solutions, oils and treated with artificial additives. Take ordinary white bread and dry it in the oven. Do not use biscuits or any sorts of baking from rye flour for crackers.
- From 2 days enter into the diet sour-milk products - kefir, natural yoghurt without sugar, naryne fat content of not more than 2.5%.Cottage cheese is shown to be low in fat.
- With 3 days try to introduce in the diet fresh fruits and vegetables in small quantities. Observe the reaction of the baby. There were colic, bloating or diarrhea - with the fruit you hurried.
- Potato puree is shown to be consumed. But without oil and milk - on the water.
- In the same period, enter meat and fish dishes, steamed or baked. Meat - chicken, beef or veal, turkey, rabbit. Fish - sea, white. Fatty grades of meat and fish are not suitable for the ration of a small sufferer.
- Boiled eggs, steam or brass omelet are injected on the 3rd day of the diet.
Prohibited diarrhea products:
- Fresh vegetables and fruits - the first few days before the state stabilizes
- Fatty dairy products - cheese, fermented milk, fatty cottage cheese, cream
- Sugar in any forms,jam, jam, sweets
- Confectionery - muffin, cakes, pastry
- Shop and freshly squeezed juices
- Corn and pearl barley
- Garlic, radish, radish
- Legumes and any fermentation products
- Sauerkraut, any marinades and pickles
- Fatty types of meat
- Stewed fish, canned fish
- Red fish
- Soda pop
- Sturdy rich broths
- Mushrooms in any form
Details of diarrhea in the child, will tell the video:
Approximate menu number 1 per day:
- Breakfast - steam or omelette, or low-fat cottage cheese, unsweetened tea with crackers
- Second breakfast( snack) - baked or braised apples
- Lunch -broth from chicken breasts or carrot soup, mashed potatoes or mashed rice porridge with steam meatballs or bits, or cutlets, blueberry jelly
- Snack - boiled briar broth with biscuits, baked apple
- Dinner - mashed buckwheat porridge with carcasseshydrochloric beef. Tea
- At night - a glass of kefir or acidophilus milk
Approximate menu №2 for the day:
- Breakfast - rice porridge on water or on diluted milk, soft-boiled egg, tea, bread
- Snack - baked pears or bananas
- Lunch - baked chicken orturkey breast, 2 large baked potato tubers, berry jelly, bread or crackers
- Snack - low-fat cottage cheese, rose hips or chamomile tea
- Dinner - fish steak or meatballs, oatmeal on water, braised zucchini, tea
- At night- a glass of unsweetened yogurt or Narine
strict diet should be from 5 days to 1 week. Then gradually the baby offers new dishes. But to adhere to the principles of dietary nutrition will have about 2 weeks after the normalization of bowel functions.
Diarrhea in a youngster up to a year. How to feed the baby?
For infants up to one year of age, it was also advised to survive a day or two without food. But doctors refused this practice. Kapuzov this age does not have enough resources to calmly starve. A child can begin to lose weight due to muscle mass.
This adversely affects the condition of the small sufferer. The duration of recovery of the gastric mucosa increases. Doctors recommend to continue breastfeeding with diarrhea. But only if there is no vomiting and small portions. To do this, the crumb is applied to the chest for 5 minutes, but it is done more often than usual.
Mom in this period should follow a diet for patients with diarrhea. In infants fed on artificial feeding, the number of feedings also increases, but the portion of the mixture is reduced by a factor of 2.In case of severe illness the doctor will recommend special therapeutic mixtures.
If the child is already getting a lure, then all suspicious products should be removed. And it is better to completely refuse and switch to breast milk or adapted mixtures. After the normalization of the stool, the introduction of complementary foods starts anew, carefully watching the reaction of the baby.
Diarrhea - fearless, but. ..
Diarrhea - it's intrepid, but unpleasant. This condition lasts for 2 or 3 days if the diet is observed. If the symptomatology persists and builds up, you should immediately call the medical institution. Urgent to the doctor:
- Diarrhea lasting more than 2 days
- Liquid stool in large volume in children 1 year of age
- High temperature in children of any age
- Appearance in stool mucus, traces of blood
- Changing the color of the stool. Black stool indicates internal bleeding
- Pain in the epigastric region of any nature - stitching, cutting, spasmodic
- Appearance of signs of dehydration - loss or confusion, cyanosis and pallor of the skin, weakness
Any of these symptoms is an excuse to call a doctor. Do not use medicines for adults and without the recommendation of a specialist in the treatment of diarrhea in young children. This can only aggravate the situation. Adhering to dietary nutrition is not difficult. At the same time there will be an occasion to revise the food system in the family. The prognosis of the disease is favorable.
Tell a friend!