Allergy is a pretty serious problem for many. This, it would seem, is not a serious illness, it prevents you from living normally. But today there are many medications that help cope with this ailment. One of these means is the drug "Tsetrin".
- Composition and effect of
- Effectiveness of
- Forms of release
- Indications for use
- Contraindications, side effects, special instructions
- Dosages, methods of application
- Reviews about
Composition and action of
So, the main active ingredient of the drug "Cetrin"Is cetirizine. This substance is a histamine antagonist( it is the production of histamine that is the cause of allergic manifestations).This component is able to alleviate the course of the allergy both in the early stages, and at later stages, when the manifestations are already very obvious.
The drug works in several ways. First, it has an antipruritic effect, and, therefore, facilitates the patient's condition during cutaneous manifestations of the disease. Secondly, the permeability of the capillary walls decreases, which makes the symptoms less pronounced and painful. Thirdly, this drug prevents the development of edema, which is also the companion of the disease. And, finally, the components of this drug prevent muscle spasm, protecting from pain and discomfort.
Once in the digestive tract, substances of the drug "Tsetrin" almost immediately begin to be absorbed into the blood. In plasma, the concentration of components reaches its maximum within an hour after receiving. Also, the instructions for use have information that substances do not accumulate in the body. Some of them disintegrate in the liver, the other part is excreted together with feces, and a certain amount is processed by the kidneys.
The effectiveness of
This tool is very effective. So, the action is noted after 20 minutes after taking a single dose( 10 milligrams) in half of the patients. And practically in all, undergoing treatment( at least 95% of people), relief comes in an hour. The effect is observed during the day. And after a complete passed course, the action is retained for two or three days.
Forms of release
The preparation "Tsetrin" is produced usually in two forms: tablets in a shell or syrup( it is sometimes mistakenly called drops).Syrup is prescribed more often to children from 2 to 6 years, tablets are used to treat adults.
Indications for use
The drug "Tsetrin" is indicated for various manifestations of allergy:
- allergic conjunctivitis;
- rhinitis of an allergic nature;
- urticaria( both acute and chronic recurrent);
- dermatoses, which are a manifestation of allergy;
- Atomic dermatitis( it is advisable to use as an auxiliary in case of complex therapy);
- edema( including Quincke);
- syrup is often prescribed along with other means for the treatment of allergic asthma;
- hay fever( hay fever).
Contraindications, side effects, special instructions
Instructions for use of the "Tsetrin" tool should be studied before admission, as there are some contraindications:
- gestation period;
- tablets can not be taken by children under 6 years of age;
- syrup is contraindicated in children under 2 years of age;
- also can not be used for individual intolerance to certain substances;
- with caution, the drug should be taken with liver and kidney failure( in such cases, the doctor may prescribe a dose that is halved);
- should also be more careful to be elderly( the withdrawal period is increased, which increases the risk of side effects).
There are some side effects:
- On the part of the digestive system: belching, appetite disorders, stomatitis, bloating, cravings for certain foods, dry mouth, flatulence, abdominal pain.
- From the nervous system: drowsiness, fatigue, depression, irritability, dizziness, tremor( trembling of the hands and other parts of the body), insomnia, headaches,.
- From the cardiovascular system: increased pressure, tachycardia.
- Other possible manifestations: myalgia, pharyngitis, urinary retention and so on.
Instructions for use of the drug states that it should not be taken with sedatives. Interactions with other drugs have not been detected. But it is not recommended to take the medication together with alcohol, this can decrease the effectiveness. In addition, people whose occupations require increased attention during the treatment should be cautious, although there are no obvious violations when observing the dosages.
In case of an overdose( more than 40-50 grams of the drug at a time), there may be symptoms such as severe drowsiness, anxiety, increased heart rate, decreased concentration, constipation. In addition, it is possible edema, itching. In such situations, it is necessary to wash the stomach, using a large amount of pure water and artificially causing vomiting. Symptomatic treatment may also be required.
Dosages, methods of application
The instruction on the use of the preparation "Cetrin" contains data on the methods of taking and doses.
Tablets are given to adults and children over six years of age. It should take 10 grams per day( 1 tablet).This amount can be taken at a time or divided into two receptions( 5 milligrams in the morning and the same in the evening).The tablet does not need to be chewed, it should be washed with a large amount( 150-200 ml) of water. Food intake does not affect the use of the drug, so you can drink the pill before, after or during meals, the effectiveness will not decrease.
As for syrup, children from 2 to 6 years of age should take 5 milliliters of syrup per day or twice 2.5 milliliters per day. It is best to plan the use for the evening, and the liquid can be washed down with a small amount of water.
The full course of treatment can last from 1 week( not less, otherwise the symptoms will again manifest) to 1 month. The duration depends on the severity and form of the allergy. Before you start, be sure to consult a doctor. Do not self-cure!
The instructions for use indicate that the "Cetrin" drug should be stored in a place that is protected from sunlight( especially direct sunlight).The maximum temperature should not exceed 25 degrees Celsius. Be sure to take the medicine away from children!
The price of the drug "Cetrin" may vary, it depends on the particular pharmacy in which the product was purchased. But on average, the packing of tablets( 20 pieces) costs approximately 150-170 rubles. A pack of 30 tablets on average costs 210-20 rubles. The bottle of syrup( 60 ml) has a cost of 130-140 rubles.
Acquire the drug only in a proven pharmacy, carefully treat the quality. Low cost should alert. Unfortunately, there is a risk of forgery, which can be not only not very effective, but also dangerous.
Here are some reviews about the anti-allergy drug "Tsetrin":
- "I take the drug for the third day, as there was a terrible urticaria. Manifestations became less pronounced, but I really want to sleep. I'll see what happens next. If the symptoms do not disappear after a couple of days, perhaps I'll change my medicine, sometimes it's impossible to work, I'm so sleepy. "
- "Personally, I have such a remedy only if the allergy is just beginning. I take it at the first symptoms, and everything goes away. But in the "midst" of the disease the effect was not observed. "
- " I was helped by the drug to avoid asthma. When flowering begins, I start taking the remedy. The course of treatment lasts an average of 1.5-2 months. And during the period of admission I do not notice any side effects. In a dream does not tilt, I drive a car normally. From many heard complaints, but, probably, all depends on individual features of an organism. I was perfectly suited to the drug, it became a salvation for me. "
In conclusion, you can only add that any tool can be used only for the intended purpose or at least after consulting a doctor! So address to the allergist, he will give useful advice or councils about means "Tsetrin".