Carnitine is a metabolite, a metabolic product that is present in all living cells. Carnitine can not be considered an indispensable substance, although it is produced in the body. Also, carnitine is not a vitamin. Carnitine is a quaternary amine from the chemical point of view.
- Role of carnitine in the human body
- Functions of carnitine
- Useful than carnitine
- Analogues and prices for
The role of carnitine in the human body
The drug has a positive effect on the body when ingested with food or in the form of foodadditives. Some physicians call carnitine a vitamin-like substance, as it plays an extremely important role in the process of neonatal growth.
Based on recent research, carnitine is indispensable for older people, as well as for people with a deficiency of this substance.
The carnitine molecule has 2 forms, each of which is a mirror image of the second. In order to distinguish between these two forms, two letters are used: L and D. In our body, L-carnitine is produced.
The substance is produced as a result of chemical reactions in the kidneys, liver and brain. In the synthesis of carnitine, methionine and lysine, iron, vitamins B3, B6, and C. take part.
Each cell of the human body has mitochondria that provide energy production. They are very often called cell motors. It is in the mitochondria that fatty acids are cleaved, and energy is released. Even in spite of the fact that cells can draw energy from amino acids and glucose, the generation of energy as a result of the breakdown of fatty acids is a very important moment for the work of the whole organism.
- Provides transportation of fatty acids that enter the cells from the blood, namely through the mitochondrial membrane. This is the main purpose of this substance. It can be concluded that carnitine significantly reduces the amount of fat that can be deposited in unnecessary places, as it transports a large number of fatty acids into the mitochondria. The substance helps to burn fat.
- Derives harmful metabolites from the mitochondria( detoxification function).This occurs immediately after the delivery of fatty acids through the mitochondrial membrane. After this, the carnitine molecule captures harmful decomposition products, and then removes them from the mitochondria. This allows the mitochondria to perform their functions with maximum efficiency.
With age, the production of carnitine slows down under certain conditions. In such cases, the amount of this substance decreases in the brain, muscles and heart. As a result, significantly worsens the capable heart muscle to produce energy. Therefore, it is very important to maintain the optimal level of carnitine in the blood. This can be achieved by taking special supplements.
Carnitine in its natural form is found in the following foods:
To be more precise, the substance is extracted from the liver, kidneys, muscles of animals.
The substance is also found in some plants, but in very small quantities:
- Wheat germ.
- Alfalfa Concentrate.
Nutritionists report that people who consume meat daily get 100-300 mg of carnitine per day. Vegetarians are several times less than this useful substance.
Carnitine is taken for the following purposes:
- For weight loss.
The drug itself can not solve problems with excess weight. If you combine the right diet, exercise and taking carnitine, very soon the extra weight will start to go away.
- For increased endurance.
The drug is needed for those who engage in sports or are engaged in heavy physical labor. The substance helps the body to store energy for training. In addition, the pain after exercise decreases( kripastura).The intake of carnitine significantly reduces the production of lactic acid in muscles after training. Every day in order to get the required amount of energy, the body burns about 40-45% of fatty acids, 40-45% of carbohydrates and 10-15% of amino acids daily.
- For normal heart function.
Medical studies have shown that there is an undeniable relationship between heart failure and a low concentration of carnitine in the heart. In addition, in some people, carnitine deficiency is a risk factor for stroke. The drug increases the flow of blood to the heart, and also increases the concentration of "good" cholesterol. The risk of coronary heart disease decreases.
- To increase male fertility
The drug intake improves the quality of sperm, increases the viability of spermatozoa.
- For the treatment of chronic fatigue syndrome.
Analogues and drug prices
|Carnitene - drug||Solution||Price - 800 rubles|
|Carnitine - drug||Capsules||Price - 175 rubles|
|Carnitine chloride( Carnitine Chloride)- medicinal preparation||Solution for injection 10% 5ml( 500mg in 5ml)||Price - 225 rubles|
|Carnitone - BAA, is not a medicine||Solution 20ml||Price - 250 rubles|
|Carnitone - BAA, is not a medicine||Tablets||Tablets "L-carnitine" - BAA, is not a drug||Tablets||Price - 1450 rubles|
|Elcar - drug||Solution for injections||Price - 360 rubles|
|Elcar( Elcar) - a medicinal product||Solution||Price - 360 rubles|
|Doppelgerz active L-carnitine + magnesium - BAA, is not a medicine||Tablets||Price - 350 rubles|
Before you start drinking the drug carnitine, instructions for use should be read obligatory.
The drug is recommended to take half an hour before meals, dissolve previously in a small amount of clean water. Doses of the drug:
- Adults with prolonged exposure: from 750 mg to 2.25 grams from 2 to 3 times a day.
- Anorexia nervosa, postoperative and traumatic period: 1.5 grams 2 times a day.
- For the treatment of skin diseases: 750 mg.
- For various brain lesions: 750 mg.
For children, the drug is added to the compote, jelly. Dosage for children:
- For children( up to 3 years), the dosage is selected individually by the doctor.
- For children( 3 - 6 years): 5 drops 2 to 3 times a day.
- For children( 6 - 12 years): 11-16 drops from 2 to 3 times a day.
With visible growth retardation: 13 drops 2-3 times a day.
Reviews of doctors about carnitine in most cases boil down to:
- For good effect, it is better to take carnitine in drops.
- It is better to buy an imported drug.
- If allergic reactions occur, stop taking the medication.
- If the drug is taken for weight loss, one carnitine will not be enough. It is necessary to connect regular workouts and establish proper nutrition.
Nikolay, 35 years old
Accepted Carnitone, was engaged in running. For a month I threw off 7 kg, I feel great.
Veronica, 26 years old
With cardio-loads, it helps, the heart is doing very well. In addition, the muscles do not hurt.
Svetlana 40 years
I took the drug after the operation, recovered quickly enough.
Nikolay, 60 years old
The doctor prescribed a drug for the prevention of stroke. So far, I'm happy, my heart does not bother me.
Elena, 55 years old
I have a long history of heart problems. Unfortunately, carnitine did not help at all.